New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

What season was the Phantoms jersey from? I may have some game photos of that jersey. I used to joke about his name Lars...I called him "large" Haha get ?

2007-08

Gr8erade - nice Hank WC, where'd you get it customized?

I didn't. It came from Crosby's.

I believe this belonged to someone here. If so, thanks!

ba9801c4.jpg

9a48381c.jpg

And I always thought the talons were an interesting touch.

b9493866.jpg

b04a6208.jpg

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok experts I need some help with this one. I picked it up locally for cheap and am not really sure what to make of it.

Steve Sullivan wore #11 for the Leafs during the beginning of the 99-00 season. He played 7 games and then was placed on waivers where he was claimed by the Blackhawks. This jersey is missing the retail neck tags and is a size 56 which would indicate it is game used/issued but there is no evidence of a nameplate ever being on it and there are no marks that would indicate it was game used. Only thing really noticeable is some loose stitching on the NHL2000 patch and a small black mark on the back of the jersey where the air-knit meets the mesh material on the side.

Anyways, thoughts? If it's just a blank somebody added the 11's to then I'll just strip it and start fresh but if it was used/issued then I will just add the nameplate to it.

2034442990105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2722296120105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

2846679760105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

I'd say its definitely a team issued jersey. If it was made for Sullivan, part of the reason it may have never been used is because it was made in the wrong size. Listed as being 5' 8" (probably 5' 6") that jersey would be mighty big on him. I dont think Ive seen a Sully gamer over size 52.

I'd say its definitely a team issued jersey. If it was made for Sullivan, part of the reason it may have never been used is because it was made in the wrong size. Listed as being 5' 8" (probably 5' 6") that jersey would be mighty big on him. I dont think Ive seen a Sully gamer over size 52.

My Sullivan 03/04 CCM gamer of his is a size 52 also.

The CCM collar tag has the retail hang tag hole in it. I'd lean towards not a game jersey.

I agree. Nothing concrete enough to make me think this is a game jersey.

While i dont think its a game jersey dont let the hole in the tag confirm it one way or another. I know the canucks used to send out their blank game jerseys for cresting and would attach a tag with the name and number info and shot the plastic tag hanger right through the tags in the same place. Also the other option is it was sold as overstock by the leafs team later who tagged it after the season ended and that created the hole.

Haha I see a theme here...

Haven't been this excited for an arrival for a while.

Mike Fisher Nashville Predators Team Issued Edge 2.0 with proper customization.

This thing is stunning.

fisher-a.jpg

fisher-b.jpg

Haha I see a theme here...

Haven't been this excited for an arrival for a while.

Mike Fisher Nashville Predators Team Issued Edge 2.0 with proper customization.

This thing is stunning.

Brandon how do put those stripes on the back numbers, are the screen printed on?

I believe this belonged to someone here. If so, thanks!

<blomqvist springfield falcons>

Yeah, that was from me. Enjoy it. It's a great jersey. Wish I could keep them all, but sometimes I gotta sell some!

Brandon how do put those stripes on the back numbers, are the screen printed on?

Basically its like one sublimated piece of really thick polyester, sort of like Ultrafil. I will have to get out a Macro lens and take good pictures of it close up so everyone can see it. Its really cool when you see it in person, Im surprised more teams dont do stuff like this.

One more 1988 Los Angeles Kings small block ccm. This one was customized with Gretzky everything was incorrect except for the sleeve numbers. So hopefully get this one done soon.

IMG_3603.jpgIMG_3604.jpg

Then I picked this one up off of eBay for $50, Sweet deal right? So when the jersey arrived and I opened the box a disgusting smell of death hit my face knocking me down. The jersey looked brand new but it had the worst smell you can imagine. I emailed the buyer and he told me that he had the jersey in his attic for over 15 years and it was in a box that a rat died in, Ewww! To kill the death smell I sprayed the jersey with Resolve and soked it in cold water for 15 min. Did that two times and finally the smell went away. There was no way I was going to loss that Kings jersey to that disgusting smell.

IMG_3605.jpgIMG_3608.jpg

“Truly great Jerseys are hard to find, difficult to leave or destroy. So never leave a jersey behind."

~ ic0dex, 20012

So the seller didn't mention that the jersey smelled like a dead rat until after you got it? I suppose he was thinking you wouldn't notice, lol!

So the seller didn't mention that the jersey smelled like a dead rat until after you got it? I suppose he was thinking you wouldn't notice, lol!

Nope. He said the reason he sold it to me for $50 is because of the smell. Oh well it's gone now and it has the round button fight strap.

just got this 2011-2012 Preds team issue 1.0 size 54. Sadly, I may have to sell it. Pm me if you're interested.

IMG_2614.jpg

as much as I hate to I need to sell this quickly, if possible... Pm me offers

Then I picked this one up off of eBay for $50, Sweet deal right? So when the jersey arrived and I opened the box a disgusting smell of death hit my face knocking me down. The jersey looked brand new but it had the worst smell you can imagine. I emailed the buyer and he told me that he had the jersey in his attic for over 15 years and it was in a box that a rat died in, Ewww! To kill the death smell I sprayed the jersey with Resolve and soked it in cold water for 15 min. Did that two times and finally the smell went away. There was no way I was going to loss that Kings jersey to that disgusting smell.

Now that is a story unlike any I've ever heard before.

First, you were VERY forgiving not demanding some sort of a refund as compensation for not only being subjected to that smell, but having to deal with it's removal.

Second, this gives me an inspiration to have everyone share your collecting stories, both good and bad, for my blog. I'm going to have to start a new thread requesting your stories.

Now that is a story unlike any I've ever heard before.

First, you were VERY forgiving not demanding some sort of a refund as compensation for not only being subjected to that smell, but having to deal with it's removal.

How can you be mad at someone that sold you an almost brand new LA kings jersey for $50... You can't. I'm not over-exaggerating on the smell it was really bad. A lot of you guys here played hockey, so you had your last game and you put all of you sweaty gear in a you bag. Well imagine leaving that gear in there for the next six months and then a rat dies in there just to top it of, yes it was that bad.

How are you ever gonna wear that thing in the future without thinking about the rat? :D