REEBOK 2.0s coming out this year?

mikey3319

So did the 1.0, when the players wore it, and I bought it, not fit like a "real hockey jersey"? Or is your horse just really high off the ground so that it takes a lot of effort for you to come off it? What I'm saying is that I'm disappointed that the jersey CHANGED so much from the 1.0 (that was, you know, worn on the ice) to the 2.0. If I had KNOWN how much it had changed, then NO, I wouldn't have wanted what is CURRENTLY worn on the ice; I would have preferred to seek out a 1.0 and purchased what was PREVIOUSLY worn on the ice. Which apparently, was not a "real hockey jersey". Also, my criticism isn't the least bit ironic because I wasn't the one complaining about what Reebok offered.

Have you got a pair of shoulder pads? Put em on and put on the 1.0 and then the 2.0. I'll bet you might start getting the notion that most NHLers haven't been wearing those 1.0s for a long time. They're pretty distinctive when you actually put pads on under them. And you'll probably see why most players hated them.

I'm sincerely sorry that you're disappointed that the current on-ice authentic jersey now fits like the vast majority of the jerseys that NHLers have been wearing on the ice for the past half decade. I suspect that you'd be surprised at how quickly the 1.0s disappeared from the ice and were replaced by 2.0s. Except for the Oilers, for whatever reason, they all seem committed to being more fashion conscious. :thumbsup:

I'm sure you can probably sell that jersey and find yourself a 1.0 pretty easily.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got a pair of shoulder pads? Put em on and put on the 1.0 and then the 2.0. I'll bet you might start getting the notion that most NHLers haven't been wearing those 1.0s for a long time. They're pretty distinctive when you actually put pads on under them. And you'll probably see why most players hated them.

I'm sincerely sorry that you're disappointed that the current on-ice authentic jersey now fits like the vast majority of the jerseys that NHLers have been wearing on the ice for the past half decade. I suspect that you'd be surprised at how quickly the 1.0s disappeared from the ice and were replaced by 2.0s. Except for the Oilers, for whatever reason, they all seem committed to being more fashion conscious. :thumbsup:

I'm sure you can probably sell that jersey and find yourself a 1.0 pretty easily.

Which is essentially exactly what I stated I would hope to do a couple of pages back. Now that you've thoroughly criticized my personal preference and explained why it somehow makes me inferior, I'm glad I have your permission to try and do just that. At the end of the day, does it really matter one fart what my reasoning is if I'm surprised by how different the 1.0 and 2.0 are and would rather try to find a buyer for the jersey I'm disappointed in and pursue a 1.0? I didn't think so. When I originally posted, it wasn't to start a debate. This is where I came to get advice about whether to go indo or splurge for the 2.0 in the first place and this is a place where I thought other collectors, agree or not, might empathize with the disappointment of not getting what you're expecting. Also, thought I would share my satisfaction with IJ's customization work, despite not loving the product itself.

i think a ton of people's love for the 2.0 comes from the hardcore collectors who want the exact same thing that the players are wearing, so when they get it customized, it will be just that, modeled after exactly what is on the ice.

Look, my first point was that I was surprised by your surprise that you didn't get what you were expecting when you got a hockey jersey that fit like a hockey jersey. And yeah, the 1.0 does fit more like a fashion jersey and is one of several reasons why players don't like to play in them. I just found your criticism of the fit of a jersey that is cut to fit like a player would wear it really pretty amusing.

Look, my first point was that I was surprised by your surprise that you didn't get what you were expecting when you got a hockey jersey that fit like a hockey jersey. And yeah, the 1.0 does fit more like a fashion jersey and is one of several reasons why players don't like to play in them. I just found your criticism of the fit of a jersey that is cut to fit like a player would wear it really pretty amusing.

I'm glad you were so amused. I wasn't. $375 to not get what you are expecting isn't funny. I don't think it was unreasonable to expect the 2.0 to be similar to the 1.0. I knew it would have it's differences. I knew the materials had changed, but I didn't know how. I knew the fit was a little different, but every time I asked, I was told the sleeves are a little shorter and the chest is a little roomier. I assumed that meant the dimensions were a little bit different but the overall cut was pretty much the same (as in, for example, 26" sleeve versus 27" sleeve and 34" chest versus 32" chest, but with the same overall shape). I don't think this is outlandish. I don't care that what I liked doesn't fit your definition of what a real jersey should fit like. I spent hundreds on my 1.0s as well and they were worn in the NHL for a time, so to me, they are ALSO "real hockey jerseys". If your opinion differs, that's fine, but it doesn't change or effect mine. I'm equally amused as you are with me by the fact that you think wearing a jersey that doesn't fit well because it's made to accommodate shoulder pads makes you a somehow superior fan to me, or that I'm somehow "fashion conscious" because I liked the way my other jerseys fit and was hoping for similar.

