Cutting Edge closes?

brandon

I also sent you a PM.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if I have a jersey that I want Cutting Edge to take care of, what's the best way to get a hold of them and get my jersey to them?

Call 781-937-5590 and ask for Diane T.

Call 781-937-5590 and ask for Diane T.

Do they have an email address? I'm looking for a patch for my Portland Pirates jersey from 2003-2005 and was hoping they might have kept the extra's.

Do they have an email address? I'm looking for a patch for my Portland Pirates jersey from 2003-2005 and was hoping they might have kept the extra's.

What patch? xahlgoalie may have it in the stock he got from the Cutting Edge auction. I know he has the McDonalds sponsor patches that were on the Portland Pirates jerseys.

This is the email address I used to contact them a few months ago. Not sure if they are still using it.

Cuttingedgesport@aol.com

Already send them a mail. Problem is...living in germany and no credit card seems a little bit tricky. PayPal would be a good but it`s not accepted.

Some of the jerseys listed as "Game Issued" are the wrong size for the player in question, at least one has the wrong manufacturer for the years that player was with the team, and the blank jerseys sold through Meigray's clearance were once tagged with registration numbers which were removed when moved to clearance yet I see no evidence of Meigray tagging in some of the GI shirts that should have them. Provenence is an issue with all of the "issued" shirts without a direct linkage of each particular shirt to the team.

What patch? xahlgoalie may have it in the stock he got from the Cutting Edge auction. I know he has the McDonalds sponsor patches that were on the Portland Pirates jerseys.

I've already contacted him about the "VIP" patch I'm looking for and he didn't get any from the auction. The patch looks like this:

7491216090_15dac4d5ed.jpg

The Tootoo listed is incorrect. All of his jerseys are 52 and Meigray has 2 GI's that are 54. Tootoo would be swimming in a 56. As talked about before Hugh Jessiman never wore a 54, the guy is like 6' 8" 240. The Steve Sullivan is another, never wore a 58. All of his at Meigray are 52 or 54 (GI). Owen Nolan wearing a 48 is laughable, That's clearly a fan jersey.

There are also a few people who saw and handled those Celtics warn up jackets and they've said that those nameplates were not there. Now their magicly sewn on.

You have every right to do what you want with your stuff, but don't try and pass stuff off as something it's not.

The only Predators jersey that I didn't instantly find issues with was the Dowd and that's because I had lost interest by then. Any claim of "game issued" on these is tenuous at best.

I got my game issued Portland Pirates jersey this week. It's awesome and I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance.

I got my game issued Portland Pirates jersey this week. It's awesome and I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance.

I was able to purchase a game worn Pirates Scheistel jersey with team letter and then photomatch it for less than what he's selling so-called "game issued" shirts with no provenance. What Cutting Edge had may very well be team shirts that they failed to return to the clubs ... or might be extras that were subsequently sewn up. With the obvious issues on all of the Predators jerseys listed, I'm staying clear of these jerseys.

The Tootoo listed is incorrect. All of his jerseys are 52 and Meigray has 2 GI's that are 54. Tootoo would be swimming in a 56. As talked about before Hugh Jessiman never wore a 54, the guy is like 6' 8" 240. The Steve Sullivan is another, never wore a 58. All of his at Meigray are 52 or 54 (GI). Owen Nolan wearing a 48 is laughable, That's clearly a fan jersey.

There are also a few people who saw and handled those Celtics warn up jackets and they've said that those nameplates were not there. Now their magicly sewn on.

You have every right to do what you want with your stuff, but don't try and pass stuff off as something it's not.

I was able to purchase a game worn Pirates Scheistel jersey with team letter and then photomatch it for less than what he's selling so-called "game issued" shirts with no provenance. What Cutting Edge had may very well be team shirts that they failed to return to the clubs ... or might be extras that were subsequently sewn up. With the obvious issues on all of the Predators jerseys listed, I'm staying clear of these jerseys.

This is exactly what the problems I had with your Patrick Roy "game worn" jersey you listed before for $5000. You are clearly trying to dupe people with your listings. I sent you a detailed message on why your jersey was wrong and what the problems were with it by comparing it to jerseys that were listed on reputable auction houses. You are trying to shoot for the moon on your pricing and trick people with what you have. Is there not enough value in what you have without trying to lie about it? You leave yourself open to problems down the line when authentication has to take place. I understand if you invested $30000 you have a right to make that money back and more but you don't have a right to be dishonest or at the very least stretch the truth. Just say a spade is a spade and sell your jerseys for what they are worth. You paid peanuts for silver but are trying to get gold. Keep your stuff in check xahlgoalie and be honest to the collectors in the hobby.

• Good advice, OXBO. I had my eye on one of his AHL jerseys, and I wasn’t even aware of the size discrepancy until ‘mygameworn’ mentioned it. Anyway, the auction had a while to run and I figured I would hold off on making an offer until after the Meigray sale. As it turns out, the jersey was recently sold to someone who offered a bit more than I would have, so no harm done (at least to me) there.
    All the authentics I own have been bought through Meigray, with the exception of an item I got off eBay that came with a Steiner hologram and LOA. You have definitely got to be wary of any number of the eBay offerings, from this and other sellers. I plan on limiting my buying to Meigray, who I consider to be the industry gold standard.