2012 NHL Entry Draft

NYIJM29

It is that time of year! Draft Lottery airs tonight at 8 PM on Versus/NBC Sports in the US and TSN in Canada.

As it currently stands, here is the order (probability of winning the first overall pick):

1) Columbus Blue Jackets (25%)

2) Edmonton Oilers (18.8%)

3) Montréal Canadiens (14.2%)

4) New York Islanders (10.7%)

5) Toronto Maple Leafs (8.1%)

6) Anaheim Ducks

7) Minnesota Wild

8) Carolina Hurricanes

9) Winnipeg Jets

10) Tampa Bay Lightning

11) Colorado Avalanche

12) Buffalo Sabres

13) Dallas Stars

14) Calgary Flames

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/4/10/2937154/nhl-draft-lottery-2012-nail-yakupov-rankings

Just as long as the Edmonton Spoilers don't win it again this year. I hope the Islanders or the Leafs move up to number 1.

Just as long as the Edmonton Spoilers don't win it again this year. I hope the Islanders or the Leafs move up to number 1.

Me too! Well, I hope the Isles move up to number 1! It is a shame that the only way the Isles get talent is through the draft.

Gotta go defense (unless Snow drugs Suter and gets him to sign on LI), so Dumba works for me.

But Josh, we all know Snow is going to trade 4th overall for 7th overall (Minnesota) and 37th Overall

Every year the Isles have a better chance of obtaining the #1 overall pick than making the playoffs. :lol:

Words words words. See ya on the golf course :thumbsup:

But yeah, what you said is true :(

Words words words. See ya on the golf course :thumbsup:

But yeah, what you said is true :(

You're right too, the Pens are done. :lol: Talk about a PERFECT example of having a STELLAR regular season and completely CHOKING in the playoffs.

It's all fun and games about the Isles. I feel bad for die hard fans such as you, who LOVE the team and really want them to win so badly! I know your pain about the losing, it really sucks. I think the Isles are onto something, they finished pretty strong this year. They get a couple more good players and they'll be competitive. But then it's only a matter of time before people saying the Isles tanked to get good. How lame! -_-

You're right too, the Pens are done. :lol: Talk about a PERFECT example of having a STELLAR regular season and completely CHOKING in the playoffs.

It's all fun and games about the Isles. I feel bad for die hard fans such as you, who LOVE the team and really want them to win so badly! I know your pain about the losing, it really sucks. I think the Isles are onto something, they finished pretty strong this year. They get a couple more good players and they'll be competitive. But then it's only a matter of time before people saying the Isles tanked to get good. How lame! -_-

Haha thanks! It is really rough.

I can handle the ribbing...I know it is all in good fun :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

From the Oilers' standpoint it was a pretty good draft. Not only did we get Yakupov, but we also got Danil Zharkov and Joey Laleggia.

From the latter you may ask "who?". Well the guy racked 38 points in 43 games in the WCHA, AS A ROOKIE.