New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what exactly were the Vintage re-issues? When were they worn, what was their purpose? I've seen them on eBay a bunch. I figured they were a type of replica.

There was a set of throwback jerseys for teams with some sort of NHL heritage (Bruins, Rangers, Canadiens, LA Kings, Blues, etc) in the 03-04 season. At least for the Bruins (and I believe the Rangers, as the Bruins did the home-and-home with them that season), there was a home set and an away set. And for this example, I'm using Doug Doull, as both his jerseys were easily found on Google images

These sets were only worn in a handful (<5 games) of games

http://www.gameworna...79e4353af67.jpg

http://pics.classica...w_146_52276.jpg

Edit: The image resize tool doesn't work, so I'll leave the links

Edit 2: The Rangers did do a home and away set

http://www.ty-comemo...ll Front MQ.jpg

I see. Was it right after that that CCM started making the Vintage Classics for retail sale? I believe they're the 550's....I've seen them on Custom Throwback Jerseys.com

There was a set of throwback jerseys for teams with some sort of NHL heritage (Bruins, Rangers, Canadiens, LA Kings, Blues, etc) in the 03-04 season. At least for the Bruins (and I believe the Rangers, as the Bruins did the home-and-home with them that season), there was a home set and an away set. And for this example, I'm using Doug Doull, as both his jerseys were easily found on Google images

These sets were only worn in a handful (<5 games) of games

http://www.gameworna...79e4353af67.jpg

http://pics.classica...w_146_52276.jpg

Edit: The image resize tool doesn't work, so I'll leave the links

Edit 2: The Rangers did do a home and away set

I actually have that white Rangers jersey. I think they only wore it for one game vs Boston. Any idea where I can find out who exactly wore that jersey? I still have to customize it. I was going to eventually post it in the "who to put on this" thread. Thanks!

I actually have that white Rangers jersey. I think they only wore it for one game vs Boston. Any idea where I can find out who exactly wore that jersey? I still have to customize it. I was going to eventually post it in the "who to put on this" thread. Thanks!

The MeiGray population report from 2003-04 lists all the games where the Vintage sets were worn (another reason why MeiGray rocks!).

Then go to the Rangers official website and get the box score for the games the white vintage was worn: 1/19/2004 vs Boston and 3/4/2004 vs Boston to see who played.

(as an FYI Rangers blue vintage was worn 1/17/2004, 1/20/2004, and 2/2/2004)

The MeiGray population report from 2003-04 lists all the games where the Vintage sets were worn (another reason why MeiGray rocks!).

Then go to the Rangers official website and get the box score for the games the white vintage was worn: 1/19/2004 vs Boston and 3/4/2004 vs Boston to see who played.

(as an FYI Rangers blue vintage was worn 1/17/2004, 1/20/2004, and 2/2/2004)

Thanks a lot! The last Thing I need is another Messier jersey. Unfortunately, I believe Leetch east traded to Toronto before he could have worn this style. I actually hated that era for the Rangers since they had no identity and flat out sucked. I was possibly even looking back to the original years they wore that style in the 70's and going with Duguay, Davidson, etc. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, I believe Leetch east traded to Toronto before he could have worn this style.

scratch.gif Umm the first game I linked (1/19/2004) lists Leetch as playing for the Rangers.

scratch.gif Umm the first game I linked (1/19/2004) lists Leetch as playing for the Rangers.

Sorry. Lol. I wrote that before I checked the links. It's also Monday and I haven't had my coffeeeeee!!!

Did he wear the "A" as well? I'd really like to see a picture before I send it off. I also feel terrible that this is the wrong thread for this, but I greatly appreciate the help. :)

A few pickups over this summer.

Authentic 2003-04 Portland Pirates jersey. Thanks to xahlgoalie for the great deal. Got the VIP patch from xahlgoalie also but it is not attached yet. This will become either a Brooks Laich or Alex Semin jersey.

7725711028_5a86443d73.jpg

2009 Canadiens 1910-11 Centennial. Thanks to dsl135 for getting this for me from the Dave and Adam's sale at an awesome price. This will become either a Max Pacioretty or PK Subban jersey.

