New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

Is my screen dirty, or are the numbers camouflage?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice O'Reilly pick up and a rookie jersey too.

Thanks! Pretty stoked... I'm primarily a NY Rangers collector, but the Avs are my second team and I am having fun picking up a few of their gamers.. O'Reilly is my third Avs gamer.. :)

Is my screen dirty, or are the numbers camouflage?

No, they aren't camo, that's just the flash reflecting wrinkles in the gold twill.

And I don't want to know why your monitor is dirty. :thumbsup:

I admit I'd never heard of Benoit Pouliot but from this video I found on Youtube, he was once like the greatest player ever to wear a Bruins jersey or something :P

Yes, he was. His turnover in Game 7 OT set up Joel Ward's series winning goal. :thumbsup:

And apparently the Flyers only wore HSI for the '83 playoffs, 2 games at home, and only 1 on the road, April 9th, 1983 vs the Rangers.

Special thanks to Mr. Clark for the hookups on this one-game wonder.

1983 HSI Propp

Flyers198283RoadProppHSIfront-vi.jpg
Flyers198283RoadProppHSIrear-vi.jpg

It's too bad too, 'cause the style/font used on those HSI jerseys is down right awesome.

Customary for the time, the Flyers attached the FS through the rear numbers for reinforcement

HSIFightstrap-vi.jpg

Your name is the chance of me getting that back?SLIM!

Good work my friend. Nice Whalers too!

The rangers...ehhh....butt wiping towelettes :)

Word has it that the Flyers ditched their HSI jerseys because they couldn't handle the embarrassment of being swept out of the playoffs by the same team that they had chastised so harshly in the media. I've always said though that they should be used to embarrassment by now since they've been doing it almost exclusively since 1977. RDR­²!

Two more. First, a rarely seen Keith Tkachuk Atlanta Thrashers from 2006-07:

herscirca20071aReebokauthentic-vi.jpg

herscirca20071bReebokauthentic-vi.jpg

Keith played 18 regular season and 4 playoff games for Atlanta after being traded for in their first and only playoff run.

Then, a 1998 Olympics Mike Modano:

alTeamcirca19982aNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

alTeamcirca19982bNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

I don't like the name font on this so I'm going to swap it out eventually.

Great to see a Thrashers Tkachuk jersey pop up. I need to get around to doing up my blue 1998 Team USA jersey. Do you know if those jerseys used a Nike Flo Knit nameplate?

Yes they did. If you need the navy air-knit material for that one, let me know as I have several full length plates that I've cut up from a previous piece.

A few that I know a couple saw on ebay. First 3 are mine, the last one isn't mine, unfortunately, but considering the crappy photos in the listing, I figured many would be interested to see what wear was really on the jersey!

2002/03 Dan Hamhuis Christmas

jersey_13-M.jpg

jersey_15-M.jpg

2005/06 Greg Classen St Pats

jersey_10-M.jpg

jersey_11-M.jpg

2006/07 Ville Koistinen St Pats

jersey_08-M.jpg

jersey_09-M.jpg

2005/06 Shea Weber Set 2 (Prepared but not worn in Calder Cup Finals)

jersey_16-M.jpg

jersey_17-M.jpg

Oh man, there was actually wear on the Weber! Well that guy got a deal! Too bad the seller was such a tool, def wouldve gotten more for it if he took 9 seconds to take a good picture or answer a question sensibly... The Hamhuis is freaking hilarious by the way. Nice pick ups man!

I'm not sure if I should be sorry for running up the price on the Weber or upset that I didn't bid higher. All nice Ads shirts.

No worries, I only got it b/c a friend was working when it ended, so you could have upped the bid, it didn't effect me. (FWIW, his max was somewhere around $450 and half-expected to lose.) The lack of wear in the photos and as Brandon said, the fact the seller wouldnt reply to quwas the same as what I got the Set 1 for...estions I think shyed everyone away or limited the bids.

I wasn't exactly sure what it would be, I was still half expecting an Authentic!

The seller being a bit foolish and the questions about wear kept my bid fairly low for a Weber but enough that I did bump up the final price at the end.

I just ordered both the blue and white Vopat intersquad jerseys from 99-00. I know they aren't green or Jofa ... and they have provenance ... but they were a great price. I'll post pics once they get here.

Got this yesterday. It's a Pro Player authentic. It appears to be a Starter jersey that Pro Player put their logo on when they took over. The fabric is the same as the Starter authentics I have. I'll eventually make it a Bure.

DSC_0402-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSC_0403-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Picked this up off someone on Gameworn.net. It's a game issued with an authentic m&d patch with the blue border.

1-vi.jpg3-vi.jpg

I think it must be a very early Pro Player because it also has the Starter style size tag. It doesn't show any signs of being altered under close inspection. The tags and fight strap seem to be sewn on properly and original.

And its an authentic with a sleeve logo, thats one hell of an odd jersey.