A (hopefully) helpful comparison of jersey types

Gr8erade

I thought it might be helpful to some to put a replica, a 1.0 Authentic, and a game worn jersey or two all in the same post for easy comparison.

Sorry to all non-Bruins fans, but that's the team I happen to have examples from. No Indo Edges from this year from the Bruins though.

Thomas Home (Black) Replica

a35854b0.jpg3476b74f.jpg

Obviously there's the jock tag, the different waist, the Vector on the sleeve, the numbers and letters that are too small,

and they are pressed onto the jersey. There's no fight strap. The neck strings are very long. I had another replica that had fake

stitching printed on the lettering (it was a Bergeron). That was pretty atrocious.

Both this one and the Bergeron replica that isn't pictured were done by the NHL store. I'd like to think that they were

rushing them out in the aftermath of the cup win and they quality has gotten better. Who am I kidding? LOL

A Bergeron Rbk 1.0 Authentic(not Indonesian made) that I believe was customized by River City Sports

3e75fa4d.jpg

6121309f.jpg

You can see the sleeve length difference between this one and the one below. You can also see that RCS does a decent job of approximating

the look of the number font and the lettering when compared to the one below, however the letters are attached totally differently,

not to mention that the RCS lettering leaves white within the letters (most obviously on the "O") and they're not big enough. On the jersey itself,

there's a fight strap, its Canadian made and made of the stretchy, water-resistent material that most players didn't like.

Then there are the real deals.....

A Game Used Bergeron 2.0

2d0d4aa1.jpg

583aadff.jpg

A home game issued 2.0 from this year

b6689867.jpg

388093aa.jpg

Close up of the stitching for the game worn jerseys

6176d2de.jpg

13b2894f.jpg

And yes, that's a Savard. I have a sweet pair of his gloves too...

bec57521.jpg

I hope this helps. If anyone wants to add some from different teams, that might be good too. I stuck to the Edges, since that seems to be confusing to

some people. I could put up more examples if anyone wants (or can stand more Black and Gold!)

I thought the Bruins have been using sublimated numbers recently.

they stitch... over the sublimation? what the fart

Yeah, if you turn the jersey inside out, only the white thread on the black jersey goes all the way through to attach the numbers. And the gold thread on the white jersey.

That is so strange hahaha, thanks for the info, interesting (and strange) as hell.

Or how about the plasticky ironed on numbers with "sewn thread" drawn on. Seen that a few times at the NHL store.

Or how about the plasticky ironed on numbers with "sewn thread" drawn on. Seen that a few times at the NHL store.

That's been the standard since Reebok took over. I saw stitched twill on Rangers replicas the last time I was in the NHL store, which was probably last year. I haven't even been in the city since April, so I don't know what the NHL store is doing now. I might go there next week for the hell of it.

Some Red Wings to compare:

First, a Rbk 1.0

47e37837.jpg

962c7a6a.jpg

Second, an Indonesian made edge

13c11f3f.jpg

34a4e578.jpg

Third, a game issued 2.0 from the 2012 playoffs with a Reebok patched Vector.

896e3acf.jpg

5ea73c6d.jpg

What I find interesting, is that despite all the negativity towards the Indonesian made jerseys, at least with this particular one, it is made very, very similarly to the 2.0 with the exception of the sleeves. The sleeves are more 1.0 like. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that a lot of the criticism towards the Indonesian made jerseys (setting aside the "its made in Indonesia, not Canada" complaint) is that many of the stores selling them (including the NHL store and NHL.com) really do a terrible job with the customization. In the Lidstrom above, the customization is very good and visually, it is very close to the 2.0, even up close. And in terms of fabrics, they're similar enough that I have a hard time saying that many of the panels are not made of the same materials. I strongly dislike the cut and feel of the stretchy Edge material found on the 1.0s, and frankly think that the Indo-edge feels much more like a 2.0 than a 1.0 does.

Maybe I'm nuts. Maybe I just got a particularly good Indo-edge. I don't know.

And now that I've posted them, I realize the red jerseys are just really hard to see details on....

Stitching over the sublimation is better than the sublimated stuff with the fake stitch marks. :glare:

Thats what the Preds used to use, the white marks are purely sublimated.

153odph.jpg

@Gr8erade,

When you posted the Indo Lidstrom before, I think you mentioned you might post detailed pics later. Would you be able to post some closeups of the fight strap attachment from the inside and outside, and also of the jersey material (knit pattern) on the front panel? Thanks, it would help satisfy my curiosity about whether some Indos are put together better than others.

A sadly customized Heritage Indo-Edge Gaborik. It really is a bad nameplate. The neck strings are also much too long, more like they used the replica sized strings on this one.

I'd say that this is a worse version of the Indo-edge than the Red Wings one for sure. It doesn't help that the customization isn't very good.

72dcb11c.jpg

496ec602.jpg

And a 2.0 GI. I still haven't figured out where the 35 went.

f1719a26.jpg41325794.jpg

@Gr8erade,

When you posted the Indo Lidstrom before, I think you mentioned you might post detailed pics later. Would you be able to post some closeups of the fight strap attachment from the inside and outside, and also of the jersey material (knit pattern) on the front panel? Thanks, it would help satisfy my curiosity about whether some Indos are put together better than others.

Yeah, I'll try. When I originally said that, I shortly realized that the Lidstrom wasn't readily available. I have it now. The problem is getting good detail with that damned red fabric! I'll get out the camera this evening or this weekend and give it a go.

Sticking with the original six theme.....

Indo-edge Blackhawks. And yes, that Stanley Cup patch doesn't belong anywhere near this jersey.....

b40226b2.jpg9793d955.jpg

And a 2.0 GW

3588438c.jpg0bf190f1.jpg

I'm now tapped out of Indo-edges... probably a good thing. LOL.

Blackhawks 1.0

Jerseys170.jpg

Jerseys172.jpg

Blackhawks 2.0 game worn

DSCN1145.jpg

DSCN1155.jpg

Capitals 1.0

Jerseys144.jpg

Jerseys145.jpg

Capitals 2.0 game worn

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

Capitals indo edge

DSCN1073.jpg

DSCN1077.jpg

Everyone know the differences in the materials and that 2.0s are wider, have double eldbows and shorter sleeves than 1.0s. The indo edge has machine stitching on the crest and stars and does not look as nice. Also you will notice from my Caps WC and alternate that the indo has wider stripes at the bottom which leads to far less space for the number (Both were done by EPS). They are both 52s, though I noticed the WC 52 is bigger than my generic Hawks and Caps 52s, which may lead to there being more space for the number.

I can tell that the indo is not nearly as nice as the 1.0, but for a jersey to wear to the game it is ok. I also had the Reebok wordmark sewn as you all know they are heat pressed.

I honestly don't know how helpful these will be. I'm not getting the detail in the red that I'd ideally like, but here goes...

For this one, the Indo is in front, the 2.0 is behind.

a1807158.jpg

From the inside, 2.0 in the front, indo behind

098d440c.jpg

From the inside again. The 2.0 is on the left, the indo is on the right

9a79a39a.jpg

Inside, showing (hopefully) the difference of materials on the sleeves

8f0501d8.jpg

Outside fight strap attachment

3083f9a1.jpg

Inside fight strap

af982ba7.jpg

And the 2.0 for comparison

0331a86a.jpg

We have tons of fake FAQs, I wouldn't worry too much about them, but the other comparisons are great! If you want some Flyers shots (no Indos, fortunately), let me know and I'll put up some comparisons.