Flyers v. Penguins

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Torres leaped into Hossa, that's charging unless you wear a Penguins jersey then in which case you get a 1 game slap on the wrist for multiple attempts at head hunting for a repeat offender like Neal.

The Backstrom thing wasn't even bad compared to what Weber got away with. It would be poetic justice if someone turns Bergeron into a Savard-level vegetable for the crap the Bruins have been pulling and getting away with.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres leaped into Hossa, that's charging unless you wear a Penguins jersey then in which case you get a 1 game slap on the wrist for multiple attempts at head hunting for a repeat offender like Neal.

The Backstrom thing wasn't even bad compared to what Weber got away with. It would be poetic justice if someone turns Bergeron into a Savard-level vegetable for the crap the Bruins have been pulling and getting away with.

Neal got nothing for his hit on Couturier. The 1 game came from the Giroux incident.

Shanny: "We are willing to accept Neal's assertion on this play, that he jumped to brace himself....the Giroux hit is not acceptable".

If Neal did not hit Giroux, he wouldn't have gotten anything for the Couturier hit.

Pathetic. Neal got off by being a superstar.

And anyone that thinks that Torres hit was clean is on crack. Neal's was dirtier though, it was 2 seconds after he released the puck and leaped like 2'.

Neal got nothing for his hit on Couturier. The 1 game came from the Giroux incident.

Shanny: "We are willing to accept Neal's assertion on this play, that he jumped to brace himself....the Giroux hit is not acceptable".

If Neal did not hit Giroux, he wouldn't have gotten anything for the Couturier hit.

Translation: "We are willing to accept that he is a popular player on a team we are mandated to favor, that we will accept complete bulls*** to keep certain owners happy."

I was expecting 5 for Neal and 10 for Asham. Have you guys noticed there's been a suspension-worthy hit in almost every playoff game so far? They gotta start throwing the book at these guys or something really bad is gonna happen. The league is quickly turning into little more than a barfight on ice.

Oh you mean Neal? superstar??

How many ginos does Neal have? He is a joy to watch and I wish he were an Islander. I cannot believe the Pens' robbery in that trade

How many ginos does Neal have? He is a joy to watch and I wish he were an Islander. I cannot believe the Pens' robbery in that trade

They got Niskanen too...unbelievably solid D this year from what I thought was a throw-in. Still, Gogo's been doing very well in Dallas too so maybe everybody wins.

Wow both goalies are made of Swiss cheese. Who cares if your team can score so many goals, you're not going to win the Stanley Cup with these types of goaltenders. Mind as well finish up the series with empty nets.

Wow both goalies are made of Swiss cheese. Who cares if your team can score so many goals, you're not going to win the Stanley Cup with these types of goaltenders. Mind as well finish up the series with empty nets.

It's a terrible series for the goalies. I fear if the Flyers lose Friday they're in serious trouble. Bryz set the tone for the team in the 1st period as he looked really shaky. God, I hope he stays away from the reporters after this mess as he may never recover mentally.

I really feel awful for the people who paid insane amounts of money to see this joke.

i hear you there.

This series makes my head hurt.

*Defense/goaltending optional

It's about to get even better for Philly now that Grossmann is out with an apparent concussion.

Wow that hit by Malkin is questionable. Doubt he'll get anything for it though. First time I watched it, I thought he was leaping to get around both players, but watching it again it seems clear he threw a hit on his way by, connecting with the head.

Anyway, what an entertaining series so far. I can honestly say I've enjoyed the Flyers/Pens series more than the Rangers/Sens probably because I don't have a dog in the fight. As stated above, this is a great circus.

It's about to get even better for Philly now that Grossmann is out with an apparent concussion.

Yes, it's not a good situation

For the record.

TV ratings are SKYROCKETING!

malkin-drills-crosby-o.gif

Even Malkin knows Crosby is an embarrassment to the Penguins and the league. Knock him into retirement Geno! :thumbsup:

My loathing of Crosby aside, I really hoped the Pens would push it to a game 7. After the amazing run they had at the end of the regular season, I'm sorry to see Pittsburgh out in the first round.