Nike Authentic/Replica Jerseys

jjjoejr

I have a question regarding Nike international jerseys from about 1998 to 2004.

I had acquired a Team Sweden Peter Forsberg jersey in the past, the size is a 48, but then it doesn't have a fight strap. What kind of model is this jersey? If it's a replica shouldn't it go by S, M, L as its size? I don't have a picture yet but if you guys know what I'm talking about I don't think it's necessary...

Thanks in advance!

For the 1996 WC and 1998 Olympics (and possibly other years) Nike had a "middle-tier" jersey between replica and on-ice authentic. They were basically replicas that were factory customized to big name players with numeric sizing. They were missing some of the features of the on-ice authentics (fight straps, sewn crest, mesh gussets/dazzle accents).

For example, here's a middle-tier Nike factory customized 1998 Roenick from Jeff's collection:

2679482390100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

and here's an authentic customized as Richter from 98:1998_usa_white_richter_b_sm.jpg

The Richter has a fight strap, dazzle material on the hem/shoulder/wrists, and mesh grey mesh underarm gussets.That's probably the most extreme example.

I know the 1996 WC USA jerseys the only real differences were the crest and no fight strap.

I have a few of those. The info is right that the blank replicas were letter sized and the factory customized were number sized. My Czech Jagr and USA 1996 Leetch and Richter are that way.

My blank 1996 was letter sized with a sublimated crest. I added an embroidered crest to it (like the Leetch and Richter came with) and had it done as a LaFontaine, but you can still tell it's original construction by the size tag.

• 1 month later...

I received one of these today. Czech Republic Jagr Olympic jersey. Has authentic size numbering (52) but no fight strap. Looks nice though, but I think I'll be more cautious next time.