Even More Obscure

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is navy blue. Red, white and black would be identical to the Senators just like you said. I guess it wouldn't make much sense making an Americans jersey black instead of blue.

I got a nice red Tri-City Americans jersey today:

TriCityAmericanscirca2007-vi.jpg

My first WHL jersey so far.

Something about jerseys that are tied in the front makes me salivate- that jersey looks really sharp!

• 4 weeks later...

Great Pickup Brilliant! That is one of my favorites.

Yeah I'm loving that baby. The only thing is that the silver threads were sewn on way too long...a lot of them were just hanging off the crests loosely. I had to trim them off with scissors but it's no big deal. It still looks good.

• 2 weeks later...
The Rafales lasted two seasons. They were the relocated Atlanta Knights. I have the home jersey, when I wear it, people ask who the Rafaels were. I tell them that I don't know a hockey player named Rafael. Rafale, pronounced ra-FAHL, is a French word for a 'gust of wind'. The fleur-de-lis with crossed sticks on the shoulder was the best part of the jersey. You can easily see the 90s elements in that jersey, with the uneven diagonal waist stripe and the teal-ish green in the color scheme.

IIRC I think the Rafales also wore numbers on the front, right along the bottom left side I think.

I got this baby today in the mail:

SooGreyhoundscirca2003-vi.jpg

SooGreyhoundscirca2003b-vi.jpg

Evidently, this is a game-worn jersey. It's a size 54 and certainly feels like a game-worn jersey but I'm not 100% sure. Apparently, the guy who sold it to me works for the team and had the jersey autographed by Herneisen. I'm having him send me some kind of authenticity to verify that this jersey was A: game-worn and B: acutally autographed by him. It's still a really nice jersey though.

• 5 weeks later...

I like this thread, these are the jerseys we use for our club team here at the University of Washington. We used to have LA Kings current road and home jerseys for ours and after my freshmen year we were able to get new jerseys which I was able to design (I say design loosely, cuz we ended up going with templated jerseys to keep the costs down) The gold is our home and the purple is the away. They are made of the dazzle mesh that alot of college programs are switching too, which I can't say I'm a bigt fan of, but whatever. On the purple one, I wish we had gone with the W crest rather than the Washington Diagonal, becuase Washington is just too many ###### letters, Huskies would have been fine, but the coaches wanted the road jersey to say Washington.

newHomeJersey_tn.jpgnewAwayJersey_tn.jpg

As for other obscure non-NHL jerseys, I've got one red and one white Portland Winter Hawks jerseys (which are just the Blackhawks template) with P's on the shoulder. I got recently got my hands on last season Winter Hawks 3rd jersey which has the Portland City Skyline on it, very cool in person.

New-Jersey.gif

I've also got a Hamilton Bulldogs White jersey from when they used the Oilers template which is an autographed by Jozef Balej with his name on the back. I also have the current Hartford Wolf Pack white jersey.

20061001e.jpg

Actual Pictures will be up in hopefully two weeks when I get done with school.

Brilliant, I like the WHL jerseys, that have some great designs. I'd love to get the Seattle 30th Alt jersey, too bad they only made the 1 set which was auctioned off, those were beautiful jerseys.

I have that Hartford jersey but in navy...no name on the back though. I'd love to get one with Girardi on the back; I love that kid. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite Rangers and I even have a London Knights Girardi jersey that I wear frequently.

Nice, I agree he's got a future in the leauge. I went with the white cuz I like how it looks with a name and number, which this mine doesn't have. Both are shart jerseys, I really like the color scheme they have going on there. If I ever get round to it, most likey it will be a Doubinsky jersey, if not him, Isbister who had a short stint there this year. Both guys played their Junior hockey in Portland (near where I live) so I like to try and get former players jerseys.

I like this thread, these are the jerseys we use for our club team here at the University of Washington. We used to have LA Kings current road and home jerseys for ours and after my freshmen year we were able to get new jerseys which I was able to design (I say design loosely, cuz we ended up going with templated jerseys to keep the costs down) The gold is our home and the purple is the away. They are made of the dazzle mesh that alot of college programs are switching too, which I can't say I'm a bigt fan of, but whatever. On the purple one, I wish we had gone with the W crest rather than the Washington Diagonal, becuase Washington is just too many ###### letters, Huskies would have been fine, but the coaches wanted the road jersey to say Washington.

newHomeJersey_tn.jpgnewAwayJersey_tn.jpg

As for other obscure non-NHL jerseys, I've got one red and one white Portland Winter Hawks jerseys (which are just the Blackhawks template) with P's on the shoulder. I got recently got my hands on last season Winter Hawks 3rd jersey which has the Portland City Skyline on it, very cool in person.

