Class of 2012

Oates

Oates, baybay!

(also Bure, Sakic, and Sundin were inducted)

What a total crock of s*** that was! I thought forsure Sakic and Shanny where shoe-ins easy. Bure over Sundin and Oats sure, but not Sundin over Shanny!?!?! WTF is that?!?

The fact is Shanny has 3 cups! Sundin and Bure, NONE!

Shanny has more points then both Bure and Sundin and BLOWS them out of the water for Playoff totals! He's also #2 all time for left wing Goals!!

Shanny has Two 50 Goals seasons. Sundin has none! Bure has large.

Sorry Leafs fans. Yes, Sundin had some great years with the leafs but face it, they were not that good!! Just cuz you are Captian of Leafs you get a HOF nod right away?!?! Heck. I'm still upset they retired his number even!

Oh and he's a Euro! :stickhndl:

It should of been Sakic, Shanny, Oats, Bure... in that order..

Since bure is in now, then theo fleury should get in IMO. I do think its a crock how shanahan wasn't elected in 1st ballot.

I have no idea how Shanahan didn't make it first try. I gotta agree with Mr. Thelonious, Sundin over Shanahan is a travesty.

Where exactly is the justification of putting Lindros in the Hall of Fame? Did he ever score 50 goals in a season? Did he have 500 career goals? 1,000 points? Any Stanley Cups? Was he ever considered to be the best player in the league at any stretch of his career? I don't see how numbers like his can get into the Hall of Fame. Those spots should be reserved for players who were absolutely exceptional for their careers in the NHL; not who were pretty good for a few years in the 1990's. In my opinion, if you have to think about putting the guy in the Hall, he doesn't deserve to be there. Hell, I don't even agree with Bure being there but there's nothing we can do about that now.

Mike i have to disagree with you on Lindros not because i think he is a first ballot hall of famer or because he is deserving. Simply because i think he was a better hockey player then Bure or even a Glen Anderson. Statically you can argue that Anderson had better stats but theres no way anyone can tell me Glen Anderson was a better hockey player then Eric Lindros.

Character flaws aside i would say Lindros was the best player in hockey for a 2 year period which is longer then Sundin and or Bure.

I think of Oates, Sundin, Shannahan, Bure and Sakic only Sakic is Hall worthy. Shanny, Oates, Bure and Sundin were excellent players but most of the time weren't even the best players on there respective teams.

I think the hall is watered down given who is already in i have to say Lindros is a hall of gamer and so is Shanny.

If you ask me the guy that deserves to be there is Reggie Leach go look at his stats and explain to me why he is not in the Hall of fame.

Where exactly is the justification of putting Lindros in the Hall of Fame? Did he ever score 50 goals in a season? Did he have 500 career goals? 1,000 points? Any Stanley Cups? Was he ever considered to be the best player in the league at any stretch of his career? I don't see how numbers like his can get into the Hall of Fame. Those spots should be reserved for players who were absolutely exceptional for their careers in the NHL; not who were pretty good for a few years in the 1990's. In my opinion, if you have to think about putting the guy in the Hall, he doesn't deserve to be there. Hell, I don't even agree with Bure being there but there's nothing we can do about that now.

I agree 100% Mike.