Jump to content
chow_hound

Nameplates Needed

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

I am almost certain the white jerseys the pens wore in the 16 finals used Edge nameplates. 

Judging solely by a few game photos, I am inclined to think that you are correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Judging solely by a few game photos, I am inclined to think that you are correct.

Tough to see but that's definitely an edge plate.

goaltender-matt-murray-of-the-pittsburgh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so when I order it from JB I'll have him send it with the Edge plate.

Speaking of which, for some unrelated jerseys, does anyone have two Edge plates and/or one airknit plate in white?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also need a black airknit plate if anyone has one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for a White Starter "Star-Knit" Nameplate.  Doesn't have to be long, I can make a four letter name work if need be.  Hoping someone has some out there.  

BTW, I have some yellow air-knit material if anyone needs it.  I am not sure what it could be used for, but if anyone is looking to do on of the Sunday throwback Penguins jerseys, or something along those lines, I could hook you up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2018 at 0:44 PM, TheKevinShow said:

I also need a black airknit plate if anyone has one.

black airknit you say.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/152844912973?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Those don’t look like Air-Knit. Looks more like Stretch Mesh? Hard to tell from pics though. That pic looks familiar. Someone on the board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nvm.

Edited by LAK74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Those don’t look like Air-Knit. Looks more like Stretch Mesh? Hard to tell from pics though. That pic looks familiar. Someone on the board?

Yeah, they're mine. I cut them from a TI Dallas Stars jersey. They're EDGE air knit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Yeah, they're mine. I cut them from a TI Dallas Stars jersey. They're EDGE air knit

Thought I recognized them.  Just FYI, the material itself is not "Air-Knit".  It is Stretch Mesh, the stuff on the backs of the Edge jerseys.  Air-Knit is the material on the front of the jersey with the diagonal holes.  Just don't want you to have an eBay dispute on your hands if someone thinks they're buying CCM/Reebok air-knit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Thought I recognized them.  Just FYI, the material itself is not "Air-Knit".  It is Stretch Mesh, the stuff on the backs of the Edge jerseys.  Air-Knit is the material on the front of the jersey with the diagonal holes.  Just don't want you to have an eBay dispute on your hands if someone thinks they're buying CCM/Reebok air-knit.

Isn't that the same stuff the Edge nameplates are made of?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

Isn't that the same stuff the Edge nameplates are made of?

Yes.  EDGE material or Stretch Mesh.  Not Air-Knit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a pic I had laying around.  The material on top (where the Reebok wordmark is) is Air-Knit.  The stuff on the bottom below the seam is Stretch Mesh (or EDGE material).  So, which do you need @TheKevinShow?
 

Air-Knit vs Stretch Mesh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Here's a pic I had laying around.  The material on top (where the Reebok wordmark is) is Air-Knit.  The stuff on the bottom below the seam is Stretch Mesh (or EDGE material).  So, which do you need @TheKevinShow?
 

Air-Knit vs Stretch Mesh

 

That picture says everything I was going to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need airknit in black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then I don't think that what mdwsta4 has is what you want.  You want the old Air-Knit that is harder to find.  I'd bet that EPS has it if you're going to be sending it there anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Then I don't think that what mdwsta4 has is what you want.  You want the old Air-Knit that is harder to find.  I'd bet that EPS has it if you're going to be sending it there anyway?

Nope, this is for a Koho Coyotes authentic that'll be going to Artcraft. Given the fact that the rep I spoke to was insistent that they've never done the Coyotes jerseys with nameplates (despite photographic evidence to the contrary) I'd like to provide a nameplate to ensure things go off without a hitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Thought I recognized them.  Just FYI, the material itself is not "Air-Knit".  It is Stretch Mesh, the stuff on the backs of the Edge jerseys.  Air-Knit is the material on the front of the jersey with the diagonal holes.  Just don't want you to have an eBay dispute on your hands if someone thinks they're buying CCM/Reebok air-knit.

Mdwsta4’s nameplates are indeed airknit, not mesh.  I think he just wanted to say they were airknit from an Edge jersey, not that they were Edge mesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Mdwsta4’s nameplates are indeed airknit, not mesh.  I think he just wanted to say they were airknit from an Edge jersey, not that they were Edge mesh.

Now I’m totally confused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at the pics in his For Sale thread here; the sharpness is better, and the plates are clearly airknit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Look at the pics in his For Sale thread here; the sharpness is better, and the plates are clearly airknit.

Now I see it.  Yes, definitely Air-Knit.  Was hard to tell from the pics in the eBay auction but in his for sale thread you can see better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Mdwsta4’s nameplates are indeed airknit, not mesh.  I think he just wanted to say they were airknit from an Edge jersey, not that they were Edge mesh.

Isn't there a difference between Reebok airknit and CCM/Koho airknit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Isn't there a difference between Reebok airknit and CCM/Koho airknit?

Huh, not that I've ever noticed. I have thirty year old jerseys that have the same material that they use today, to my eye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little late to the game, but they are EDGE air knit. They were cut from the FRONT of a Stars jersey which is air knit, not mesh material. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2018 at 9:34 AM, spudrock512 said:

Looking for a White Starter "Star-Knit" Nameplate.  Doesn't have to be long, I can make a four letter name work if need be.  Hoping someone has some out there.  

BTW, I have some yellow air-knit material if anyone needs it.  I am not sure what it could be used for, but if anyone is looking to do on of the Sunday throwback Penguins jerseys, or something along those lines, I could hook you up.

Still looking for some White "Star-Knit" Nameplate.  I know these are tough to find, but I am hoping someone has something floating around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×