Sign in to follow this  
LordStanley1893

Oilers trade Bergeron to Islanders

Wow great pickup for the Isles. It's a little bit of a steal IMO Bergeron has loads of potential to be a great QB on the Power Play, but he still has some defensive issues to clean up.

Trade:

To the New York Islanders:

*Marc-Andre Bergeron

*3rd Round Pick

To the Edmonton Oilers:

*Denis Grebeshkov

Here is a link: EDM / NYI Trade

Wow great pickup for the Isles. It's a little bit of a steal IMO Bergeron has loads of potential to be a great QB on the Power Play, but he still has some defensive issues to clean up.

Trade:

To the New York Islanders:

*Marc-Andre Bergeron

*3rd Round Pick

To the Edmonton Oilers:

*Denis Grebeshkov

Here is a link: EDM / NYI Trade

I don't know much about Grebeshkov, sounds like he's staying in Russia for this year. Bergeron I wasn't a big fan of myself, he never really blew me away whenever I saw him play. The fans on the Oilers message board wanted him gone though!

That's what I hear that they can't stand him. But he has potential and I think the Oil definitely lost on this deal.

That's what I hear that they can't stand him. But he has potential and I think the Oil definitely lost on this deal.

I couldn't agree more. Bergeron might have been a bust in their eyes but he certainly wasn't a weak blueliner and he's young. He moves the puck, he's got the potential to QB a powerplay and I think he definitely could have gotten more on the market. I don't really get this deal... especially with the Islanders getting the 3rd. I would have thought that Grebeshkov and a 3rd would have been almost equal value for Bergeron, possibly a small under payment. Grebeshkov for Bergeron and a 3rd is robbery!