2012 Free Agency July 1 2012

NYIJM29

I would have liked the Flyers to re-sign Carle strictly because of their defensive position, but nowhere near that contract. The cap hit and length is awful. Carle is an excellent passer and outside of Timonen, was the best dman to start the breakout. Having said that, his shot is laughably bad, and I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. Add the fact that without the presence of Pronger, Carle has shown that he isnt close to being a top pairing dman.

He will eat up minutes, but at the same time will suely make Lightning fans pull their hair out.

I just wanted to give you a virtual high five, i do not think this could be written any better.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selanne is Back. One More Year!!!!

Nashville said that originally, but ownership has been back-peddling, read their comments they're much more tentative and less resolute, changing their tone to "we'll do what's best for the franchise. They've been apparently trying to trade him for a few weeks now, and he doesn't want to be there (per his agent). PLUS they have to pay $26M in one year. I think we may have ourselves Pronger's replacement.

Nashville said that originally, but ownership has been back-peddling, read their comments they're much more tentative and less resolute, changing their tone to "we'll do what's best for the franchise. They've been apparently trying to trade him for a few weeks now, and he doesn't want to be there (per his agent). PLUS they have to pay $26M in one year. I think we may have ourselves Pronger's replacement.

They have to pay $26M in one calendar year because of the bonuses due up front, but it's really $28M total for the first two seasons.

If Weber really wanted to leave Nashville he would have taken a 1-year deal and then hit UFA. This is nothing more than him wanting to get paid before the new CBA kicks in and the Flyers not wanting to get in a bidding war trading for him.

They have to pay $26M in one calendar year because of the bonuses due up front, but it's really $28M total for the first two seasons.

If Weber really wanted to leave Nashville he would have taken a 1-year deal and then hit UFA. This is nothing more than him wanting to get paid before the new CBA kicks in and the Flyers not wanting to get in a bidding war trading for him.

Come on Nashville, don't match it so I can jump on the Flyers bandwagon!

Now that Semin is gone, aside from Ovi and Backstrom, who do the Caps really have that is going to produce? Joel Ward? Mike Ribiero had better step up his game. I'd like to see the Capitals succeed this coming season, but I think they might be in some trouble...

Now that Semin is gone, aside from Ovi and Backstrom, who do the Caps really have that is going to produce? Joel Ward? Mike Ribiero had better step up his game. I'd like to see the Capitals succeed this coming season, but I think they might be in some trouble...

The way I see things is that the last 3 spots (1-5: NYR, BOS, CAR, PIT, PHI) in the playoffs are going to 3 of these 8: Winnipeg, Buffalo, Florida, Washington, Tampa Bay, Ottawa, New Jersey, Islanders.

The way I see things is that the last 3 spots (1-5: NYR, BOS, CAR, PIT, PHI) in the playoffs are going to 3 of these 8: Winnipeg, Buffalo, Florida, Washington, Tampa Bay, Ottawa, New Jersey, Islanders.

The Isles in the playoffs?! You very well might be right. They have a legit chance this year. The Boston pick for top five is good, but I don't like that Tim Thomas is taking the year off. Whoever steps in for him won't fill his shoes, IMO. Tuuka Rask? I wouldn't have faith.

The Isles in the playoffs?! You very well might be right. They have a legit chance this year. The Boston pick for top five is good, but I don't like that Tim Thomas is taking the year off. Whoever steps in for him won't fill his shoes, IMO. Tuuka Rask? I wouldn't have faith.

I don't think they are making the playoffs lol. This is the first year they might have a chance to in a while, but I think Winnipeg and Buffalo are both going to make the playoffs. Are the Isles better than Ottawa, TB, NJ, Fla, Wsh? Probably not. :(. One team needs to win the NE division and I think Boston is going to win it. Rask has challenged Thomas and I think he can handle being the starter.

Habs bounce back and make the playoffs, sabres wont make the playoffs...book it

What a bold prediction by a Habs fan! :P I can tell you that if the Sabres DON'T make the playoffs, that Lindy Ruff might be in trouble.... With Pegula's commitment to winning I wouldn't be surprised to see him look elsewhere for a coach if there is no postseason for Buffalo in 2012-2013.

Ok so i am a Homer sue me! I just cant see the Sabres making the playoffs although i like the pick ups they made at the draft. In a couple of years they will be a solid team.

I cant see the Islanders making the playoffs either looks like another year where they muddle at the bottom.

Ok so i am a Homer sue me! I just cant see the Sabres making the playoffs although i like the pick ups they made at the draft. In a couple of years they will be a solid team.

I cant see the Islanders making the playoffs either looks like another year where they muddle at the bottom.

Not saying you are Homer! B) I agree about Buffalo, they will be pretty solid in a few years. They have some holes to fill right now. Their draft picks may be the go to guys for those needs.

What do you think the Habs are going to do about Subban?

Subban will get a 3 year 9 million dollar deal and then he hits the big money habs would be smart to throw 6 year 24 million dollars at him now but they are gun shy because hes a pain the arse in the room. its either 2 year 5 million or 3 year 9 million its really up to him.

Then again.....scenario #2 the leafs or someone else signs him to a stupid 5 year 30+ million dollar deal would be intresting to see if habs would match. scenario 2 very unlikely to happen given that teams dont go out of their way to screw the habs because the habs have NEVER offered a deal to a restricted free agent

Subban will get a 3 year 9 million dollar deal and then he hits the big money habs would be smart to throw 6 year 24 million dollars at him now but they are gun shy because hes a pain the arse in the room. its either 2 year 5 million or 3 year 9 million its really up to him.

Then again.....scenario #2 the leafs or someone else signs him to a stupid 5 year 30+ million dollar deal would be intresting to see if habs would match. scenario 2 very unlikely to happen given that teams dont go out of their way to screw the habs because the habs have NEVER offered a deal to a restricted free agent

Burke will never sign anyone to an offer sheet. He's said it a million times that he doesn't like them and will not do one. He traded to get Kessel when he could have easily just signed him to an offer sheet.

I'd say around $3M is what Subban's worth. Didn't have a great year last year, but the team was also down. IMO their best move is to lock him up, but NOT overpaying. I agree with you that 2 years for $5 M or 3 for $9 M is fair.

Burke will never sign anyone to an offer sheet. He's said it a million times that he doesn't like them and will not do one. He traded to get Kessel when he could have easily just signed him to an offer sheet.

The Shea Weber offer sheet just kind of reminded everyone how they can be negative. The Preds were essentially forced to match the offer. But would they really have negotiated that kind of contract with him? Probably not. Nashville locked him up (smart move), but they had to under pressure. That is the negative aspect of the sheets. Things can get sticky in situations that aren't as obvious as this one was. And that makes sense as to why a lot of GMs dislike them.