Nameplates Needed

chow_hound

Love it when collectors help each other out!

Cudos.

edit - you should cut it up just to save on shipping, and maybe some other collectors here can use some of the rest? Just a thought....

That's not a bad idea, but I'd hate to cut it up, send a piece, and then it turns out that its not exactly what he'd need for some reason. Every jersey has feelings, even men's league jerseys!

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey man, that's freakin awesome, I can't thank you enough. I was scouring eBay all night. just pm me how much you need and where to send the PayPal.

... and if anyone else needs an eggplant plate just let me know and I'll send it on when I'm done.

Hey man, that's freakin awesome, I can't thank you enough. I was scouring eBay all night. just pm me how much you need and where to send the PayPal.

... and if anyone else needs an eggplant plate just let me know and I'll send it on when I'm done.

PM me your address and info. I'll let you know when I get home from work.

Devils red, red red. And I think the difference in color between the Devils, Habs, Caps, and Hawks is negligible. But I digress. Red ultrafil for Devils ultrafil, but I'm not picky ;)

I have one that I was going to use for 2000 world all star jersey I got it from this board

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, first-time poster and huge Avs fan here. I recently purchased a game-used Karlis Skrastins 1998 Nashville Predators preseason jersey (may have also been used in the regular season, which for Skratch lasted two games). It has the Velcro, but no nameplate. Any idea where I can find the proper jersey material to recreate a nameplate (or, better yet, someone who sells them)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

Hi, first-time poster and huge Avs fan here. I recently purchased a game-used Karlis Skrastins 1998 Nashville Predators preseason jersey (may have also been used in the regular season, which for Skratch lasted two games). It has the Velcro, but no nameplate. Any idea where I can find the proper jersey material to recreate a nameplate (or, better yet, someone who sells them)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

The velcro nameplates were only used in the preseason ... none saw regular season use. Meigray has a Daigneault with the plate attached for a photo reference. EDIT: The originals were done by Custom Crafted, they might be able to do a nameplate with the velcro backing.

Is there any use evident on that jersey? Seeing a few preseason 98 Preds shirts when confirmed game worns of the same player and set are out there has me wondering if they are in fact used, or just prepped extras that never got worn.

Edited by BPerkins

I've seen some posts from others claiming some regular season jerseys also had the Velcro, even though it was allegedly a preseason-only thing, so part of me was kind of hoping that was the case with this jersey. Skrastins only played in two regular season games that year.

I'm not entirely sure about signs of wear, since the jersey hasn't yet arrived. I'll take a look when it does. It would be disappointing to find out it wasn't actually used in a game, since that would be contrary to what the seller claimed.

Thanks for the suggestion for Custom Crafted. Do you or anyone else have any experience with them?

If my question about wear was answered by the seller, I might own that one right now to go with my 2000-01 Karlis road blue. :D

I've checked one out a few years ago but haven't bought one yet. The nameplate, from what I remember, looked like a regular nameplate with a velcro backing. I'm not sure if a replica Bauer would match well enough for nameplate material ... but if it would there are several dark Bauer replicas on ebay right now for under $40. I know that Detroit Hockey Co handled some of the game worn preseaons from that year and had LOAs for them.

Skrastins' two games were both in Feb ... doubtful that a preseason jersey would survive that late.

The velcro nameplates were only used in the preseason ... none saw regular season use. Meigray has a Daigneault with the plate attached for a photo reference. EDIT: The originals were done by Custom Crafted, they might be able to do a nameplate with the velcro backing.

Is there any use evident on that jersey? Seeing a few preseason 98 Preds shirts when confirmed game worns of the same player and set are out there has me wondering if they are in fact used, or just prepped extras that never got worn.

CUstom Crafted? Are you sure? I have a few pics of gw Kjellberg that has kiss cut numbers and the stitching doesn't look like their work. The nameplate was sewn with a small z-stitch but CC goes big and wide. And I don't thing they had the equipment to make kiss cut lettering. Everything was handcut. Maybe I've just never seen a CC stamp on a Preds jersey before.

Skrastins' two games were both in Feb ... doubtful that a preseason jersey would survive that late.

I know it's highly, highly unlikely, but a guy can hope.

CUstom Crafted? Are you sure? I have a few pics of gw Kjellberg that has kiss cut numbers and the stitching doesn't look like their work. The nameplate was sewn with a small z-stitch but CC goes big and wide. And I don't thing they had the equipment to make kiss cut lettering. Everything was handcut. Maybe I've just never seen a CC stamp on a Preds jersey before.

A few of my Preds gamers have CC marking inside including my 99-00 G. Johnson ... and xahlgoalie acquired several preseason 98 Preds jerseys when they auctioned off the inventory.

I actually got Skrastins preseason gamer earlier. Im not sure what the other one was that was a goalie cut. He did wear #40 but I cant figure out why there would be 2 #40 gamers and one be a goalie cut and one not.

A few of my Preds gamers have CC marking inside including my 99-00 G. Johnson ... and xahlgoalie acquired several preseason 98 Preds jerseys when they auctioned off the inventory.

I'll contact them on Monday and let you know. Any other possible sources out there, other than cannibalizing another jersey?

Also, let me know if you ever want to give that Skrastins jersey a new home.

I actually got Skrastins preseason gamer earlier. Im not sure what the other one was that was a goalie cut. He did wear #40 but I cant figure out why there would be 2 #40 gamers and one be a goalie cut and one not.

That is just one of my many questions about the jerseys that were recently listed as preseason "game worn" shirts. A couple were sized differently than other supposed preseason gamers out there ... why are there multiple home and road "worn" jerseys of the same player from preseason of a then first year team that velcroed names onto the shirts and was notorious about saving money ... if these were truly worn rather than just prepped, why weren't they sold through Detroit Hockey Co like the others ...