Jersey Fouls Witnessed

Edge 2pointzero

The guy obviously took a Koho patch off a Liberty and slapped it on the white

Maybe and maybe not. I have seen miss branded Blue Jackets replica jerseys (CCM on a blue jersey and CCM on the original 3rd jerseys) more then once and even seen a white gamer with a Koho patch on it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe and maybe not. I have seen miss branded Blue Jackets replica jerseys (CCM on a blue jersey and CCM on the original 3rd jerseys) more then once and even seen a white gamer with a Koho patch on it.

Well from 2005 to 2007 (after the lockout until the Edge fiasco begain) all 550 replicas were branded CCM; Koho was not used at all. So it's normal to see CCM on any style worn during that time.

As for a white Koho gamer, you got me.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe he wanted to say he got something that nobody else has? Or he wanted to say that his jersey is the only one Koho made?

Just like this guy I know who took the RBK tag out of his Senators authentic and then told me it was a game worn jersey. I don't understand why people do that.

Bragging rights, to some people he looks like a legends. To some, an idiot.

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to post these earlier but did not have time so here you go:

AFE83CA8-3BA4-44D7-926B-7DB4562484C1.JPG

IMG_2678.jpg

took these during the LA Kings Cup rally.

• 2 weeks later...

487121599.jpg

Saw that one in person^ (Googled pic)

and this one came up in results:

ept_sports_nhl_experts-626368746-1294639012.jpg

Lets follow this up with a question:

On a jersey like this, how hard would it be to salvage, you know, with that horrible press on font?

699999.jpg

I have to find my pics of that young lady in her misspelled #99 jersey from Cedar Park during the 11-12 season. The funny thing was that her and her friends tried talking smack ... with her in that shirt.

I'll need to take more pictures when I'm at games at the Verizon Center next season. The whole arena is a jersey foul Mecca. Too many insults to "Crosby" jerseys to count. I've never understood that with Caps fans. Why ruin a perfectly good Caps jersey something dumb like "Puck You" 87 (seriously, I saw some woman with this on her WC Caps jersey). I'm a Caps fan first, but I really admire the other players in the league (especially Malkin and Crosby) and would love to add their jerseys to my collection.

On the way to Canucks vs Kings game 2 I saw matching 'Art Ross' 22 and 33 jerseys. Wish I could've gotten a picture but they moved quite fast. Also saw at least one jersey with the persons own last name and 87 on the back. That should never be done, especially when you're 20 pounds overweight wearing a jersey two sizes too small.

I'll need to take more pictures when I'm at games at the Verizon Center next season. The whole arena is a jersey foul Mecca. Too many insults to "Crosby" jerseys to count. I've never understood that with Caps fans. Why ruin a perfectly good Caps jersey something dumb like "Puck You" 87 (seriously, I saw some woman with this on her WC Caps jersey). I'm a Caps fan first, but I really admire the other players in the league (especially Malkin and Crosby) and would love to add their jerseys to my collection.

I came down for a game, having already seen lots of jersey fouls online from Caps fans, but it really was astonishing. It ALMOST seemed like the majority of jerseys there were customized with something stupid like a nickname or a protest towards Crosby/Pens. It's a very weird phenomenon.

haha I took this one inside the Turtle @ the VC before a game last season

best part about it... its a customized knock off

11tu2ap.jpg

Man, I got to take pictures of the guy that sits right across from me in the next session. He took a perfectly good 90's era CCM White Authentic Hunter jersey that was properly customized. Attached a several pieces of hockey flair (aka hockey pins), then had players and the "Red Rockers" cheerleaders sign directly on the jersey instead of the numbers. It had to be the saddest thing I've ever seen done to a jersey. Every time I see him I have to refrain myself from asking him what the hell he was thinking...

I've seen (more than once) the riduclous NYR jersey, number 94, name "Stanley Cup" or "The Cup".

Ugh.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen (more than once) the riduclous NYR jersey, number 94, name "Stanley Cup" or "The Cup".

Ugh.

