The Hockey News: Truely a Great magazine

iggygoalie

I just began my supscription with the Hockey news recently, and let me tell you, the magazine is wondeful! It comes out once a week and has a great website located at www.thn.com where you can even get digital subscriptions.

I love reading the in-depth analysis the magazine gives that is hard to find elsewhere.

The only complaint that i can really make against is the quality of paper it is printed on. From time to time, it arrives in my mailbox with a pretty big rip in it.

So I was wondering if there were any other subscribers here?

I just began my supscription with the Hockey news recently, and let me tell you, the magazine is wondeful! It comes out once a week and has a great website located at www.thn.com where you can even get digital subscriptions.

I love reading the in-depth analysis the magazine gives that is hard to find elsewhere.

The only complaint that i can really make against is the quality of paper it is printed on. From time to time, it arrives in my mailbox with a pretty big rip in it.

So I was wondering if there were any other subscribers here?

I like their annual yearbook. I'm thinking of getting a subscription I mainly use it for the major junior and college hockey info. Plus the US HQ is in Buffalo.

I like their annual yearbook. I'm thinking of getting a subscription I mainly use it for the major junior and college hockey info. Plus the US HQ is in Buffalo.

I love my THN subscription (1st year). The All-Access Pass special issue was great and their indepth articles are very good. Considering how cheap it is if you subscribe than picking it up on the newstand- I definitely suggest to anyone to subscribe to it!

I subscribed on and off over the years. I found it very useful for junior hockey news and for shopping for hockey-related things. Since the Internet became what it is, I don't feel a necessity to spend $50 a year on it, plus half the time, my copy would show up with the front or back cover torn. Not only that, by the time mine arrived, it was just telling me the last two week's news and/or stuff I read on the internet already. The circulation department botched my orders too many times, too. No Phoenix newsstands carry it, which is a bad thing; I can't just go to the store and browse it and see if that week's issue is worth my while. Those are just my experiences with THN. I can't say that I don't recommend it, however, every hockey fan should subscribe to it at least once in their life.

I normally flip though it at a store if it's good then I will go to the library and read it. :P

There have been good articles in it but a lot of it is old news, especially on teams that I follow.

I subscribed on and off over the years. I found it very useful for junior hockey news and for shopping for hockey-related things. Since the Internet became what it is, I don't feel a necessity to spend $50 a year on it, plus half the time, my copy would show up with the front or back cover torn. Not only that, by the time mine arrived, it was just telling me the last two week's news and/or stuff I read on the internet already. The circulation department botched my orders too many times, too. No Phoenix newsstands carry it, which is a bad thing; I can't just go to the store and browse it and see if that week's issue is worth my while. Those are just my experiences with THN. I can't say that I don't recommend it, however, every hockey fan should subscribe to it at least once in their life.

I will say this- THN comes later to me in NJ then I think it should. I just found myself over the alst few years buying too many of them to read on the trains down here that it was cheaper just to buy the full year. I am still happy with my choice and I agree, I like the Junior/AHL coverage they have in there. For the NHL its generally the internet.