Nameplates Needed

chow_hound

On my last request, how much of a sin is it if I add a nameplate to a gamer that had the original plate removed? I am on the verge of landing two grails but the team stripped the nameplates.

Would you do it?

Go for it, but be forthcoming about it if you ever sell them as being worn by a specific player.

This is still a small and vindictive community of collectors. You want your name to carry weight when you make future deals or requests for a jersey that's hiding away in a closet and never published for sale/trade. Reputation in this hobby can make it very worthwhile for so many reasons or it can kill the fun all together and bring lots of headaches from people with resources to make your life miserable if they feel slighted by a deal.

Just a friendly public service announcement.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Dr_Puck

Thanks for the tip. Certainly all jerseys have their price but I'm not likely to ever sell these two. On the off chance that I did, I would be up front about the nameplate switch. I wouldn't want to mislead anyone.... Of course I haven't even received the jerseys yet. I keep refreshing my email for a tracking number this morning.

Any thoughts on finding that style of plate? A fairly generic font... I may call around to the local shops that do gear for high schools.

The Dr. Is a good dude, I've no doubt if he were re-selling the jerseys, he'd have the fact that he added the nameplates in his ad.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for a Purple Ultrafil nameplate for a Ducks jersey

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221812901460&globalID=EBAY-US

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw Baron has straight plates. I need arched. Last time I asked about them he said the ones he has are the wrong color blue for NYR, besides being straight.

Also, being a Vector not Wordmark jersey, I need edge plate to be correct. Rangers didn't use air-knit plates in their 85th season.

Thanks for taking the time to give a heads-up thought. :)

edit: confirmed at 1:30pm 8/31/15. JB says he cannot get them.

Edited by Richter9377

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reebok 6100 would be, air knit? Does anyone have a Minnesota Wild green nameplate if that is what I need?

ETA: What is sublimated? Did teams actually use it? What is the benefit?

Edited by LessThanZero

Does anyone have a Minnesota Wild green nameplate if that is what I need?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321902775140

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252127024396

Edited by LAK74

Get the one from Pauls_Boutique.

The other one is cut from a replica as per email with the seller. The one Pauls_Boutique is selling is surged on top and bottom, and has a lighter material on the flip side. I believe it to be an orginal team name plate.

I went with the PB one for my Boogy jersey and it was perfect. Also, the material is not quite the same Airknit as the jersey, the wholes are a bit different, but looking at Wild gamers they were the same way for the 06/07 season at least.

3_zpsu3ie3kkd.jpg

Edited by Richter9377

• 4 weeks later...

Get the one from Pauls_Boutique.

The other one is cut from a replica as per email with the seller. The one Pauls_Boutique is selling is surged on top and bottom, and has a lighter material on the flip side. I believe it to be an orginal team name plate.

I went with the PB one for my Boogy jersey and it was perfect. Also, the material is not quite the same Airknit as the jersey, the wholes are a bit different, but looking at Wild gamers they were the same way for the 06/07 season at least.

Perfect thank you.

Now, does anyone know where I can get an air knit St. Louis Blues blue nameplate? I need one for a 99-00 jersey.

• 4 weeks later...

Why not just get the whole kit from cutting edge instead of getting the letters and numbers from two different places and having both probably be wrong?

I sent a message to Cutting Edge for the kit.

Might want to give them a call on the phone. They're not the best at answering emails

• 1 month later...

Looking for a short Navy Blue Edge Nameplate. I actually had one, but gave it away thinking I wouldn't need it - sure enough, now I do. Can be really short - only 4 letters if anyone has a scrap piece around.

Also - I have a red air knit name plate laying around if anyone needs it.