You dont have to get upset. You like a tighter fit when you sport your jersey to the game. That's fine. I'm sorry you didn't realize that the reasons you like the 1.0 are the same reasons the players hated them but clearly, for you, you want to be styling and trim in the stands more than you actually want to be sporting the same type of jersey the players are skating around in. That's A okay with me. Given the garbage most people in the stands are wearing, a premier or a 1.0 would be a step up for most.

Out of curiosity, when they did the customization, did they scale the jersey fonts down to accommodate for the fact that no player actually wears a size 46? Or did they fit the normal sized letters and numbers on your rather small jersey?

Out of curiosity, when they did the customization, did they scale the jersey fonts down to accommodate for the fact that no player actually wears a size 46? Or did they fit the normal sized letters and numbers on your rather small jersey?

I wear 46's and it seems like they use the same size letters and numbers. On my 1.0 Lundqvist and my WC Richards (2.0!) there's not a lot of space between the numbers and the horizontal stripe

2.0s are the best thing to happen to a hockey jersey. I love the cut. It's everything I wanted in a jersey and more.

That's because you haven't tried cotton jerseys yet.

Cotton breathes, you see, it's much softer. Imagine playing games and your team is five degrees cooler than the other team. Don't you think that would be an advantage? They're cooler, they're more comfortable...they're happier - they're gonna play better.

You dont have to get upset. You like a tighter fit when you sport your jersey to the game. That's fine. I'm sorry you didn't realize that the reasons you like the 1.0 are the same reasons the players hated them but clearly, for you, you want to be styling and trim in the stands more than you actually want to be sporting the same type of jersey the players are skating around in. That's A okay with me. Given the garbage most people in the stands are wearing, a premier or a 1.0 would be a step up for most.

It looks like the normal sized lettering and fonts. It's probably fairly easy for this jersey because Girardi is not a particularly long name and it's a single digit number. I'm not sure how you think a 1.0 is "a step up from most" as if it's not good, but just passable. The only thing someone in the stands could be wearing, right now, that's better than a 1.0 is a brand, spanking new 2.0, which are still somewhat hard to come by for many teams, or a gamer. Or an old school authentic. It also has nothing to do with looking trim and stylish. It's really very rude and immature of you (or is it macho and insecure, I can never tell) to keep assuming things about me. Comfort and how a jersey feels when you wear it is not an acceptable criteria for you, eh? The thing I dislike the most is the extra material under my arm because of the extra wide armpit/shoulder cut. I find it less comfortable than my 1.0s which I tried on side by side with my new jersey. The fit of the torso is the correct fit for me, but the sleeves are also shorter on the 2.0 for some reason, which is not a big deal, but contributes to the fit being less than ideal. You also keep making the insulting assumption that it's more important to me to be stylish than to be wearing what the players wear, but did I not spend so much on my 1.0s for the very reason of wearing what the players wear? I didn't ask for the jerseys to change, nor realize how much they had changed; I didn't realize I'm a lesser fan for having the one simple opinion that I liked the way one era of on-ice jersey fit better than another. Either way; I'm done. I believe I have your blessing to look for a 1.0 and, should I find one, heck, it may even be a small step up from some of the garbage you see in the stands, right?

I wear 46's and it seems like they use the same size letters and numbers. On my 1.0 Lundqvist and my WC Richards (2.0!) there's not a lot of space between the numbers and the horizontal stripe

Thanks, I haven't paid attention to the sizing of some of the stuff that gets posted. Interesting to see how they handle longer names and plates over the edge paneling on the 2.0s.

