NYIJM29

That goal the Rangers got with 6 seconds left was so lucky. :|

Annnd they just won in OT.

Caps better get it into gear.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a re-run from 2004. Top seed in the East manages to go wire-to-wire despite some gritty efforts against them (Rangers struggling a little more than Bolts but OK). Big goalie dialed in playing deep in his net for their side. Brad Richards leading the way, Torts behind the bench.

On the other side, team with an agile, unorthodox goalie, a determined captain and Sutter coaching them goes through the 1, 2 and 3 seeds en route to a Finals appearance.

Only difference is that I actually think the Cinderella has a little more talent than the favorite this year. That Flames team was pretty outclassed and they still came within inches of winning the series.

Joel Ward giveth, Joel Ward taketh. :angry: :angry: :angry:

That sucked so bad. I am going to game six but do not hold out a great deal of hope. I know the Caps have shown backbone winning game seven in Boston after losing game six in ot, but I think they may fold after this latest kick in the N***!

The 2004 Flames were outclassed? They knocked off the top 3 teams in the Western Conference that year AND were an overtime goal away from winning the Cup! I wouldn't call it outclassed at all. Tampa Bay was just better when it counted.

That sucked so bad. I am going to game six but do not hold out a great deal of hope. I know the Caps have shown backbone winning game seven in Boston after losing game six in ot, but I think they may fold after this latest kick in the N***!

Please do the Caps a favor and punch Marcus Johansson square in the vag when you get there.

Please do the Caps a favor and punch Marcus Johansson square in the vag when you get there.

Maybe they will scratch him and he can join Jeff Halpern and Mathieu Perreault who have probably been getting drunk at the Hooters a couple blocks up on 7th St during all the games, cause they sure ain't getting a whiff of the playoffs.

Talk about choking...

Good thing Philly won their cup in the first round, because it saved them a whole bunch of work in round 2.

At least Claude "best player in the world" Gmeister had a great seat for the game tonight. :lol:

The 2004 Flames were outclassed? They knocked off the top 3 teams in the Western Conference that year AND were an overtime goal away from winning the Cup! I wouldn't call it outclassed at all. Tampa Bay was just better when it counted.

I still believe that Gelinas scored in game 6 and if that was called a goal (like it actually was) then it would have been over that night.

Mike is right, the Flames were certainly not outclassed.

On to this year though, I would like to see either Phoenix or LA win. Total underdogs hold a place in my heart.

*sigh* I can't believe Philly folded so easily... On a side note, when Volchenkov got laid out in the first, the hem of his jersey flipped up as he was laying on the ice and you could see the Meigray tag.

, the hem of his jersey flipped up as he was laying on the ice and you could see the Meigray tag.

So glad I was not the only one who noticed that!

I was hoping Philly would get by the Devils, mostly because Philly knew they couldn't beat the Rangers. Oh well, shades of '94 all over again. I'll be happy when the Rangers close out the Crapitals and Overcheckin.

rappinov.gif

Hey Rags why didn't you call up Mariano RiveraDavid Robertson to close it out for you? lol choke

:takes another zip of the haterade:

Before this game 7 starts, let me just say I hope whoever wins gets the cup. It's been an amazing series and I hope the winner takes it all.