New-Jersey.gif

I've also got a Hamilton Bulldogs White jersey from when they used the Oilers template which is an autographed by Jozef Balej with his name on the back. I also have the current Hartford Wolf Pack white jersey.

20061001e.jpg

Actual Pictures will be up in hopefully two weeks when I get done with school.

Brilliant, I like the WHL jerseys, that have some great designs. I'd love to get the Seattle 30th Alt jersey, too bad they only made the 1 set which was auctioned off, those were beautiful jerseys.

I really like those Washington jerseys. When I joined my club team my freshman year, they were proposing a jersey style along the lines of the Calgary Flames jerseys worn in the late 90s. I loved the look, but due to finances it never happened. Its too bad really, the IUPUI Jaguars logo looks really good on there.

• 2 weeks later...
I got this baby today in the mail:

SooGreyhoundscirca2003-vi.jpg

SooGreyhoundscirca2003b-vi.jpg

Evidently, this is a game-worn jersey. It's a size 54 and certainly feels like a game-worn jersey but I'm not 100% sure. Apparently, the guy who sold it to me works for the team and had the jersey autographed by Herneisen. I'm having him send me some kind of authenticity to verify that this jersey was A: game-worn and B: acutally autographed by him. It's still a really nice jersey though.

That is a sweet primary logo- and interesting placement of the stars- nice jersey!

That is a sweet primary logo- and interesting placement of the stars- nice jersey!

The Soo Hounds have used that logo and star placement for years. They added diagonal black trim around everything about 10 years ago. They did switch to a cartoonish snarling dog head logo from 1998-2000, but then they reverted back to a modernized version of the circular logo (wise, wise choice).

The Soo Hounds have used that logo and star placement for years. They added diagonal black trim around everything about 10 years ago. They did switch to a cartoonish snarling dog head logo from 1998-2000, but then they reverted back to a modernized version of the circular logo (wise, wise choice).

Yeah- I looked up the history of it when I saw it on here- safe to say it may be making an appearance in my closet at some pointin the near future!

Something about jerseys that are tied in the front makes me salivate- that jersey looks really sharp!

I agree...And as a Sabre fan, It almost make me want to see the Amerks update their logo to something that sharp as well.

• 1 month later...

IMGA0100.jpg

IMGA0101.jpg

Here's one from the CHL. This is a replica of the jersey that the Youngstown Steelhounds wore on a special Elvis night when they played Memphis. It's an Athletic Knit brand, they also made their authentics. It's mesh with a nice sewn-on logo.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what's taken me so long to add to this thread, but here's one of my favorite jerseys. Click on the photos for larger versions. This time, it's worth it!

2315591050100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2018890240100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Pierre-Marc Bouchard 2001-02 Chicoutimi Sagueneens jersey

I love drop shadowed numbers and the squarish Penguins font on the sleeve numbers.

My customizers did a dead on job getting the odd drop shadow in the center of the "A" and the tiny #21 on the chest to honor Guy Carbonneau having his number retired by the team.

2065204610100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2401313570100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

It actually took two jerseys to make this one. The first one I bought came with a great embroidered crest, but with Reebok and QMJHL logos on the chest where I needed the 21 and the "A" to go, so I bought the CCM you see here, but it came with a craptastic rubberized screen printed crest. Yuk. I was caught off guard by that kind of cresting on a CCM and was never going to be excited about it, so I removed the nice crest from the Reebok, scuttling my plans to resell that jersey on ebay, and had it sewn onto the CCM since it was a 100% perfect fit over the screened one. My sewer wasn't as thrilled since the thread kept breaking due to the thickness of the original crest, but it's even better than when it was just glued on the Reebok now that it is sewn onto the CCM.

Florida Everblades- the green jersey is pretty killer!

Randy-Petruk-1.JPG

I got to see Florida's jerseys up close when they played Idaho for the Kelly Cup a few years ago. They had a really nice design and looked good on the ice. Though it did look even better when it was in the Penalty Box helping Idaho. Looked kind of funny too when one of Florida's players let the fans get to him and when he was tossed from the game while skating off the ice he did a 360 and flipped all the fans in the stadium off.

