JohnnyOnTheSpot

To: All

Re: Flyers v. Penguins game 1

Subject: SUCK IT.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the Pens played like hell in the third, you know for a fact Briere's first should've been called back. That said, rolling over and dying didn't help their case any. Pretty typical of officiating all year long, call what isn't really a penalty and let the real infractions go. They really need to do something, it's been by far the worst this year. And that last sentence is an impartial one, big calls missed often for both teams in most games.

While the Pens played like hell in the third, you know for a fact Briere's first should've been called back. That said, rolling over and dying didn't help their case any. Pretty typical of officiating all year long, call what isn't really a penalty and let the real infractions go. They really need to do something, it's been by far the worst this year. And that last sentence is an impartial one, big calls missed often for both teams in most games.

So they were one for one on the calls ,Pittsburgh third goal was a mess up buy the refs .

This series will be a great one

FLYERS IN SEVEN

So they were one for one on the calls ,Pittsburgh third goal was a mess up buy the refs .

This series will be a great one

FLYERS IN SEVEN

I watched that third goal like 4 times last night, and Sullivan never touched that in the corner. It looked like he did initially but Voracek is the one that propelled it out of the corner and I see that now. But I've heard just about everywhere that they waved off icing for whatever reason. I can't find any supporting evidence of this from the two visible officials in the opposite corner. That said, the Flyers played hard and didn't quit, while the Penguins did indeed quit. They abandoned Fleury after the halfway mark.

Either way it goes regardless of team allegiance, this has been the worst officiated season in the history of the NHL, anybody agree with that? So many good goals called off, obvious calls missed, phantom penalties, you name it.

If I'm a neutral fan, I would be just embarrassed at that officiating. The blown icing, the offside goal, the numerous other non icings for no apparent reason, the penalties, etc. It was just a nightmare all around for the officials last night.

What made it even worse is that this is the same crew that officiated the Cup Finals last year. They were specifically scheduled to ref this game plus a few others throughout this series.

Shouldn't this be in the Trash Talk section? :lol:

It was a great game - I joined late, right before Pens went up 3-0. Great comeback by the Flyers. Frankly I don't care who wins the series as long as the games continue to be entertaining and it goes to seven games wearing both teams out for the next round :P

Either way it goes regardless of team allegiance, this has been the worst officiated season in the history of the NHL, anybody agree with that?

You won't get any argument from me on that one.

I watched that third goal like 4 times last night, and Sullivan never touched that in the corner. It looked like he did initially but Voracek is the one that propelled it out of the corner and I see that now. But I've heard just about everywhere that they waved off icing for whatever reason. I can't find any supporting evidence of this from the two visible officials in the opposite corner. That said, the Flyers played hard and didn't quit, while the Penguins did indeed quit. They abandoned Fleury after the halfway mark.

Either way it goes regardless of team allegiance, this has been the worst officiated season in the history of the NHL, anybody agree with that? So many good goals called off, obvious calls missed, phantom penalties, you name it.

There's NO excuse for losing a 3 goal lead AT HOME in the PLAYOFFS under ANY circumstances. :noway:

I personally hope the Penguins get knocked out, if for no other reason than Philly knowing they can't beat the Rangers. Speaking of which, as bad as the officiating was last night, it'll be 100x worse for the Rangers because the NHL hates them and they go to extremes to make that fact obvious.

... it'll be 100x worse for the Rangers because the NHL hates them and they go to extremes to make that fact obvious.

Wha-wha-what-now? If anything I'd say the NHL favors the Rangers as an original six team from the largest market in the league.

Yes, Sidney and Penguins are the golden child of the league, this is an irrefutable fact*, but the Rangers, Leafs, and Wings are not far behind in being loved by the league. I feel sorry for the red-headed-step-children teams in smaller markets that the league hates.

* Well maybe not irrefutable, but you get my point :thumbsup:

Wha-wha-what-now? If anything I'd say the NHL favors the Rangers as an original six team from the largest market in the league.

Yes, Sidney and Penguins are the golden child of the league, this is an irrefutable fact*, but the Rangers, Leafs, and Wings are not far behind in being loved by the league. I feel sorry for the red-headed-step-children teams in smaller markets that the league hates.

Rangers always get called for phantom penalties against any one of Philly, Pittsburgh, Washington and pretty much any Western Conference team. Just look at the screwjob that almost was at the Winter Classic. Could the officials have tried any harder to have the Flyers win? Same thing in the playoffs last year against the Caps, bad call after bad call against us. I can imagine more of the same after we get through Ottawa.

Every team gets called for weak calls against. Thinking that the NHL goes out of its way to penalize teams more often is nothing short of ridiculous.

And this is coming from a fan of the a team who got penalized the most this past regular season.

Do some players get called for more than others? Absolutely, some have a target on their back. The whole team? Absolutely not.

To: All

Re: Flyers v. Penguins game 1

Subject: SUCK IT.

You Flyers fans.... Now I guess we can schedule the Stanley Cup parade in Philly after you won ONE game in a SEVEN game series. :lol:

Yeah I would agree with Detroit. They ALWAYS get calls their way and have the referees on their side. It almost seems like its unfair! (Which it is! :P ) Personally, I think the league favors teams that they can draw ratings like Pitt, Detroit, Washington, NY, Toronto, etc.

There's NO excuse for losing a 3 goal lead AT HOME in the PLAYOFFS under ANY circumstances. :noway:

Well aware of that. I was just asking the jersey hoarding masses if they agreed that officiating as a whole has been garbage.

To address the Pens specifically; STOP PUCK CHASING! It's the '08 Finals all over again.

And boom goes the dynamite.

PS, I put it in hot stove because I forgot this section existed hahaha.

Terrible puck management got them again. Trying to make the fancy play instead of getting the puck down low. The Flyers know how much they rely on distributing the puck from the point on the PP, just look how many times Mike Richards picked off point to point passes and scored shorties in past years. They telegraph the hell out of it, and then they're shocked when it burns them.

They desperately need Niskanen back on the second unit, because just like the 5 forward PP unit of the early 2000's, there's really no replacement for 2 D-men back when you give the puck away. Steve Sullivan is not a D-man or even a top flight defensive forward. They lean so heavily on Letang for defense just look at what they looked like when he was in the box, totally out of sorts.

I almost wish they would've sat Crosby for the rest of the year, because his return coincides perfectly with when they quit playing D. They wanna play 92-93 Penguins video game style hockey. Will not work.