Nameplates Needed

chow_hound

I'm looking for a red and white ultrafil name plate for a Blackhawks jersey if anyone has one for sale

Thanks!

Edited by uptown

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry if im noobing too hard here, but if im sending ultrafil jerseys for customization to a reputable customizer (eps or custom crafted), can i assume that they will use suitable nameplate material or will they not have ultrafil material in stock?

Sorry if im noobing too hard here, but if im sending ultrafil jerseys for customization to a reputable customizer (eps or custom crafted), can i assume that they will use suitable nameplate material or will they not have ultrafil material in stock?

I would ask the company.

EPS can actually dye blank material to match your jersey, but ya, asking beforehand is always a good idea. Never assume anything.

Anyone here have any purple air-knit?

EPS can actually dye blank material to match your jersey, but ya, asking beforehand is always a good idea.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not sure how often EPS actually does this, even though I know they can. On a few occasions when I sent in some unusually colored jerseys, I asked for a sublimated plate, but what I got back was something that didn't exactly match in shade. Not that big a deal, but I know they didn't sublimate it.

For sublimating ultrafil, they would still have to start with white ultrafil, and I'm not sure if they have any original CCM white ultrafil left. I remember getting back white ultrafil a few years back, but more recently I sent in the same jersey style, specifically asked for white ultrafil, and got back something else. As others have said, I would definitely ask if it's important to you.

Edited by LAK74

I forgot to ask what I originally wanted to ask- has anyone ever requested a sublimated nameplate from EPS and know for sure that you got one? Just curious.

EPS can actually dye blank material to match your jersey, but ya, asking beforehand is always a good idea. Never assume anything.

When sublimating, it not only may not be a perfect match with your jersey, however, even from job to job when done at separate times.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not sure how often EPS actually does this, even though I know they can. On a few occasions when I sent in some unusually colored jerseys, I asked for a sublimated plate, but what I got back was something that didn't exactly match in shade. Not that big a deal, but I know they didn't sublimate it.

For sublimating ultrafil, they would still have to start with white ultrafil, and I'm not sure if they have any original CCM white ultrafil left. I remember getting back white ultrafil a few years back, but more recently I sent in the same jersey style, specifically asked for white ultrafil, and got back something else. As others have said, I would definitely ask if it's important to you.

The way you can tell a sublimated part is that the backside will be "white".

Unfortunately, sublimation is not an exact process, in many ways. For example, the sublimation that EPS will do won't match what we will do 100%. The many reasons for this may include temperature sublimated at, pressure used, dwell time, temperature and humidity of the space where sublimation transfer is taking place, temperature and humidity of the space where sublimation printing is taking place, just to name a few.

So, in your case, where you say "I sent in some unusually colored jerseys", it may not have been EPS as much as it was CCM/Reebok. I can tell you for a fact that we've found that CCM/Reebok manufactures product in colors that are close and not exact as the color call out from the league/team.

Anyhow, we can discuss sublimation in greater detail if you wish, however, just know that YMMV with sublimated plates.

this hobby is getting too hard lol. Lets say i have an ultrafil jersey that I would be willing to sacrifice to the nameplate gods...all name plates aren't the same dimensions correct? Or Is it based on the number of characters? Do you guys use a paper trimmer to cut the nameplate?

The last couple pages have been real interesting to read, thank you.

I've seen plates be cut with scissors. You could use a razor if you have a good place to cut it. If you've got a paper trimmer that you trust on a jersey, then yes. Anything sharp with a steady hand should get the job done. Also, PM sent if you need a shirt to cut up.

I think I'm expecting to have a bit of extra black ultrafill around soon if anyone is in need.

###### this hobby is getting too hard lol. Lets say i have an ultrafil jersey that I would be willing to sacrifice to the nameplate gods...all name plates aren't the same dimensions correct? Or Is it based on the number of characters? Do you guys use a paper trimmer to cut the nameplate?

The last couple pages have been real interesting to read, thank you.

We use a Fiskars 60mm Classic Stick Rotary Cutter (watch your fingers) and a straight edge with a high guard on it in case the cutter jumps the edge (unfortunately, it's happened).

You can pick one up from Walmart, Joann's, amongst others...

Edited by JunkyardAthletic

I have a Team Sweden Nike jersey I need a nameplate for. 1998 era. Can anyone help out? Looking to make this a Peter Forsberg.

th_TeamSwedenNaganoGINiketag.jpg

th_TeamSwedenNaganoGIback.jpg

I don't know what Nike's fabric from then was called so I'll just call it Nike-fil until I learn the more official term.

Any help would be appreciated!

Looking for a nameplate for a Home Blue NY Rangers St. Louis kit.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a nameplate for a Home Blue NY Rangers St. Louis kit.

Still in need of this........

• 2 weeks later...

The baron is the only seller who seems to have a regular stock of edge nameplates but I don't think he has the wild green

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need some white air knit to do a curved 2001 avalanche Sakic nameplate. I'm sending the jersey to Denver athletic but I don't think they carry that material anymore

Edited by iceman91