Time for some of my minor league jerseys.

First up, the Hartford Wolf Pack. This is a game worn jersey as well.

I love the "Rangers" look to this one. It's one that looks familiar to people at first, but then they realize it doesn't say "Rangers" after they first glance at it. I'm unsure how many seasons this style was worn as an alternate, but I get the impression it wasn't too many, since I see a lot of other Wolf Pack styles a lot more frequently.

2719075970100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2369126720100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

I love that Pack jersey. The third jersey is pretty cool too. I have a replica that I picked up from the team store:

HartfordWolfpackcirca2005-vi.jpg

That blue one just screams classic though. I just wish they'd axe the liberty head and put the shield up there instead.

One of my favorite ugly jerseys has a special place in my heart.

The red jerseys were the road jerseys for the Cincinnati Cyclones from 1990-97. It's a Bauer authentic 52 with the fight strap. It's also one of the few logos that incorporates the logo twice.

IMG_0564.jpgIMG_0567.jpg

Then, from 97-present, they made an equally ugly jersey.

IMG_0568.jpg

It's got some sweet patches, too.

IMG_0572.jpgIMG_0573.jpg

Today's jerseys are from the Minnesota Wild's AHL affiliate, the Houston Aeros.

First up in a jersey from the IHL days and the 98-99 Turner Cup Champions. They were a Dallas Stars affiliate then, but employed future Minnesota Wild goaltender Manny Fernandez. When I got an Aeros jersey and went looking for a player to put on it, Fernandez seemed the obvious choice since he was already an established Wild player, rather than taking a chance on a future prospect who may not become a Wild regular, and Manny did backstop the Aeros to a Championship as well.

This particular jersey has been through a lot in it's life. I frist bought it from the Aeros in order to wear it to an Aeros game vs. Milwaukee that was going to be held in St. Paul in front of the parent club's fans to give us a chance to see our prospects in action in Dec. 2002. I had the Aeros deliver the jersey to a local customizer they used in Houston to have my name and number put on and then sent to me in time to wear to the Aeros game. The jersey arrived with a crappy nameplate of twill with an embroidered edge and the wrong font for the name. It also had the wrong font for the numbers. It was a total disaster. I stripped all the customizing off and sent it out to be redone as the Fernandez. Also, the SP brand jersey ran at good size larger than tagged, so I also had it altered down a size at the tailor shop. The poor thing's been through a lot to get to the point that it is now.

2810118990100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2436453020100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

In 2000-01 the Aeros underwent some changes, as the Wild became the parent club and they also moved to the AHL.

This jersey is their alternate jersey from that season. The awesome merchandise guy at the Aeros gave me the contact info for OT sports so I was able to get an authentic numbering kit from the very people who did the Aeros jerseys. I also made my own "Whataburger" patch for it to finish it off just so. The jersey was from ebay.

2996163780100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2952508820100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2722534220100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

In 2002-03 the Aeros introduced an alternate jersey. It was a modern version of their classic old WHA jerseys and proved very popular. So popular that the following year, 2003-04, it became their primary jersey, meaning they had to make a dark version of it that you see here, which was used for just one season. The jersey still featured the classic bomber logo on the shoulders, but lacked the new, modern logo that the team introduced, so the team came up with the idea of the 10th Anniversary patch to feature the new bomber. The awesome merchandise manager for the Aeros sent me one at no charge!

2957213910100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2180175390100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2138540390100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

The Aeros were purchased by the Wild and were made to change to the Wild's colors and jersey template for 2004-05, which was also the year of the NHL lockout, meaning the Aeros had several young players on their roster that would have normally been playing in the NHL that season. The recolored bomber logo proved even less popular than the blue version it replaced. It already looked enough like a Russian MiG, but at least it was a "metallic" looking shade of blue. Making it red just strengthened the opinion that it was a Russian jet fighter.

Aside from all the controversy about ditching the bomber logo, I did like the use of the stencil font to carry the military theme. Note that the letters on the name are in fact two colors, green on white.

2875740140100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2248874700100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

The Wild apparently caught enough flak about the logo change and did revert back to the bomber logo for the 2006-07 season, while still keeping the Wild jersey template, but ditched the stencil font in favor of a "Star Trek-y" looking version of the Wild's Red Alternate jersey font, "Machine".

As usual, click on any photo to see my webshots album where you can see the full sized versions.