2012 Free Agency July 1 2012

NYIJM29

Wasn't Witt the guy who got hit by a car the day of or day before a Isles/Flyers game and said "Im a hockey player, I'll play".

Either way, gotta love how he doesn't hold back on twitter

Yup! The guy is a warrior.

He was cool about signing this too!

IMG_3474.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More along the lines of Bettman doing obscure things to himself and suffering from them. Listen to any Cannibal Corpse song, and you've got yourself what Witter tweeted

I really hope this CBA crap gets settled in a hurry. I need to come home from school and be able to kick back and watch the Rangers. That and the owners better not ruin my birthday by locking out.

I really hope this CBA crap gets settled in a hurry. I need to come home from school and be able to kick back and watch the Rangers. That and the owners better not ruin my birthday by locking out.

Great, so if there is a season being played, my birthday can be ruined by the Isles losing to the Pens at the Coli?

Great, so if there is a season being played, my birthday can be ruined by the Isles losing to the Pens at the Coli?

One should be used to the Isles losing by now. And at least your 25th wasn't ruined by that travesty between the Pens/Isles in 2011.

One should be used to the Isles losing by now. And at least your 25th wasn't ruined by that travesty between the Pens/Isles in 2011.

That was a good game! IIRC, the Isles won by a lot ;)

That was a good game! IIRC, the Isles won by a lot ;)

Not by a long shot. GIllies needs to be bagging groceries.

Not by a long shot. GIllies needs to be bagging groceries.

All is relative, my friend. :thumbsup:

Gillies is with his buddy, Jeremy Yablonski, in Russia now.

All is relative, my friend. :thumbsup:

Gillies is with his buddy, Jeremy Yablonski, in Russia now.

But on a bigger scale, we need hockey this year. This CBA nonsense needs to get settled. I'll have NOTHING to do for months otherwise.

This board needs at least one Islander-free thread. Or better yet, an all Islander comments contained in a single, dedicated thread.

agreed. that would leave more space on the board for a relevant team like the wild.

This board needs at least one Islander-free thread. Or better yet, an all Islander comments contained in a single, dedicated thread.

aJa7m.gif

Jeff, this is the third time you've said something derogatory towards me, in an indirect way....we all know it was guided towards me, we are not stupid. If you are still upset over those $13 Islanders jerseys, grow up. You are the only person that seems to care about what I post and have beef with me

ok prediction time....... How many games will be missed??

here is my prediction

all of the pre season is scrapped and the first month of the season.

I spoke to Vincent Damphouse today his kids BO and Denver play hockey with my son. That's not a typo i did say Denver. He said the big divide is the % of revenue split players currently have 57% owners first proposed 46% for players and now they are at 50%. He says each % represents 35 million in the owners pockets. He says revenue is 3.6 billion up from 2005 when it was 1.6 (last labor negotiations). He feels all the the other issues will be resolved once the division of total hockey revenues is solved.

I think he has great input having been on the NHLPA at the last negotiations. Another thing i asked him is why cant they just hammer out a deal , basically lock themselves in a room and hammer out a deal. He explained the players and owners have a ton of money on the line and right now no one is losing any real money until that changes the "urgency" factor is non existant.

HE also told me a great story about Brian Bellows but we will leave that for another thread/post

I predict the season starts December 3. Gives them 4 weeks to make sure everything is in order for the winter classic.

I predict the season starts December 3. Gives them 4 weeks to make sure everything is in order for the winter classic.

I think December 1 would be the latest the season starts. They cannot afford to lose the Winter Classic.

I think December 1 would be the latest the season starts. They cannot afford to lose the Winter Classic.

Gaborik should be back by then.....

Gaborik should be back by then.....

I still think they get a deal hammered out before October 1st, but they might delay the start of the season to allow time for training camp.

ok prediction time....... How many games will be missed??

here is my prediction

all of the pre season is scrapped and the first month of the season.

I spoke to Vincent Damphouse today his kids BO and Denver play hockey with my son. That's not a typo i did say Denver. He said the big divide is the % of revenue split players currently have 57% owners first proposed 46% for players and now they are at 50%. He says each % represents 35 million in the owners pockets. He says revenue is 3.6 billion up from 2005 when it was 1.6 (last labor negotiations). He feels all the the other issues will be resolved once the division of total hockey revenues is solved.

I think he has great input having been on the NHLPA at the last negotiations. Another thing i asked him is why cant they just hammer out a deal , basically lock themselves in a room and hammer out a deal. He explained the players and owners have a ton of money on the line and right now no one is losing any real money until that changes the "urgency" factor is non existant.

HE also told me a great story about Brian Bellows but we will leave that for another thread/post

Why the *^%&*)&^ can't they agree on 50/50?!?!?! :angry:

Why the *^%&*)&^ can't they agree on 50/50?!?!?! :angry:

It's a business. They all want to make as much as they can. There are 30 owners, 700+ players. The players should receive a larger percentage of the HRR

It's a business. They all want to make as much as they can. There are 30 owners, 700+ players. The players should receive a larger percentage of the HRR

I think players should get at least 55% no one pays to watch Ed Snider play hockey or Geoff Molson shoot top corner. ALthough owners are taking the financial risk they have a big window to make money while players have a very small winow to make money. Where i disagree with players is that the minimum salary is 695k and superstars make 12 million. how about the superstars pool 10% of their earning and redistribute it to the player anyone makin more then 7 million should contribute a % to the the players making less then 1.5 million. The players always argue the owners should revenue share but why not the players

I agree with you on the 55% George. Players are risking their health night in and night out, with some having really rough futures due to concussions (which, imo, the league treats as a joke).