Thinking long term about my collection...

Hockey Bob

Goddammit!! Michael Schenker's "Into the Arena" is about as good as it gets for pretty much any instrumental track. And don't even get me started on UFO. They were so ahead of and so underappreciated in their time. His riffs/solo on Rock Bottom will absolutely melt your face if you're not careful.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UFO!  I still have some great memories of blasting “Strangers in the Night” on our car stereos.  That was a pretty kickass live album!

I’m so behind on musical artists today. For me, good music died around 1999. I’m a child of grunge, industrial and thrash/nu metal. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

I’m so behind on musical artists today. For me, good music died around 1999. I’m a child of grunge, industrial and thrash/nu metal. 

All the good music is coming out of Canada these days. It’s fantastic!!

Drake is pretty good. The Weeknd. Justin Bieber. The Odds. Tegan and Sara. Lights.

All kick Arse.

Edited by KB67

9 hours ago, KB67 said:

All the good music is coming out of Canada these days. It’s fantastic!!

Drake is pretty good. The Weeknd. Justin Bieber. The Odds. Tegan and Sara. Lights.

All kick Arse.

Did you seriously put good music and Justin Bieber in the same sentence? You got to be f’n kidding me! 

Guest Dr_Puck
1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

Did you seriously put good music and Justin Bieber in the same sentence? You got to be f’n kidding me! 

Probably just checking to see if we were paying attention. Quit playin', Spud. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Probably just checking to see if we were paying attention. Quit playin', Spud. 

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

Have you heard any of his stuff over the last year or two? It is so good now, and he’s a Canadian treasure......long gone are the days of teeny bopper Justin....

29 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Have you heard any of his stuff over the last year or two? It is so good now, and he’s a Canadian treasure......long gone are the days of teeny bopper Justin....

I have, and it's awful, That stupid a$$ song, "Go Love Yourself"...some of the worst lyrics I have ever heard.  But that is music now days.  I still don't understand how people like Kanye West.  He is a rapper where the majority of his rhymes, well, they don't rhyme!!!

It's not just Pop and Rap, Rock music of today is just as bad.   I know I sound like an old geezer yelling at kids to get off his lawn, but seriously, it sucks.  

Just so you know I'm not all bad, I can live with Drake, he's OK.

Edited by spudrock512

Guest Dr_Puck

Best band you have never heard of: RavenEye. One LP and one full album out, another album out this coming year. A three-piece blues metal band from the UK. Loud, intense, soulful. They play music how it's supposed to be played. 

And just so we don't get totally off track, they have not released a jersey. 

45 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

Do you guys not love Kiki? 

Kiki, do you ❤️Me? Are we riding? Say you’re never going to leave from beside me....

The anthem of the summer of 2018, and Canadian legends from The6 and Degrassi High.....