It looks like the normal sized lettering and fonts. It's probably fairly easy for this jersey because Girardi is not a particularly long name and it's a single digit number. I'm not sure how you think a 1.0 is "a step up from most" as if it's not good, but just passable. The only thing someone in the stands could be wearing, right now, that's better than a 1.0 is a brand, spanking new 2.0, which are still somewhat hard to come by for many teams, or a gamer. Or an old school authentic. It also has nothing to do with looking trim and stylish. It's really very rude and immature of you (or is it macho and insecure, I can never tell) to keep assuming things about me. Comfort and how a jersey feels when you wear it is not an acceptable criteria for you, eh? The thing I dislike the most is the extra material under my arm because of the extra wide armpit/shoulder cut. I find it less comfortable than my 1.0s which I tried on side by side with my new jersey. The fit of the torso is the correct fit for me, but the sleeves are also shorter on the 2.0 for some reason, which is not a big deal, but contributes to the fit being less than ideal. You also keep making the insulting assumption that it's more important to me to be stylish than to be wearing what the players wear, but did I not spend so much on my 1.0s for the very reason of wearing what the players wear? I didn't ask for the jerseys to change, nor realize how much they had changed; I didn't realize I'm a lesser fan for having the one simple opinion that I liked the way one era of on-ice jersey fit better than another. Either way; I'm done. I believe I have your blessing to look for a 1.0 and, should I find one, heck, it may even be a small step up from some of the garbage you see in the stands, right?

You should probably loosen that fight strap, or better yet unhook it from your pants altogether! Seems like it is making you a bit uptight.

You should probably loosen that fight strap, or better yet unhook it from your pants altogether! Seems like it is making you a bit uptight.

I'm not uptight. I'm just not that friendly towards people I don't like.

Okay. So lets just delete the last 4 pages and move on.

The Edge 2.0 retail jerseys are still NOT exactly what the players wear. The retail 2.0 fight strap is still done like the edge 1.0 was which was a single layer twill reinforcement ala CCM 6100 style. The team issued jerseys are 2 layer twill strap reinforcements.

If you are a 100% stickler for accuracy and cant stand small detail differences or imperfections stick to game worn jerseys.

I am finding more and more often i have no interest participating on the forum to the same extent as i once did due to vast amounts of off topic rambling and bs. Its really unfortunate but what can one do.

For the benefit of the hobby if you have a personal issue just PM. Dont waste space with nonsense.

MPF24, I recommend taking some nice pictures of it and posting it in the "official trade thread". In my experience, there seems to be quite a few Rangers fans here that actually do wear such a small jersey, and they may have a 1.0 to trade, or may reimburse you. Girardi is a very sought-after player, so I'm sure you'll find a new home for it, while not losing near as much cash as you spent. I can tell you right now, if that was a size 56-58, I'd want it. Good luck.

What i find interesting in all this is that there is countless threads/posts of people asking how 1.0 fit compared to 2.0, how they differ, what size should I wear in one if I wear X in the other. At the end of the day it's your money and you have every right to be satisfied with what you are purchasing, but that being said spending close to $400 without really knowing what you are getting seems a little strange. I know before i dump any amount of money I make sure what I'm purchasing is what I want. Now you probably have teh same problem as me and have no retailers that sell NHL jerseys other then premiers near you but that being said there are many different fascets to try one. Most retailers allow for free returns/exchanges within X amount of days as long as they aren't customized, sure it sucks to have to order something, wait, if you like it then get it customized, but thats 10x better then spending $375 on something you severelly regret. Also another option is if you live near a CHL or AHL team the teams store should have authentics (my small town QMJHL team does) which are all 2.0 and could go there to try one on and see what you think.

Again not trying to bash or put down anyones opinions but before you spend that kind of $$ you gotta do your do diligence and can't go by a bunch of people on a forum that rave about a certain version of a jersey cause everybody isn't cut the same way and there is always people that don't like what others do.

What i find interesting in all this is that there is countless threads/posts of people asking how 1.0 fit compared to 2.0, how they differ, what size should I wear in one if I wear X in the other. At the end of the day it's your money and you have every right to be satisfied with what you are purchasing, but that being said spending close to $400 without really knowing what you are getting seems a little strange. I know before i dump any amount of money I make sure what I'm purchasing is what I want. Now you probably have teh same problem as me and have no retailers that sell NHL jerseys other then premiers near you but that being said there are many different fascets to try one. Most retailers allow for free returns/exchanges within X amount of days as long as they aren't customized, sure it sucks to have to order something, wait, if you like it then get it customized, but thats 10x better then spending $375 on something you severelly regret. Also another option is if you live near a CHL or AHL team the teams store should have authentics (my small town QMJHL team does) which are all 2.0 and could go there to try one on and see what you think.

