New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

My first ultrafil jersey and it's amazing! Authentic 93-96 away Mighty Ducks jersey. Most likely going to send this out to our new member Sir Keener for customization :thumbsup: I dunno if I'm going Selanne or Kariya. What do you guys think?

Definitely Kariya. Then get another one for a Selanne customization :D

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer to that last question is "yes".

As for lettering, why not try the team supplier? Wasn't it AIS sports that did the Ducks back in the day? Maybe JunkyardAthletic can shed some light on that since he works closely with a lot of team suppliers.

Keener said that he'd be able to properly customize this jersey. And after seeing his attention to detail on his site, I don't doubt him.

Definitely Kariya. Then get another one for a Selanne customization :D

Now that you mention it, this will more than likely happen in the (near) future :P

My first ultrafil jersey and it's amazing! Authentic 93-96 away Mighty Ducks jersey. Most likely going to send this out to our new member Sir Keener for customization :thumbsup: I dunno if I'm going Selanne or Kariya. What do you guys think?

Here's my answer. The first authentic jersey I bought. I wish there was no autograph though.

DSC_0485-vi.jpg

The answer to that last question is "yes".

As for lettering, why not try the team supplier? Wasn't it AIS sports that did the Ducks back in the day? Maybe JunkyardAthletic can shed some light on that since he works closely with a lot of team suppliers.

I would venture a guess that the info on the Ducks' older fonts may be in the possession of Bobcat Athletic now. However, the Ducks' font is a standard one, and can usually be done well by just about any customizer given sufficient input and guidance from the jersey owner.

Got this in today for a good price. Rangers Indo-Edge

241s0at.jpg

Just got this today. CCM size 54 ultrafil.

DSC_0384-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

One of my favorite jersey styles of all time. Classic in its simplicity. Nice pickup!

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum after receiving alot of info and insight from you guys...so first off..thanks for all your help..so anyway..

I just picked up this jersey off EBay after looking for a unique Flyers jersey.When I was a young kid, I remember reading so much about the Bullies and hearing about all of their escapades back in the day, including my Uncle's story of rushing the Ice when the Flyers won the cup in 1973-74 and he was literally hanging off Bernie Parent, and even got to drink out of Lord Stanley's cup! So seeing this jersey, I immediately had to get it, especially with the patch..

So after having it for a few days, something about the front crest seemed a little off...and after doing some research, I think that the crest is more of the modern style flyers logo versus the old logo..So what do you think? It sort of bothers me to be quite honest..for the money I put out, I was hoping for a jersey completely spot on. for the era.I mean it blows away any Mitchell and Ness offering..but what do you think? Does the crest seem off? Should I send it back? It's beautiful in person..so I'm kinda torn..your honest opinions would be appreciated.

post-15524-0-64648500-1378508280_thumb.jpost-15524-0-95170700-1378508252_thumb.j

The first Jersey is a gameworn jersey of Joe Watson circa 1974-75, with the more rounded crest; the second picture is a supposed 1974-75 gamer of Gary DornHoeffer with the angular crest..hmmmm

P.S. i got this through Pro League Authentics in Philly..I was also informed that this jersey was used as the sample to win the contract for Rob Zombie's Broad Street Bullies movie coming out sometime soon..so I would think the jersey would be totally on point for the time period..or maybe i just have OCD haha,post-15524-0-74065600-1378507884_thumb.jpost-15524-0-77386400-1378507888_thumb.j

Finally caved... I like this kid a lot and the Meigray summer sale price was too good to pass up.. Watched it for a month and bought it with 1/2 hour left in the summer sale :)

2009-10 Ryan O'Reilly Avalanche 3rd Set 1 Rookie Season

d7t4.jpg

4b9h.jpg

I'm slightly confused...

But if the last two images (with the Cup patch) are the one that you got through Pro League Authentics, there's a couple things to point out.

While I can't speak to the crest, the patch was never worn during any games. That was only worn for promo photos.

Also, again confused, but Pro League Authentics would not have been selling game worns, if that's what you thought you were getting. They do a great job with their reproductions and stuff though, and I think this looks like a great jersey, even if the crest might be slightly off.

As for your uncle's story... He might be exaggerating the story about drinking from the Cup. I know fans rushed the ice, but I'd highly doubt the team let anyone drink from the Cup... just my opinion though. I could definitely be wrong.

Hey thanks for your reply..

1. The jersey was sold as a reproduction of the 1974/75 Jersey; so I did not think I was getting a gamer. Also, I am familiar about the history of the patch, and there are actually conflicting stories as to whether they actually wore them during games. I know they were worn during photo-ops, but some historians/etc state that they were worn during the preseason as well. Not too sure, but nevertheless, the patch is sweet.

