We need Reebok Wordmark patches

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Apparently the Flyers used these yesterday, at least on Giroux's, and I'm working on a good picture (thanks to Hollywood Cannot (...?) for the tip-off). With the likelihood that next year will see the return of the Indo-edge, we need to figure out how the hell to make some accurate jerseys. How do we find these, make these up...do we have ANY chance of replicating this?

Thanks to HC:

s1py01.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea it was so prevalent. If I could just get these patches I'd be set, since I can get the Vector model easily.

Who is Hollywood Couturier? B)

Oh crap, my b haha. Did'n't realize you changed your name on here. At least I tried to credit you haha.

Thse would be easy to do at an embroidery shop or a shop that has an embroidery machine and does logos or sews names on uniform garments. I can think of a couple of places in El Salvador that could do it so there must be plenty in the US of A. The trick is on what material does the wordmark get embroidered. Is that twill, or airknit?

Apparently the Flyers used these yesterday, at least on Giroux's, and I'm working on a good picture (thanks to Hollywood Cannot (...?) for the tip-off). With the likelihood that next year will see the return of the Indo-edge, we need to figure out how the hell to make some accurate jerseys. How do we find these, make these up...do we have ANY chance of replicating this?

Thanks to HC:

s1py01.jpg

Maybe get an IndoEdge on the cheap and cut out the wordmark area and fashion a patch from it? Maybe marshalls or TJmaxx will be selling indos or Premiers at a low price?

As some of you know, I tried to remove the Vector off a 2.0 and partially ruined the jersey. That being said, I would get an airknit plate and just cover it up à la Pavel Datsyuk Red Wings cover up.

I think the majority of us need wordmarks for the royal jerseys.

I am trying to make my own wordmark patch through heat transfers, but I lack the Photoshop skills to do so (I have the twill)

I had no idea it was so prevalent. If I could just get these patches I'd be set, since I can get the Vector model easily.

They are prevalent because the Flyers had so many promotional sets in the orange jerseys this year. They musy have had to dip into the old stock at MeiGray. There were multiple sets in the Howe game, the McCrimmon charity game vs. Detroit, and the shirts off our backs a few weeks ago. No doubt the orange jersey 2.0 supply was depleated. I am sure Jagr had the patch sewn over the vector yesterday which is effed up. They should have used all of the 11-12 2.0's for the regular sets and used the hand me down patched up old ones for the promo games. Crap, I forgot to answer the question at hand. Needless to say, MeiGray is hiding all of these wordmark patches like the holy grail and the public will probably never see them.

Jeremy, I want the plate, not trying to screw with replacement.

Rob, I totally agree. You say Meigray has these plates, do we know that for sure? It'd be worth asking about making them available.

SteezyB, I have no knowledge of a new patch, do you have reason to believe it's not a covered Vector?

John, I do not think they will be making them available bud. The patches are the reason why the 2.0's with the vector never hit the clearance section on their website. Too much $ to be made also it may be a legal thing but you would be the one to put them at ease with that right?

Thse would be easy to do at an embroidery shop or a shop that has an embroidery machine and does logos or sews names on uniform garments. I can think of a couple of places in El Salvador that could do it so there must be plenty in the US of A. The trick is on what material does the wordmark get embroidered. Is that twill, or airknit?

that might not be as easy as it sounds. Back in the day I wanted just a simple black hat with the Miami Dolphins logo on the front. I found a jersey patch that would work perfectly and got a black hat and just needed someone to stitch it on. All of the shops I went to wouldn't touch it due to copyright stuff. I think many places would be hesitant to recreate Reebok (even if it is wording) due to not wanting to get in trouble for recrating a copyrighted logo.

Jeremy, the plate I believe is twill. My WC from this year is twill, albeit a smaller plate.

Regarding copyright, that's a good point I haven't thought of, but I look at it this way: don't resell it, and you're within the company logo wise. It's not like you're re-creating it, I think if you get a legit patch you can easily get it put on top of the vector. You're not denying Reebok of their copyright.

Jeremy, the plate I believe is twill. My WC from this year is twill, albeit a smaller plate.

Regarding copyright, that's a good point I haven't thought of, but I look at it this way: don't resell it, and you're within the company logo wise. It's not like you're re-creating it, I think if you get a legit patch you can easily get it put on top of the vector. You're not denying Reebok of their copyright.

You all realize that the vector authentics available at retail are 7187 (Edge 1.0)? Even if you go to all the trouble of creating a "bok-aid" to cover the vector with the wordmark, the sleeve material on your 7817 Edge 1.0 retail jersey will not match the airknit "wizard" sleeves on the gamer 2.0s? Just a heads up guys.

oh no denying that, but I am saying that if you went to a shop with like a picture of the above and said, "can you recreate this for me" shops would say no way. saying you want one thing sewn onto another is a different story that you will more than likely have success with.

With my hat, I think I got turned down more because it was coming off as someone recreating an already existing product with a liscensed image, etc.

oh no denying that, but I am saying that if you went to a shop with like a picture of the above and said, "can you recreate this for me" shops would say no way. saying you want one thing sewn onto another is a different story that you will more than likely have success with.

With my hat, I think I got turned down more because it was coming off as someone recreating an already existing product with a liscensed image, etc.

Yea I believe you're right, that right there is the difference that matters. That's where I think it's different to this when juxtaposed.

The wordmark patch is on twill. However, when they put the patch over the vector, they sew the twill wordmark patch onto an airknit plate and then sew the airknit plate over the vector. Sorry for any confusion. LAWYERED! :thumbsup:

The wordmark patch is on twill. However, when they put the patch over the vector, they sew the twill wordmark patch onto an airknit plate and then sew the airknit plate over the vector. Sorry for any confusion. LAWYERED! :thumbsup:

Interesting, didn't know that. You have pics of this?

Oh wow, that is really cool! Those patches look no different than what's on the retail replicas jerseys, just going to have to wait for a sale I guess.