Spooky, I was just gonna post this too...

draft_lens17585664module155769031photo_1323811690nyr5.jpg

I know I'm way late on this BUT...with regard to why you see a lot of Caps fans making fun of other players/teams, for those who live in DC, you know how transient a city this is. When I was younger it was no use trying to find a long-term girlfriend: everyone was either an intern in town for the summer, or down from college, etc. (though it was good for the fling now and then!) Very few people who grow up here stay, and the majority of people are from somewhere else. Now, what does that mean for hockey? It means that, inevitably, you have 1/4 of the stadium filled up with people cheering for the opposing team. And that grinds people's gears, myself included. In the Boston series last summer, I went to one of the playoff games, and there were actually Boston fans in the stands cheering "Let's Go Bruins" In Verizon Center. Disrespectful. Almost saw a few fights over that. So loyal fans get more and more hatred for other teams, especially rivals like Pittsburgh. Do you know how many Pens bars there are in DC? It's unreal. So yeah, people who live here and support the home team don't like other teams. Plain and simple.

In the Boston series last summer, I went to one of the playoff games, and there were actually Boston fans in the stands cheering "Let's Go Bruins" In Verizon Center. Disrespectful.

How is that disrespectful? They're cheering on their team. Just because they come to Washington to see a game they have to either be quiet or support the Caps?

Sorry, I don't think that's right. It's not disrespectful at all. If they were saying "Caps suck" or something, fine, but cheering on the team they support is not disrespectful. Otherwise, wouldn't you say that the Caps fans are disrespectful to every visiting team and fan then for cheering on the Caps?

If the Caps fans aren't loud enough to drown out the opposing fans, that's they're problem. I just don't see how you can call supporting an opposing team disrespectful.

Why do people get so butt hurt about away support hockey games? In Scotland at football games, jeering your rivals is all part of the atmosphere. You give credit where credit's due but you're there to support YOUR team.

Dan, I was going to say the same thing. Standing up and cheering "Lets go Bruins" is fine. I love seeing visiting fans at the Coliseum (with the exception of the Rangers, Flyers, Penguins, and Montréal).

Frankly, I think the word "disrespect" comes to mind when the heckling and harassment of the fans of a visiting team crosses the line from good natured razzing to insults and threats. Once a visiting fan feels uncomfortable in their seat, then THAT's where the disrespect comes in.

I've gone to Bruins games in MSG, Long Island, Philadelphia, and I went to game 7 in Vancouver and I've worn jerseys into all of those buildings. And I've sat next to fans from the visiting teams in Boston. For the most part, I haven't encountered this "disrespect" other than from the occasional drunk jerk-off who made a comment. When a drunk Boston fan kept yelling over me at a playoff game this spring at the Caps fan on the other side, he was told to STFU and sit down by myself and several others. And he got the message and he did. (Well, I encountered more than one drunk jerk-off in Vancouver, but I also encountered a large number of people in Vancouver who were embarrassed by what we had to go through walking in and out of that arena. And walking through the parking lot in Philly was worse than anything that happened once I was in the building. But I think Vancouver and Philly might be the two worst places for this)

I also lost a bet once and had to wear a Toronto jersey to the old Boston Garden back when there was a brief rivalry with the Leafs in the early 90's. And I'll tell you, there were more people who bought us beer and were worried that people were giving us a hard time there than I would have ever expected.

In a place like Washington, where there are so many people who aren't from Washington, it is too bad that there people who apparently have so little respect for their fellow hockey fans. That being said, I went to a game at the Verizon Center and didn't run into any of these people.

• 4 weeks later...

Pre-season kicks off at my local rink tomorrow... watch this space.

Ps. I'd never thought about it before (even though it's probably been discussed), but since the number #7 slot in Vancouver is for the fans - would a jersey be exempt from being a foul if the fan had their name and #7? Just curious as to what you guys thought.

Pre-season kicks off at my local rink tomorrow... watch this space.

Ps. I'd never thought about it before (even though it's probably been discussed), but since the number #7 slot in Vancouver is for the fans - would a jersey be exempt from being a foul if the fan had their name and #7? Just curious as to what you guys thought.

It would be 100% acceptable if it were a CCM jersey, #7 with MOrrison, or a wordmark with #7 Booth :P. But in all seriousness, it depends who you ask. Some find a name not normally applicable to the jersey a foul. Some find it fine.

Funny story about David Booth, he was my girlfriend's favorite player. She is always checking out my jerseys and stuff and thinks theyre pretty cool so as a surprise, I got her an authentic 1.0 sz 46 with David Booth on it. She was so amped on it and was showing it off since it was 'authentic' and what not... he got traded 4 days later.