7725709678_3af525875b.jpg

Oilers away replica jersey from the CCM Vintage line. I usually don't buy replica jerseys but I got this off of ebay for really cheap. I'm having trouble figuring out if it is supposed to be a replica of the 88-89 jersey or the 89-90 jersey. I think this one will become a Kurri jersey since he was on both teams..

7725712498_e7f9a4c224.jpg

I can't believe a Suter stick went for $40, or even at the regular price $75. If he was a Leafs, it'd be $250. That's what I hate about trying to be a collector here, the ###### Leafs is all about making money.

I can't believe a Suter stick went for $40, or even at the regular price $75. If he was a Leafs, it'd be $250. That's what I hate about trying to be a collector here, the ###### Leafs is all about making money.

Yeah, all the game used sticks were $75. This is only at their annual summer equipment sale though. During last season at the home games they had sticks for $200.

I'm having trouble figuring out if it is supposed to be a replica of the 88-89 jersey or the 89-90 jersey. I think this one will become a Kurri jersey since he was on both teams..

7725712498_e7f9a4c224.jpg

Although the jersey style's the same, the Oilers had a different crest from '88-92 with a fatter oil drop that doesn't quite come to a point at the top. If you're a stickler for accuracy, your crest matches the '92 to '96 Oilers jerseys.

Although the jersey style's the same, the Oilers had a different crest from '88-92 with a fatter oil drop that doesn't quite come to a point at the top. If you're a stickler for accuracy, your crest matches the '92 to '96 Oilers jerseys.

Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't tell the differences in the crest by looking the pictures on NHL uniforms. I'll just treat it as an 89-90 jersey since it has CCM on the back hem with no shield. Should make a great Kurri or Graves jersey.

another exampleof the "Vintage ccm" being unfaithful to the jersey it's supposed to be "retro-ing". Honestly i think people should just stay a way from those. The worst are the whaler ones what a joke sheesh

The Leafs are pretty fair with their game used jersey prices though. Pretty much in line with what Meigray would charge. I was at Real Sports about a week ago and they had a Lupul third I was drooling over for $900. Considering the player and the fact it was a highly shought after third jersey I thought the price was reasonable.

But the best are the Blues ones. I still say that's the nicest jersey of the last decade, hands down. The only thing better is the original durene one. I don't think I can afford that one anytime soon though.

Speaking of vintage:

nipegJetscirca1991CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Effin' a, Cotton...effin' a.

A few new pickups.

Mark Messier home jersey. Needs a Stanley Cup patch, and I'm going to have to try to get my first signature out... Hopefully that goes ok...

IMG_7841.jpg

IMG_7842.jpg

Mark Messier Away jersey. NHL 75th patch looks good surprisingly, but the rest of it, I don't think so... Unfortunately I think this may need to be redone. Thoughts?

IMG_7843.jpg

IMG_7844.jpg

And last but not least, thanks to a trade with mjb112090, a 1996 World Cup of Hockey jersey. If anybody has a line on a patch for it, I would love to get one, as I'm sure many other people would as well...

IMG_7845.jpg

If you ever want to move those messier jerseys, message me, I need some new kindling for my fire place.

On behalf of all Canucks fans:

###### MARK MESSIER AND ALL HE STANDS FOR

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU F(&^*** TAKE 6 MILLION FROM US EVEN IN 2012

a******

/endrant

If you ever want to move those messier jerseys, message me, I need some new kindling for my fire place.

On behalf of all Canucks fans:

###### MARK MESSIER AND ALL HE STANDS FOR

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU F(&^*** TAKE 6 MILLION FROM US EVEN IN 2012

a******

/endrant

Dude. This is an arrival thread, not a "Lets hate on Messier thread". Anywho, you got some nice looking jerseys there CJ :)

Dude. This is an arrival thread, not a "Lets hate on Messier thread". Anywho, you got some nice looking jerseys there CJ :)

Every threads a hate messier thread! :P But yeah, you got some solid toilet paper and a very nice USA jersey :P haha

Every threads a hate messier thread! :P But yeah, you got some solid toilet paper and a very nice USA jersey :P haha

SK3 knows what he is saying!

The USA is a beauty, but don't ruin it with that Richter guy!