2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NYIJM29

I'd love to see the Kings sweep, or at the very least keep their playoff road win-streak alive.

I'm pulling for the Kings, but hoping they take it to 7 games. No reason to cut the season short by three games. Never enough hockey...

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pulling for the Kings, but hoping they take it to 7 games. No reason to cut the season short by three games. Never enough hockey...

Because I love hockey yes I would love to see game 7 but as a Kings fan I wouldn't want to because the first game was nerve wracking and I chewed off all of my finger nails. Ouch!

If the Kings can't sweep, the only reason I'd want it to go to 6 games is so that they might be able to clinch it at home in front of their fans. I hope it doesn't go to 7; I don't need the stress!

But we're getting ahead of ourselves, there's still plenty of hockey left.

I'd love to see the Kings sweep, or at the very least keep their playoff road win-streak alive.

I was hoping for a Kings/Rangers final. The Kings would win that one.....and it would be a nice storyline....Kings an 8th seed team polishing off 1, 2 and 3 and the West and #1 in the East.

However the series as is draws parallels to the '93 Finals where Montreal had the amazing 10 OT win record, and the Kings, already at 9 wins, will have a similar road win record

If the Kings can't sweep, the only reason I'd want it to go to 6 games is so that they might be able to clinch it at home in front of their fans. I hope it doesn't go to 7; I don't need the stress!

But we're getting ahead of ourselves, there's still plenty of hockey left.

gotta add the last part in as to keep away the "jinx"...Huh?

I like the Devils more than I like the Penquins, but that's not saying much because I HATE Pittsburg.

Go KINGS!!!

I don't know of a team called the Pittsburg Penquins, that is news to me. Though I do know the PittsburgH PenGuins.... :lol:

I was hoping for a Kings/Rangers final. The Kings would win that one.....and it would be a nice storyline....Kings an 8th seed team polishing off 1, 2 and 3 and the West and #1 in the East.

However the series as is draws parallels to the '93 Finals where Montreal had the amazing 10 OT win record, and the Kings, already at 9 wins, will have a similar road win record

Don't jinx it man! Shhhhh.... :lol: Maybe at least this time one of the Kings won't get called for using an illegal blade curve like Marty McSorley....

I expect this series to go longer than 4 games. Devils lost the first game in each of their previous 2 series. Wouldn't be surprised to see them rebound tomorrow. Though I am hoping for a 6 or 7 game battle.

I think I'm going to puke.

Carter was a bum in the playoffs when he was in Philly. Giant slap in the face to Flyers fans

Carter was a bum in the playoffs when he was in Philly. Giant slap in the face to Flyers fans

That's ok, you guys deserve to be slapped in the face for being fans of a team that couldn't beat the Devils :P. The Rangers would still be playing if they had to go through Philly instead of NJ :D

Whatch Richards score the game winnig goal and take the cup :lol: then Philly will really kick themselves in the Arse.

That would be nice. :D When Richards got traded, I'm sure he never in a million years would have imagined he'd have a better shot at the Cup with LA than with the Flyers. Funny how things work out sometimes.

That would be nice. :D When Richards got traded, I'm sure he never in a million years would have imagined he'd have a better shot at the Cup with LA than with the Flyers. Funny how things work out sometimes.

Seriously, I was watching his NHL 36 and that dude was depressed when he found out that they're trading. He's all like "I went from being a Super Star in Philly to a regular athlete here in LA, people don't know who I'an here".

That's ok, you guys deserve to be slapped in the face for being fans of a team that couldn't beat the Devils :P. The Rangers would still be playing if they had to go through Philly instead of NJ :D

That doesn't say much, The Rangers faced bottom seeded teams, notwithstanding barely made it to the 3rd round.

Whatch Richards score the game winnig goal and take the cup :lol: then Philly will really kick themselves in the Arse.

I still am a big fan of Richards, so I wouldn't be against that. To make it better, how about Gagne comes back and he gets the primary assist? :)

I was never a Carter fan when he was in Philly, so it just irks me when he finally scores a big goal.

I watched that NHL 36 as well and I laughed when he checked into the radio station and the women asked who he was. But seriously, you go from being front and centre in the hockey market in Philly, to not being noticed. It's gotta be a weird feeling.

What you guys think about the mystery that every team that won the cup since 2008 started the season in Europe?!

Now the Kings are 2 wins away from the cup and where they opened the season....right..Europe.

Is this just luck?!

So what will be next season without the NHL Premiere in Europe....lockout?!?!

Oh yeah baby one more nail in the coffin and then send the Devils to hell!

Last final sweep was 98. If the kings make the sweep...they reach the record of oilers 87/88 team. 16-2 playoff record.

Just unbelievable....was there ever an 8th seed team that won the cup?

Just unbelievable....was there ever an 8th seed team that won the cup?

No, in fact I believe the Kings are the second 8th seed to even make it to the finals, the first being the Oilers in 2006.

There have been "last seed" teams that won it, but not in the current 16-team format.

No, in fact I believe the Kings are the second 8th seed to even make it to the finals, the first being the Oilers in 2006.

There have been "last seed" teams that won it, but not in the current 16-team format.

They are the first team I believe to ever go 3-0 in all rounds

It's even more mind-blowing when you consider how badly they were playing in the middle of the season, when they had a hard time scoring even one goal a game. The change in attitude and mindset of this team is simply amazing.

They're the first team to do a lot of stuff. The run that they are on right now is just mind-blowing.

That's for sure! Even tho they are both my two fav teams big rivals I'm finding the finals still fun to watch. I've always said if my teams don't do well I'd rather it be an underdog or someone who hasn't won the cup in 20+ (or never) years win the cup

You know who the Kings remind me of right now? This year's New York Giants. Both teams have gone from mediocre to monumental. They were somehow able to just flip the switch from low to high and cannot be stopped. They have all the confidence in the world and they know they're going to win before they step on the ice. And you know what else? The opposition knows the Kings are going to win as well and that goes a really long way.

I have to say though, in my own selfish way, at least a very small piece of me is hoping the Devils can eek one out in L.A. so I can go up to Newark on Saturday and see the Kings win the Cup here in Jersey. That would just make my year.