Jersey Sighting Frequency

jjjoejr

How often do you see someone wearing a jersey where you live? And I'm just talking about a simple hockey jersey, it can just be a replica (or even a terrible looking fake)? And I'm also not talking about at games or at sports bars but on the streets, at school, in the mall...

Being in Toronto, I rarely see people in Leafs jerseys these days as we haven't made the playoffs since 2004. No surprise that there isn't too much pride. I do occasionally see someone in a Habs jersey, or a Flyers jersey though.

I never see people wearing jerseys. If I were to go to bars more often to watch hockey, then I'm sure I'd see it, but I always watch games at home or with friends at someone's house. We'd occasionally wear our Leafs jerseys in the rare moments of being proud of the team, but that's always fleeting.

In 2009 and 2010 there were Toews and Kane t-shirts EVERYWHERE. But recently I saw a man with a Toews jersey at the gas station. I see more Bulls jerseys than anything though. But not too often hockey ones.

How did I forget. Every winter when I go ice skating on the canal there's always guys in their Hawks jerseys playing pick up games. But this past February was the first time I saw someone in Penguins jersey.

When I'm at school I see a handful of tools wearing fakes, and then during the playoffs all the fair-weather fans come out. I don't wear my jerseys to school unless I'm going to a game after class, but I think I'm gonna have to wear one when this Ranger game ends, win or lose. I did see a guy in an authentic, albeit inaccurately customized CCM Rangers Gretzky jersey the other day.

I go to a Hofstra University on LI and always see Bruins/Capitals/rangers/Islanders jerseys/ts, (usually legit replicas). Just this past week I saw legit Callahan/Stepan WC replicas (one belonged to a friend though), a guy wearing a black Isles third replica (wasnt me lol), an Ovie replica w/A, and a couple of girls wearing Caps sweatshirts and Bruins tees

Aside from my co-worker's Sakic jersey, where I live you don't see many hockey jersey fans or jerseys being worn. I am from around the middle of California and it's usually just me that wears hockey jerseys except for two bandwagon Pens fans I saw at school one day around one year after the lockout was over. Which was weird because they were both wearing Crosby team color jerseys, walking very close to each other. Personally I like being one of very few that wear hockey jerseys around where I live because I get strange looks from people. I even had my little brother's friends thinking I was part Canadian. :lol:

Very rarely do I see someone other than me or people I know wearing jerseys. Theres a few Hawks fans floating around, a random Blues here and there and the odd Pens jersey. And I've heard rumors of a second Leafs fan in town, the other being a friend of mine.

I have a mate who has 4 replica jerseys and he would occasionally wear his Devils jersey to work. I think thats the only one i've ever seen in New Zealand.I did have 1 guy yell out "Go Habs!" at me one time when I was wearing my Canucks jersey here :stickhndl:

Being from the east coast of Canada (8+ hour drive to the closest NHL team) I'm surprised how many I see here. Just the other day I saw someone walking down the stream with a Sabres jersey, usually around here you'll see people in Bruins or habs but there are the odd ball people like me. At my office there is a ritual every year for a few guys to hang jerseys from the ceiling for each round their team makes it through in the playoffs and last year it was LA, Detroit and Vancouver hanging around, this year just LA and me wearing the Rangers on casual Fridays

I live in Los Angeles and its 100F out here and if you wear a jersey out into the public then everyone will look at you like you're crazy. Or probably someone will try to rob you.... J/k. I only wear my Kings jerseys to games or bars like Hooters :) I'm mean you'll see bums wearing Lakers jersey but you will never see a hockey jersey on the street or the mall.

Very rarely do I see someone other than me or people I know wearing jerseys. Theres a few Hawks fans floating around, a random Blues here and there and the odd Pens jersey. And I've heard rumors of a second Leafs fan in town, the other being a friend of mine.

How big is your town when there's a rumor going around that there's another leafs fan besides you? :lol:

Living in the hockey hotbed that is Cincinnati* I actually don't see many hockey jerseys. I had a co-worker who wore hockey jerseys to work every day for about a year until he left the company, but they were normally just replica Canes jerseys. I don't even wear jerseys out normally unless I'm going to a game.

* Sarcasm aside Messier did play here in '79 and the Cyclones won 2 Kelly Cups in 3 years

I'm from New York, way up north near the border (2 hours from Ottawa), but I really don't see too many jerseys. I've seen a few Sabres jerseys, I saw a Leafs jersey yesterday. In 2004, Flames jerseys were everywhere because Craig Conroy grew up here and bandwagon fans crawled out of the woodwork to support him and the Flames. I have also seen a lot of fair-weather fans at my university, mostly Rangers jerseys and hats.

I live in downtown Toronto so I see a lot of Leafs, TFC and Blue Jays jerseys on game nights. Other than that, it seems to be mostly visitors who are in town to catch a game who are wearing non-Toronto jerseys. I probably see more people wearing soccer jerseys than anything else.

How big is your town when there's a rumor going around that there's another leafs fan besides you? :lol:

Who me? No, I don't mind the Leafs but I only have one team. Theres a Leafs fan in addition to a good friend of mine although I've never seen the guy. Just hearsay at this point. And this hellhole isn't very big, about 60,000 people.

Around town on a normal, rarely ever. Typically just me. Once the playoffs kicks in I see more, but still a limited amount.

On campus (Temple), you really only see them the beginning of the season and playoffs. The beginning of this year I saw a Pens, Crapitals, and a Rags. I saw a dude wearing a Rags jersey a month or two ago and screamed at him mercilessly lol. There's a girl in one of my classes that is always wearing Bruins something, and I constantly yell at her. My favorite teacher is a closet Leafs fan, and taunts me about the Flyers in the middle of class. In law school, this is frowned upon haha. Also...this one's weird, saw a chick wearing a frickin' Panthers 3rd a few weeks ago...I was in disbelief.

There's another "jersey" guy in my school who has a few nice international jerseys, but he's not that impressive. I own him for sure.

I live in Indiana, so I almost never see any hockey jerseys.

We've had a minor league team here now so it's starting to change a little.

I live in Indiana, so I almost never see any hockey jerseys.

We've had a minor league team here now so it's starting to change a little.

What part of Indiana?

I live in Los Angeles and its 100F out here and if you wear a jersey out into the public then everyone will look at you like you're crazy. Or probably someone will try to rob you.... J/k. I only wear my Kings jerseys to games or bars like Hooters :) I'm mean you'll see bums wearing Lakers jersey but you will never see a hockey jersey on the street or the mall.

had the kings not ditched the silver and black and went purple, i think there would be more jerseys out there.......remember the 90´s ..?

now the kings have gotten rid of the purple and are on their way to the cup finals again.....coincidence...i think not..... :stickhndl:

had the kings not ditched the silver and black and went purple, i think there would be more jerseys out there.......remember the 90´s ..?

now the kings have gotten rid of the purple and are on their way to the cup finals again.....coincidence...i think not..... :stickhndl:

Man I love the 90's jerseys and wow with today's win I hope they keep pushing foreword. Now we have to wait over a week before they start playing again and I hope that does not slow them down. I still feel like these guys are not getting credit for being 8-1 in the playoffs.... Just amazing. I've been a Kings fan ever since we came to the US in the early 90's and if we win the cup I think I'll cry. So till then I'm not going to get over my head because playing against the Preds or the Coyotes will be a tough series :lol: