Please welcome, your... Arizona Coyotes

http://news.sportslo...-location-name/

Any views on this name change? I actually think Arizona Coyotes sounds a lot better. I don't know if this is gonna signal a change in jerseys but I hope they bring back the Kachina logo but with the current colour-scheme. Although I doubt it's going to make any change considering the 'yotes are still the NHL's pet project.

I personally hope they don't change the uniforms, I think their color scheme right now is the best in the league, love all of their uniforms.

I really like their current ones too, apart from the black third. I wish I had an excuse to get them - but I'm trying to wean myself off buying jerseys at random and stick to select collections. Hence why I've got rid of most of my sporadic replicas.

The Team Owner shall use commercially reasonable efforts to have the name of the Team changed to the “Arizona Coyotes” as soon as is commercially feasible.

:lol:

Don't worry, it won't matter because soon the name change will be "Quebec Nordiques"

I know the new Winnipeg Jets are from the Thrashers franchise. So in this case, would the Coyotes have to get the Avalanche's permission to use the 'Quebec Nordiques' name?

I wondered when they were going to make the change to fit with the Cards and D Backs, plus they are not really in Phoenix (although I guess we don't have the Auburn Hills Pistons or Landover Redskins).

I would like to see them get a new third, but I think they have a nice home jersey as it is that also works in white.

• 6 months later...

On IceThetics they have an update that says Anthony LeBlanc (the head of the new ownership group) said in a radio interview that the change to the Arizona Coyotes may not take place until the 2014-15 season.

Well this is driving me crazy. Years ago my friend gave me a baseball cap with the original Coyotes "Picasso" logo on it, and underneath it, it says "Arizona". It was some sort of early production run before they apparently settled on the final choice of Phoenix. Wouldn't you know it, now that I want to take a photo of it, I can't find it. Grrrrr…...