Laraque to Pittsburgh

Mach_9

Pittsburgh adds some more toughness. They're really gearing up. The Roberts deal was finalized this morning as well. Things are getting crazy.

Pittsburgh adds some more toughness. They're really gearing up. The Roberts deal was finalized this morning as well. Things are getting crazy.

Its interesting, I wouldn't necessarily think that Pitt should try to go for it this year and just wait until the team matures and be really dangerous in 2 years. I guess this means the Pens management think the East can be taken and they are going for it....

I got to meet Georges last friday at a Coyotes charity event. He's a great guy and I really hope to see him do well in Pittsburgh.

:( I wish I would have paid the $50 to attend Coyotes Game Night. Oh well. It's ironic that Fox Sports Arizona ran In Their Own Words with George Laraque about a dozen times in the last several weeks. He's very likeable (unless you're on the ice wearing an opposing uniform) and I bet most Coyote fans here are not happy to see him get traded. I saw a lot of Laraque jerseys and t-shirts (brick with Laraque 37 in proper style on back) at the games. I'm not disappointed that I missed out on those now. Before New Year's, he was one of the team's best players (playing way over his head, IMO), after New Year's, he was just a body out there. I hope he does well in the Steel City, too.

:( I wish I would have paid the $50 to attend Coyotes Game Night. Oh well. It's ironic that Fox Sports Arizona ran In Their Own Words with George Laraque about a dozen times in the last several weeks. He's very likeable (unless you're on the ice wearing an opposing uniform) and I bet most Coyote fans here are not happy to see him get traded. I saw a lot of Laraque jerseys and t-shirts (brick with Laraque 37 in proper style on back) at the games. I'm not disappointed that I missed out on those now. Before New Year's, he was one of the team's best players (playing way over his head, IMO), after New Year's, he was just a body out there. I hope he does well in the Steel City, too.

It was a lot of fun! I'd definitely recommend it if they bring it back. Gretz signed autographs for darn near 2 hours, standing the whole time. I was thrilled to finally meet him, even if it was a picture, autograph and a handshake. He's much bigger than I pictured him being too...haha. Laraque was great, really friendly to everyone. I'm hoping they have his jerseys on sale at the team store, I bought my wife a name and number t-shirt back in January. I met a handful of players, even Perreault, they have some really great guys on that team. I think the only two that didn't show were Scatchard and Sjostrom. I even met Matt Jones, who I think I surprised when I told him I put his name and number on my jersey. It was great to be able to see the team in a different element.

Unfortunately for Laraque, to me it seemed like he was just skating around when he was on the ice most nights lately. I don't know if that was because of the way he was being utilized, the fighting rules, or what. It wasn't the same without him on Tuesday night however, when the Edmonton game was hectic.