eBay conundrum

hatryk

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you tell him it will or "should" come off without any problem? If not then it's 100% his fault but if he asked first about removing it, you MIGHT have a tough case with ebay even if you said "should" (which SHOULD remove any responsibility from you for them removing it) even though regardless it shouldn't be on you

No refund. There shouldn't be any expectation that the patch had no glue behind it. Save all documantation and communications. He bought the jersey as shown and described.

Agree with everyone else here. Unless you specifically told him the patch would come off clean, he's buying the jersey as is. If he damages the jersey by removing patches or altering it in any way he does so at his own risk. You shouldn't have to take back the jersey in a condition different from when you sent it.

I say no refund because he removed the patch. It's like buying a jersey striping it and then telling the seller it left a shado so I want a refund now.

Here's his response.

Well you told me you wanted to try and clean it off, then you were upset when you wrote assuming I had not tried. The thing was not as described, what is fair now then? It could be stitched back on on the same spot it was but like I said I do not want it in the wrong place. If it was stitched like your listing said it would have all been good. Again, I am open to a partial refund to compensate if that would work for you. When it came it was not even like in your photo, it was peeling badly already.

Well maybe he should have asked for a refund before he removed the patch when he saw it was glued and not sewn...

Exactly! When he saw that the patch was only glued on and not sewn, that was the moment to request a refund. What did he think was holding the patch on? Spit?

tell him to risk his last $4 on a can of goof off and spray it on there, the glue will most likely fall right off

I told him to ,he won't put acetone from that on it

Tell him to drink the acetone then.

No I'm not being serious.

Tell him to drink the acetone then.

No I'm not being serious.

LMFAO! Guam, you never cease to make me laugh. That's great. Back on topic, there's absolutely no reason why he should be entitled to any refund, partial or otherwise. He purchased the jersey with the patch on it, he removed the patch himself. That's his problem, he altered the jersey at his own risk. You're not responsible. If he purchased the jersey at a retail store, went home, removed the patch and said "there's glue on here", what does he think the manager would tell him?

Hopefully exactly what you tell him, which should be "go screw"

Only to you Adam, only to you. This is probably one of the stupidest arguments I have ever heard and I am a man full of stupid comments. I can't believe the buyer is serious.

Once he alters it, it's his. He can go cry a river.

I would like to add you should not refund that buyer for any reason. Like others said, he bought it as it was described. What he does with it is his business and you have no responsibility for anything he does to it.

Just tell him to open a case and eBay will resolve it but you yourself don't refund him the money.