2. The reason it (the crest) sorta bugs me is that I thought it would be identical to a 1974/75 jersey, and a crest is a pretty big deal to get right. Especially if the jersey
(or ones like it) will be used in a movie, you would have to think that they would want it to be on point..but then again...it is Rob Zombie lol

And yes, it is pretty sweet. Just something that caught my attention and wanted feedback on as to if that would be a deal breaker for anybody when it comes to a replica/throwback..

3, As for my Uncle, i'm sure his story COULD be exagerrated, but knowing the Flyers, and the culture back then with the team and their fans, its definitely not out of the realm of possibility...

Thanks again for your insight! And if anybody else can chime in, that would be great!

Haha nice pick up, youre not the only one who caved today...

I managed to hold off. Im proud of myself! Though, I did cave 2x during the sale..........

Hey thanks for your reply..

1. The jersey was sold as a reproduction of the 1974/75 Jersey; so I did not think I was getting a gamer. Also, I am familiar about the history of the patch, and there are actually conflicting stories as to whether they actually wore them during games. I know they were worn during photo-ops, but some historians/etc state that they were worn during the preseason as well. Not too sure, but nevertheless, the patch is sweet.

2. The reason it (the crest) sorta bugs me is that I thought it would be identical to a 1974/75 jersey, and a crest is a pretty big deal to get right. Especially if the jersey

(or ones like it) will be used in a movie, you would have to think that they would want it to be on point..but then again...it is Rob Zombie lol

And yes, it is pretty sweet. Just something that caught my attention and wanted feedback on as to if that would be a deal breaker for anybody when it comes to a replica/throwback..

3, As for my Uncle, i'm sure his story COULD be exagerrated, but knowing the Flyers, and the culture back then with the team and their fans, its definitely not out of the realm of possibility...

Thanks again for your insight! And if anybody else can chime in, that would be great!

From what I heard, Leach was at PLA for a signing. He had a gameworn jersey with him that day and measurments etc. were done so that the replica could be made up. The jersey you have is made by Peterson's right? The originals were made by HSI and were a knit fabric. It seems to be a fairly well made repro and the fonts look accurate. The crest is different. Having seen and owned jerseys from that period, I can tell you that they were embroidered crests that were more rounded off. They would move to a tackle twill crest when they began wearing Sandow jerseys in 1981.

The Stanley Cup patch was worn by the Flyers during the 74-75 pre-season. The team voted to have it taken off before the start of the regular season as it made them feel as though they were targets.

I took this photo a while back in case I ever needed a reference.

This particular crest is from a 75-76 HSI Kindrachuk jersey I had a year or so ago. This same crest would have been worn during the 74-75 season. This is crest is fully embroidered and has that rounded off look to it.

2588073420105558261upxjPd_fs-vi.jpg

I think the crest on that Dornhoefer gamer was replaced at some point. They did not wear a squared off crest like that in the 1970's.

Nice O'Reilly pick up and a rookie jersey too.

Hot off the press - Tony Amonte from the Salt Lake Olympics:

alTeamcirca20023aNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

alTeamcirca20023bNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

This has to be a leftover from that time period because it has the USA Hockey stamp in the collar and the barcode in the hem too. So, I thought why not Amonte?

And then there's this:

onalTeamcirca2006Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

...which I honestly don't know where from. It's the standard cut to replace the poopiness of the 2006 Swift design but, as far as I know, the US team never wore this as they stuck with the Swift crap when it was introduced. It also has all the USA Hockey tagging on the inside and the barcode in the hem. I like it but who can go on it? Hmmm...

Nice Amonte, Mike.

For my latest pickup, I'm happy to say that I finally have a Houston Aeros jersey in my collection. Growing up outside one of the largest Air Force bases in the US (Wright-Patterson) I've always had a thing for planes. This jersey was my favorite style, with the jet logo and I love the military stencil font.

2005-06 Houston Aeros Benoit Pouliot gamer
Worn in just 2 playoff games after he came up from Sudbury, even shows signs of a number change.

aeros_pouliot_f_sm.jpgaeros_pouliot_b_sm.jpg

I admit I'd never heard of Benoit Pouliot but from this video I found on Youtube, he was once like the greatest player ever to wear a Bruins jersey or something :P

Princess Pouliot never got a fair shake here in Minnesota. Part of that was his own fault and the other was our coaching staffs fault at the time. He has all the talent in the world but his work ethic sucked and felt like he was entitled to being on the first line. Coaches never gave him the respectable amount of time on better lines to put his talents to use. When he got traded most of our fan base was happy. I am hoping Nino isn't version 2.0 of this for the Wild.

Those are sharp jerseys though, nice pick up.

Princess Pouliot never got a fair shake here in Minnesota.

Obviously he didn't have the right dramatic music accompanying him in Minnesota, like he did in Boston.