Cutting Edge closes?

brandon

I don't really want anything that he has.

I would have taken some for $10 a piece like he paid, but he hasn't listed anything that I want.

I just find it extraordinarily obnoxious that he is listing items that he paid $10-20 for for double or more what they are really worth.

You can buy game worn jerseys for what he has authentics listed as.

You would think he would list these all for $75-99 a piece and be happy with a 500% plus profit.

Unless, of course, the "auction" was a sham set up by him and one of the owners and he is really working with the guy.

I have no idea, but something does not seem right.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jerseys were court ordered to go to auction. Chris explained that the two partners had a nasty split and that the court told them to sell what was in the warehouse.

Make him an offer, see if he accepts or counters. Like I said, if you see something you want, make an offer. We all know these jerseys are worth something.

He counters back high I have tried a few jerseys did get some patchs and they may be a bit high as well

You would think he would list these all for $75-99 a piece and be happy with a 500% plus profit.

To be honest, for what I bought, I feel I paid a fair market price for the jerseys. Some of the stuff is priced high, but there is a best offer option. If a replica normally sells in team shops for $115 (authentics for $200-300), it doesn't hurt to ask for more, especially if it is your business (in regards to the blank authentics listed).

Knowing what someone payed for a jersey adds another variable to what the perception of what you offer that would honestly be real fair to the profit the seller would be making ( if that makes any sense)

Knowing what someone payed for a jersey adds another variable to what the perception of what you offer that would honestly be real fair to the profit the seller would be making ( if that makes any sense)

Exactly. And who cares what full retail is for items. If I want to pay full retail I will go to a store where I can deal with a live person and easily return or exchange if necessary. When I shop on ebay I am looking for a deal, or something that I cannot get elsewhere. It is human nature to not want to pay someone $300 for something that you know they got for $10. Throw in the entire quick auction sell off where no one really had a chance to bid on anything and something does not seem right. If a judge ordered an auction, you would think he would want it conducted ina way to raise the most money possible, not the absolute least. For what the stuff sold for at auction, they would have been better off donating it to charity and taking a tax deduction.

I disagree about the whole price thing. These are all collectable items, meaning they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

Am I jealous that someone got a ton of great jerseys and patches for next to nothing at an auction? Of course, we are all jealous. But that doesn't mean the items are instantly worth that much less. I bought two patches so far from XAHLGOALIE and I regardless of what he paid for them, I got them for what I feel is a fair price. If you find a Van Gogh at a garage sale for $100 and someone will pay millions for it, would you feel compelled to sell it for much less because of how little you paid for it?

I'm glad he's a member here now so we can know what else he has and possibly help him with better research.

I disagree about the whole price thing. These are all collectable items, meaning they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

Am I jealous that someone got a ton of great jerseys and patches for next to nothing at an auction? Of course, we are all jealous. But that doesn't mean the items are instantly worth that much less. I bought two patches so far from XAHLGOALIE and I regardless of what he paid for them, I got them for what I feel is a fair price. If you find a Van Gogh at a garage sale for $100 and someone will pay millions for it, would you feel compelled to sell it for much less because of how little you paid for it?

I'm glad he's a member here now so we can know what else he has and possibly help him with better research.

Come on, this is not close to the same thing as finding a Van Gogh, and the "Game Issued" validity of these is questionable. There is no proof that the teams requested the customizations that were done. A lot of these are no different than Sofasurfer buying unused team blanks and customizing them as star players. My understanding is that a jersey is only Game Issued if it was requested to be customized by the team and actually sent to the team, not kept in the customizer's warehouse.

I agree, these are worth what someone is willing to pay. So why not start the auctions at $10 and see what they are really worth? These listings are baseball free agency worth, not free market worth.

I also still do not understand the 'secret' auction with ridiculously low sale prices of almost every single lot. Not much of an auction, but if it was a legit auction, then those prices ARE what those jerseys are worth. Can't have it both ways on that one.

I have nothing personal against xahlgoalie, but the whole story just has a stench to me.

I completely agree. People are acting like they are entitled to a deal just because someone else managed to get one.

I agree, these are worth what someone is willing to pay. So why not start the auctions at $10 and see what they are really worth? These listings are baseball free agency worth, not free market worth.

Why shouldn't the seller price his auctions according to what he wants to sell it for?

Not sure why i think i need to explain but here it is:

Me and my partner (16 year NHLer) heard about the auction. He was the bidder because I was out of town. We purchased alot of the items, mostly hockey and Celtic's. We spent over 30,000.00$, yeah thats not a typo and there were only 4 bidders there most of which wanted basketball jerseys. We then met one of the owners who explained that the break up of partners ended up in court and after years of litigation all items were ordered to be sold. After listing some items I found out that Diane the current owner of cutting edge is still in business and still customizes jerseys. There was no scam or fraud, we were in the right place at the right time. Yes some of our listings are high but everyone knows ebay. If you list something everyone seems to only offer half of your asking price. We did not put that money out of pocket to sell a 100$. jersey for 20$. just because we paid 10$. If you think that is unfair I am not sure what to tell you. Out of 51 items sold in the past week only one person has paid in a buy it now. We have worked with everyone else. Besides, try and find some of the items we have, especially authentic Hockey East jerseys. It's not easy. I have already received 2 messages from members and told them to send me a list and if I have the items I will make them a deal. I joined this forum to see what people were saying because alot of emails I have received are nasty telling me my items are fake. I can ASSURE you they are not. Like I posted earlier I will answer any questions and try to help anyone out but I will not reply to posts calling me a thief or a liar. So if you dont see me reply, you'll know why. Good luck guys and let me know if you are looking for something.

