Summer shakeups

I've got a feeling this summer is going to see some big changes happen among the NHL teams. With the early playoff exits of top teams (Pittsburg, Vancouver, San Jose, Detroit) I think some of these teams will be looking to really rock the boat this summer.

I think Louongo may have played his last game in Vancouver.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sharks trade away a few more big name players, (Joe Thorton anyone)?

Rumors are swirling around Detroit that Babcock may not be back next season, along with a handfull of older players.

Fans in Montreal and Toronto are demaning changes to their teams.

Will Iggy leave Calgary for a team with a better chance of winning the Cup?

Of course none of this matters if the CBA doesn't happen and there is another strike.

What does everyone else think?

-i don't see nay major shake ups in san jose, despite them not winning the cup they have made the playoffs 8 straight times and the fan base really likes the type of hockey they are playing. I could however see a guy like Marleau being traded he has been criticized about not being a vocal leader.

-I think Jordan stall will be shopped around for a big time defence man because the penguins were exposed on defence by philly and the need for 3 #1 centres is just not there

-Luongo will be traded i could see a few teams interested maybe even a team like the Penguins........

-i agree Major changes for the red wings are coming i think they realize Lidstrom is done and there is not much in terms of young talent look for a major trade there, hopefully babcock leaves and come to montreal( not gonna happen)

-i can't see toronto doing much they are pretty strapped with the $$$$ and that roster is not exactly filled with names that teams want......... The Habs will buy out Gomez and i would uses liklye buy out Kaberle as well we will have to wait who the new gm will be and then coach should be an interesting summer in Montreal.

-Iggy won't be traded because i doubt they could get fair market value for an aging superstar, looks like if he gets dealt it will be a t the trade deadline.

Iginla has a 7 million dollar cap hit and a no movement clause, so I can't see too many teams interested UNLESS the salary cap goes up again, which it almost has to. I think he could get dealt for a couple solid prospects and a draft choice, but only to a team with a serious shot at winning a cup.

Luongo is most likely done in Vancouver, there really isn't a need to pay a guy as much as he's making to sit on the bench as a backup. The Devils and Islanders are both in serious need of a goalie, and the Islanders definitely have the prospects to get it done. I hate to say it, but if the Islanders get a goalie like Luongo (didn't they have him once?) with their crop of prospects, they're going to create problems for the rest of the division.

That said, I think if the Rangers get bounced tonight there needs to be some kind of shakeup. There's no way a #1 seed, especially a team that ran away with the division until the last 3 weeks of the regular season should be knocked out by a team that has no business being the playoffs. Ottawa isn't that good, but we have absolutely no scoring. Gaborik hasn't done s***, Richards hasn't done s***, Dubinsky hasn't done s*** and I was completely against trading him at the deadline but honestly, if we can get someone worth having (NOT Nash) then I'd be all for it after the season.

People in T.O. are saying Lou is comming to the Leafs.

Fitting.

re: Dropkick

Subject: Luongo: Been there done that. At least we won't have to worry about him choking in the playoffs (since we don't make it!)!

If Babcock/Vigneault get fired, Snow better call one of them. Hell, I'd be happy with Ron Wilson. Wang said both Snow and Crapuano will be back next season, but I would love if we got a respectable coach. That is one of the biggest issues I have with the team now--Crapuano is a baffoon and I wouldn't trust him to coach a Canadian Junior team!

I agree Luongo played his last game in Vancouver

Pittsburgh will sign Suter

SJ will remain the same

Iginla will be dealt at the deadline (if Calgary is out of the playoff picture)

I'm not saying the Pens should fire Bylsma, but if the route they take is a shakeup with the coaching staff, I hope it is only because they are bringing in Babcock.

The main problem is nowhere near the coaches. The problems wear #4, and #7. They were decent the first half of last year then Martin absolutely imploded early last March and still hasn't recovered. He had a physical partner in NJ to insulate his marshmallow factor. Both of them massively overuse the "slide play" and refuse to get physical. I understand that isn't everyone's style, but it's pretty much implied when you play the defense position. They just don't suit the Penguins' system. They split apart the Orpik-Letang pairing for the purpose of babysitting those two. Niskanen/Engelland were solid for most of the year, and after he came back from the broken wrist Lovejoy was leaps and bounds ahead of Martin.

Outside of the D situation, you have Kunitx playing with no discipline whatsoever and Malkin right with him most of the time. I'd rather see Malkin go than Staal, he's been the most consistent Penguin since he entered the league. I don't see that happening though. Somethin has to happen as wasting $9M a year on Martin/Michalek and Crosby/Staal being UFA next year with Malkin, Letang, and Orpik UFA the next year.