Again not trying to bash or put down anyones opinions but before you spend that kind of $$ you gotta do your do diligence and can't go by a bunch of people on a forum that rave about a certain version of a jersey cause everybody isn't cut the same way and there is always people that don't like what others do.

Excellent post! I wouldn’t drop $400 on a customized jersey and be concerned about whether it’s going to fit or not, and have no recourse if it didn’t meet my expectations. With the potential for returning the jerseys for credit, even paying the return shipping, you could order a range of blanks to try each one on and make the decision. Or, as suggested, go to the proshop of a local team and try some on. Only then, make the commitment for the customized jersey in the exact size and model (1.0 or 2.0) that you want. Maybe finding a 1.0 now could be difficult; I’ll grant you that.

For what it’s worth, I’ve found that my own upper limit is a Size 56 in a 2.0, and lower limit is a 54 in a 1.0. The 56 (2.0) is loose but comfortable in the shoulders and chest, but geez, it’s a hockey jersey. It’s supposed to look like that, with everyone understanding that you’re not wearing pads underneath.

I am with you here. I get some people actually want to be like Mike Green and prefer 1.0s, but all the available and answers to questions asked should have been enough to give a reasonable expectation of 2.0s.

So a little while back I bit the bullet and bought a new 2.0 from IJ and got it customized (Dan Girardi) and it just arrived and I have to say, I hate the 2.0s. It feels like garbage compared to the 1.0s and it's not half as nice looking either. Also the cut is pretty terrible, IMO. I literally like everything about the 1.0s 100x better. If I had realized how large of a downgrade the 2.0 was from the 1.0, I'd have just got an Indo-Edge (on sale for $130 at Amazon, at the time of my purchase, instead of the $300 from IJ). Having now tried on the Indo-Edge and the 2.0, I can honestly say the difference in quality is VASTLY overstated and the 2.0 just feels like a double thick Indo. I'm very unhappy that there's no alternative and no real way to get the 1.0s anymore (and that I spend $375 on something so mediocre).

Agreed. The 1.0 Vector logo above the player's name looks much better (IMHO) than the 2.0 Reebok wordmark. Just sayin'

This seems like a pretty immature and unnecessary response to me. Was I buying a "fitted fashion top" when I shelled out $300+ for several 1.0s that I loved? I'm not entitled to an opinion, or there is something implied about what kind of fan I am or something, because I am disappointed in the changes from the 1.0 to the 2.0, and the amount of money I just spent? I'm going to go ahead and say the opinion you're expressing is a lot less needed here than the one I am.

Any jersey collector has a bit of OCD anyway. It's also got to do with an apparent "grow up already; you are a grown man" syndrome where somehow a person feels an affinity to a player because they have a game-worn jersey or wears a customized Edge 2.0 while watching the game--"hey I'm on the team" mentality. Very immature IMHO.

What you're saying, is that you don't actually want what the players wear on the ice. Hence the fashion jersey comment. And yes, that was a bit of a snipe, however, its accurate. You are disappointed that the retail on-ice authentic jersey Reebok now offers actually fits the same as the pro jersey. I get that. But don't lose sight of the fact that Reebok was criticized for years (and by many on this site) for not offering the actual jersey they wear on the ice at retail. Now they do. And you're disappointed that it fits like a real hockey jersey. Allow me to find your criticism a bit ironic.

Yes, the 1.0 was better for you fit wise. I got that too.

And to answer your other question, the 1.0 was very short lived by the majority of the players because they hated it for the very same reasons that you like it. It is too form fitting and tight in the areas that you (as a fan in the stands) seem to like it. The 2.0 has been in use for years in the NHL and Reebok continued to sell the 1.0 and then the Indo-edge as the authentics because for them, they didn't really care whether they actually offered the same jersey as the players were wearing on the ice. Most people didn't care or know the difference. Collectors and guys who were serious about getting the exact same jerseys (the 2.0s) had a much tougher time getting them if they wanted to. Now Reebok is offering the 2.0 at retail. And yeah, its a fuller cut. And yeah, you like the slimmer fit. I got that too.

Guys, don't forget the extra line of stitching in the fight strap twill piece that is a tell-tale characteristic of team-issued 2.0s. The retail 2.0s do NOT have this feature. So why even bother buying a retail 2.0 since it is NOT the same thing the players are wearing on the ice?