Like I said, Chris was extremely reasonable and friendly. We hammered out a deal within an hour..we were both happy with the deal.

It is like buying a Wild Wing for $100 (getting lucky) and then flipping it because you can get $300-500 for it. Market price. I understand where you are coming from Louis, but they still have value.

I've made best offers and had them accepted. I offered what I was willing to pay. As for authenticity, I don't have any reason to doubt the items I've received. Do I wonder whether Owen Nolan really wore a size 48? Sure. But I'm not going to buy that.

People buy up stuff for cheap and flip it on ebay all the time and there's nothing wrong with it. People buy beat up, used socks for $5 at end of season sales and put them up and get $50 for them. People buy up used Jofa pads at huge mark-ups because they want them. With ebay, the buyer sets the price. You bid or buy what you want to spend. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy this stuff if it is overpriced. But I don't begrudge anyone trying to make money. And I agree, there seems to be a strange sense of entitlement that just because someone got a deal on something that it should be passed on to everyone else. The world doesn't work that way.

Not sure why i think i need to explain but here it is:

Me and my partner (16 year NHLer) heard about the auction. He was the bidder because I was out of town. We purchased alot of the items, mostly hockey and Celtic's. We spent over 30,000.00$, yeah thats not a typo and there were only 4 bidders there most of which wanted basketball jerseys. We then met one of the owners who explained that the break up of partners ended up in court and after years of litigation all items were ordered to be sold. After listing some items I found out that Diane the current owner of cutting edge is still in business and still customizes jerseys. There was no scam or fraud, we were in the right place at the right time. Yes some of our listings are high but everyone knows ebay. If you list something everyone seems to only offer half of your asking price. We did not put that money out of pocket to sell a 100$. jersey for 20$. just because we paid 10$. If you think that is unfair I am not sure what to tell you. Out of 51 items sold in the past week only one person has paid in a buy it now. We have worked with everyone else. Besides, try and find some of the items we have, especially authentic Hockey East jerseys. It's not easy. I have already received 2 messages from members and told them to send me a list and if I have the items I will make them a deal. I joined this forum to see what people were saying because alot of emails I have received are nasty telling me my items are fake. I can ASSURE you they are not. Like I posted earlier I will answer any questions and try to help anyone out but I will not reply to posts calling me a thief or a liar. So if you dont see me reply, you'll know why. Good luck guys and let me know if you are looking for something.

Thanks for the explanation, it is appeciated. I hope you don't consider me to be someone who has called you any names, because I have not. I have just raised what I feel to be legitimate issues about how this all came about. You have to admit that the auction process was a bit strange. Nice to have you here and be willing to commnicate. Good luck with your sales.

I appreciate that ihg39. Not sure how auction was run but I can tell you only 3 people bid.

Just to answer some of the other posts.....

The pirates jerseys will not be used to outfit some street hockey team. We would be ashamed to call ourselves hockey players.

We did not buy 48 isles waves, only 12 and Jeremy bought half.

We have a new letter from cutting edge stating "all jerseys were supplied by teams and left for additional needed, repairs etc.

I can't explain why game issues got left behind, some jerseys have had repairs, some unfinished, some prototype one of a kinds like Kariya and some made as test samples like the 95-96 Avs #21. We have nameplates never used like Crosby and patches never trimmed. Too much stuff we don't ven have sorted.

Again if you are looking for something I can check it for you guys. And yes I will take care of you guys just like I did Jeremy.

I appreciate that ihg39. Not sure how auction was run but I can tell you only 3 people bid.

Just to answer some of the other posts.....

The pirates jerseys will not be used to outfit some street hockey team. We would be ashamed to call ourselves hockey players.

We did not buy 48 isles waves, only 12 and Jeremy bought half.

We have a new letter from cutting edge stating "all jerseys were supplied by teams and left for additional needed, repairs etc.

I can't explain why game issues got left behind, some jerseys have had repairs, some unfinished, some prototype one of a kinds like Kariya and some made as test samples like the 95-96 Avs #21. We have nameplates never used like Crosby and patches never trimmed. Too much stuff we don't ven have sorted.

Again if you are looking for something I can check it for you guys. And yes I will take care of you guys just like I did Jeremy.

I am the one asking about the 2011 all star jersey

I bought a lot of 9 patches from xahlgoalie on Ebay and my experience dealing with him was top notch. Quick shipping, the patches were in excellent condition. I got the 2006 Calder Cup patch I really wanted and 8 other patches that I hope to trade with other collectors. I think I got a really good deal on them too. Glad he is on this board as I wouldn't mind inquiring about jerseys he might be willing to part with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280900485909?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Yeah we r about to finish up a transaction...he had my mcdonalds authentic patch

which now i can put it on my bobby ryan portland pirates jersey. Never thought

i would find an authentic one.

Will be even better when he becomes an Islanders in a week or so

I email you cowboys. Never heard back

I am waiting on your response as I did email back