Minneapolis Millers ... an IHL classic

LouMarcon

I got this one from Vintage Minnesota Hockey, a red/white/blue 1960 Minneapolis Millers home jersey.

It's pro weight polyester; the script lettering and numbers are twill. Double elbows. Very well made and affordable.

There was a slight delay in delievery (took eight weeks, while VMH indicates delievery should take 3-4 weeks) but owner Kyle Oen was very upfront with an explanation. And, after dealing with the former Vintage Hockey Classics (took 16 months to deliver two AHL jerseys and I'm still waiting on delievery of a second order made last November), 8 weeks in nothing. As we used to say in the Army when confronted with a tough situation, I can do 8 weeks standing on my head. No problem.

VMH has an interesting selection of former and current Minnesota pro, college and even high school jerseys.

No. 5 was player/coach Ken Yackel, a member of the 1952 US Olympic team and an all-time great at the University of Minnesota in the 1950s. Unlike most Americans hockey players of this era, Yackel made it all the way to the NHL, albeit for just a cup of coffee, playing a half dozen games with the Boston Bruins in 1959.

The last picture if of my growing International Hockey League collection:

(L-R) 1965 Fort Wayne Komets, 1960 Minneapolis Millers; and 1961-62 Fort Wayne Komets.

IHL001_zpsfa8324b7.jpg

IHL002_zps0e144aca.jpg

IHL003_zps0b7accc6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Lou,

Nice! Can I ask what they charged you for that? Is the Kaptain Komet from him to or is it one of the team's throwbacks they sell?

Jimm:

The Millers jersey was about $140; The custom 61-62 Komets jersey was $210 and the Kaptain Komets is from Komets Kuarters (off the rack.) Base jersey, if I recall, was about $110. With the numbers and captain's C, cost was $180, which included shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

THanks Lou.... I'm definitely interested in the Millers.

Take a look at Komet Kuarters Jimm.

Although the Kaptain Komet jersey is out of stock. they are now offering the K's 2012-13 home and away jerseys. Replica is $125 and authentic $200. I suspect numbers and letters are extra. The K's uniform of the past 4-5 years all look pretty much the same to me, so I'm not sure how accurate these Komet Kuarters offerings are.

I'll get a chance to find out Dec. 14 when the Komets play the ECHL Nailers in Wheeling, W.Va. And, if the Komet Kuarters road uniform is accurate, I may treat myself to an early Christmas present.

I usually go to a handful of the Nailers' games and with the NHL seemingly in no hurry to drop the puck I may go to a few more games this coming season. I'm looking forward to seeing the Komets again. Having seen Fort Wayne in person since the Komets came to Columbus during my college days to play the Checkers. $23 gets you a seat three rows behind the Komets bench. That won't get you much more than a hotdog and a beer at a Penguins game.