2012 Free Agency July 1 2012

NYIJM29

I think I will speak for everyone here. Please post all signings/UFA talk in this thread. Do not start new topics for Parise, Suter, Brodeur, etc. to keep everything less cluttered.

Who do you want your team to target?

Ideally, for the Isles, I will like them to make strong, competitive offers (i.e. front loaded deals) to a combination of these players: Carle (multi year), Garrison (multi year), Aucoin (one year deal), Jokinen (one year), Semin (multi year), Whitney (one year), Doan (multi year), and Prust (multi year).

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sucks that it doesn't look like Prusty is gonna be back with the Rangers, I like that guy a lot. Without knowing everyone who's available, I'd love for the Rangers to go after Parise (even if he doesn't sign, just to drive the price up for the Devils and other conference rivals) and Suter, since I have a feeling Dubi and either McDonagh, or more likely Del Zotto, are going to be part of a Rick Nash or Bobby Ryan deal if we can't nab Parise. I would't necessarily mind going after Semin either.

Prust signs with Montreal. sad01_anim.gif

Rangers sign Aaron Asham fit.gif

asham.jpg

This idiot is a now a Ranger? emo.gif

I like the Carkner and Boyes signing (would like them more if Garth can land Jokinen and/or Semin to go along with them). Boulton is eh. At least the Isles are going by my philosophy: If you can't beat them, then beat them!

Prust signs with Montreal. sad01_anim.gif

Rangers sign Aaron Asham fit.gif

asham.jpg

This idiot is a now a Ranger? emo.gif

It was his only stop left on the Atlantic Division tour.

I see that Jon Landry has signed a two way contact with the Islanders, you reckon he's any good? He used to play for my local team, Braehead Clan, and he's the first EIHL player to go on to sign for an NHL team.

jon%20landry.jpg

Not a big Clan fan myself, mainly because the fans are idiots that haven't got two brain cells to rub together. I just go to enjoy hockey, whoever plays but the fact they have a no swearing policy is just... ugh. Been many a time I want to turn round and feed some loudmouth sasquatch, thankfully they haven't got a clue what authentic jerseys are so it would be an easy win.

I think Landry was on a Bridgeport (AHL) contract last season...he really was not one of my focal points when I went to Bridgeport games last season (was watching Cizikas, de Haan, Donovan, Poulin/Nilsson, and in the playoffs Ullstrom, Persson, and Nelson). I guess he was good enough to be signed to a two-way deal!

I can't believe Jagr is going to likely finish his career in a hideous sweater, for a team that has no chance of making the playoffs. As much as I hate the team, I really would have liked to see him end his career where it started.

I really would have liked to see him end his career where it started.

Where, riding Mario's coat tails?

I can't believe Jagr is going to likely finish his career in a hideous sweater, for a team that has no chance of making the playoffs.

I wouldn't exactly say that Dallas has no chance of making the playoffs. The Pacific Division has been very tight the past few years, and just a few games before the end of last season, Dallas actually held the 3rd seed by leading the Pacific. If it were not for a season-ending 5 game losing streak, they might very well have made the playoffs. And in addition to picking up Jagr, they also got Ray Whitney- they could be the wingers on an old-timers line!

I won't argue about the hideous jersey, though.

I wouldn't exactly say that Dallas has no chance of making the playoffs. The Pacific Division has been very tight the past few years, and just a few games before the end of last season, Dallas actually held the 3rd seed by leading the Pacific. If it were not for a season-ending 5 game losing streak, they might very well have made the playoffs. And in addition to picking up Jagr, they also got Ray Whitney- they could be the wingers on an old-timers line!

I won't argue about the hideous jersey, though.

Are they putting together the geezer squad? Maybe they can get Belfour out of retirement, or convince Hasek to come back to the NHL. That would be like having an allstar team.....if it was still 1998.