OK, so are there any rules regarding bumping your own thread??

LetsGoCaps

So I have been observing the 10 day bump rule (borrowed from gameworn.net), but it seems like anarchy in here.

Are there any rules in this forum, or can you just bump yourself at anytime you feel like it?

Seems to me some rules are needed................but maybe that's just my OCD personality :unsure:

Cheers,

LetsGoCaps

:thumbsup:

agreed..a 10 day refresh is kewl and if you need to ask a question, instead of bumping it up everytime, pm them.

:P

I usually go by the JC bump rule. 48 hrs. Not too distant and keeps it fresh in the minds of others.

Personally, I find the way people at gameworn.net get so freaked out about their 10 day rule to be way too annoying. Also, as one of a very few number of moderators, I have to say I'm a very busy person and have little interest in adding timekeeping to my duties around here. I say we keep it to a reasonable 48 hours and if for some reason someone jumps the gun, NICELY police yourselves by pointing it out to the "offender". If it become an ongoing issue with someone in particular, PM me or one of the other mods and we can take some further steps, but let's not get too anal about it like game worn.net please. That just creates an air of hostility I like to think we've been above here.

Personally, I find the way people at gameworn.net get so freaked out about their 10 day rule to be way too annoying. Also, as one of a very few number of moderators, I have to say I'm a very busy person and have little interest in adding timekeeping to my duties around here. I say we keep it to a reasonable 48 hours and if for some reason someone jumps the gun, NICELY police yourselves by pointing it out to the "offender". If it become an ongoing issue with someone in particular, PM me or one of the other mods and we can take some further steps, but let's not get too anal about it like game worn.net please. That just creates an air of hostility I like to think we've been above here.

Agreed.....we are all adults here (for the most part) and we can all follow rules

Having the minimum is good to be fair to others and have their threads be on top for a bit. I generally wait a week to bump my own threads, as I thought that is what the rule is, but I will continue to do so to give others a fair chance, even if the it is decided to be 48 hours.