2012 World Hockey Championships

oxbo1690

I am looking forward to rock out some of my IIHF jerseys at a few games in Stockholm. I have tickets to Sweden - Norway, Sweden - Czech, Norway - Russia and am considering going to a couple of more.

Anybody else going to be down Europe way to see the tournament?

It will be back in North America soon enough. I doubt it will go to Belarus next year so they will probably have a place to move it. I wish I went to see it in Halifax/Quebec City back in 2008 when I was still in Canada but I was foolish.

It will be back in North America soon enough. I doubt it will go to Belarus next year so they will probably have a place to move it. I wish I went to see it in Halifax/Quebec City back in 2008 when I was still in Canada but I was foolish.

Yes, but you dont get the "mix" of fans here in NA that you get in Europe. Sure you'll get some who travel here but I'd be more interested in the whole European WC experience.

I'd love to go to another Worlds or World Juniors. Two weeks of two games per day? Heaven.

Yes, but you dont get the "mix" of fans here in NA that you get in Europe. Sure you'll get some who travel here but I'd be more interested in the whole European WC experience.

That's very true with the exception of the WJC. Canadians love that tournament! It's like a Holiday tradition. I remember I was travelling at christmas time the year before last and I was in Estonia visiting a cousin and we were watching the Canada - Russia game. They were up 3-0 at the end of the second and my cousin thought it was boring so we went out for some beers. I came back afterwards to see the score and was devastated with the loss and he thought it was the funniest thing ever that I cared about the hockey. I regret not seeing them in Halifax when I was younger. Ovi and Crosby were there!

I live pretty close to Stockholm (1 hour by plane) and the tickets were pretty cheap considering how expensive this area of the world is. I decided what the hell, so I am going with a couple of Russian friends to see Norway and Russia play. We would have gone to Helsinki too but the tickets were minimum $100 to see a game. Who wants to pay that to see Belarus - France play? Canada tickets were closer to $200 for the cheapest tickets. Ridiculous!

I'll take lots of pictures for you guys and can grab any rare replicas for you if you like. They have a web-store already too: http://62.20.67.28/wm2012/Servlet?page=order_articletable.jsp&parent=sWM12_300

I will probably get a Norway replica myself.

On a side note, does anybody know if Canada will be wearing any thirds this year?

We would have gone to Helsinki too but the tickets were minimum $100 to see a game. Who wants to pay that to see Belarus - France play? Canada tickets were closer to $200 for the cheapest tickets. Ridiculous!

I'll take lots of pictures for you guys and can grab any rare replicas for you if you like. They have a web-store already too: http://62.20.67.28/wm2012/Servlet?page=order_articletable.jsp&parent=sWM12_300

I will probably get a Norway replica myself.

On a side note, does anybody know if Canada will be wearing any thirds this year?

yeah they are gonna shoot themselves in the foot for that.. unless they somehow sell out.. I was in quebec in 08 and saw all team italy games for less than 100 altogether and all lower level seats!.

im interested in a team italy replica if they have them.depending on the quality. I saw the webstore they have up, but that CANT be all they have as far as jerseys.. they dont even have finland???

no clue on Canada or any third jerseys for that matter. Probably not since its not a Canada hosted or special IIHF anniversary etc..

yeah they are gonna shoot themselves in the foot for that.. unless they somehow sell out.. I was in quebec in 08 and saw all team italy games for less than 100 altogether and all lower level seats!.

im interested in a team italy replica if they have them.depending on the quality. I saw the webstore they have up, but that CANT be all they have as far as jerseys.. they dont even have finland???

no clue on Canada or any third jerseys for that matter. Probably not since its not a Canada hosted or special IIHF anniversary etc..

The store at the games ought to be better. The webstore is a bit s***ty. I'll send you a message when I am in Sweden regarding prices and all that.

How were the fans in Quebec? It's a beautiful city isn't it? One of the nicest in North America and certainly the most european feeling.