eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

So OK. In all honesty if you found an authentic barber pole hawks jersey at a garage sale for $10 knowing it fetches $300+ you telling us that you would be OK selling it for $35 because it helps the community of collectors?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not talking about 1 or 2 jerseys for ####'s sake.....

Edited by Of Senators and Kings

Keeping your customers happy is beneficial for continued business. Customer service 101. Not arguing that sometimes "limit per customer" has a marketing side effect when they advertise that there is "LIMIT 1 PER PERSON, HURRY NOW"... but many times it is not advertised but rather fine print and therefore not a marketing ploy. As usual, nice try guam. Any more hyper aggressive retorts or can we put this one to bed now?

It isn't a marketing side-effect, it's a well-known marketing strategy. It's all about getting traffic to their storefront. You are even more narcissistic than I am if you think they are doing it to protect you and keep you happy. Anymore passive aggressive retorts before mom drives you out to the mall?

You have me in a state of perpetual facepalming. Congrats big boy.

In the simplistic, black and white world guam lives in there is one reason for anything, and naturally that cause is the one certified and approved by himself. Any level headed child with an average IQ could understand how both what I said and you have said could be true. But as usual you have proven to be a colossal waste of time to try and reason with.

It isn't a marketing side-effect, it's a well-known marketing strategy. It's all about getting traffic to their storefront. You are even more narcissistic than I am if you think they are doing it to protect you and keep you happy. Anymore passive aggressive retorts before mom drives you out to the mall?

I tried explaining this kind of stuff to him too. Even when everyone here is telling him he's wrong and not one person has come to support his asinine claims, he just thinks he's smarter than everyone.

I'd give up if I were you.

Edited by dsl135

dsl, all you did was call me out as bitter for missing out on a sale. You haven't given any educated response to my example of price-fixing and market manipulation. You guys get your panties in a twist whenever someone threatens your own dealings and then use clannish, low class one liners to try and come out as the bigger men. Please.

At this point, I'd advise that anyone who wants to entertain the idea of trying to have a conversation with Of Senators and Kings to just watch this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_8knBHEyw

Exact same effect.

Notice i'm not pressing the issue. guam brought this discussion back yet suddenly i'm the enemy of equanimity. Just speaks to the culture and character of some of the guys here. Keep posting family guy videos as your rebuttal, really astute.

I tried explaining this kind of stuff to him too. Even when everyone here is telling him he's wrong and not one person has come to support his asinine claims, he just thinks he's smarter than everyone.

I'd give up if I were you.

Next thing you know he's going to be arguing that posting a reply after 3 hours is thread necromancing.

Ah, the IJ BULLENTIN BOARD... buncha meanies!

Ah, the IJ BULLENTIN BOARD... buncha meanies!

Bunch of ex ebayers hanging out, talking about jerseys. Obama owns eBay.

Next thing you know he's going to be arguing that posting a reply after 3 hours is thread necromancing.

Uh, no. The argument was clearly over but you just couldn't just let it lie. You are way too puerile and childish to do something like that. You want to stir it up, admit it.

You guys are a bunch of a******* for forcing him to reply when he already called dibs on having the last word. #classless :noway:

You guys are a bunch of a******* for forcing him to reply when he already called dibs on having the last word. #classless :noway:

tumblr_m6l5d6zpuD1qkkga8o1_500.jpg

Easily illustrates your mentality. Everything is about having the "last word"...not about just letting it alone and moving on....

dsl, all you did was call me out as bitter for missing out on a sale. You haven't given any educated response to my example of price-fixing and market manipulation. You guys get your panties in a twist whenever someone threatens your own dealings and then use clannish, low class one liners to try and come out as the bigger men. Please.

Technically, I'm the one who pointed out that you're bitter about missing the sale.

Regarding the rest of your statement, I'm pretty confident you have no idea what price fixing is or how it works, but buying things on the cheap and re-selling them ain't it. Ditto for market manipulation. Google is your friend.

My panties are fine. You didn't threaten anyone's dealings, because all you did was express an opinion that nobody has to listen to. You have no power to threaten anyone's dealings, much like the rest of us buying 2 or 3 or 10 jerseys isn't going to have any significant impact on the market, other than the late comers getting closed out of the sale price.

And you were the one who tried to declare that there was nothing else to say, so you were the one concerned about having the last word. That's what Guam Jagr Jr. was pointing out, you even bolded that part and obviously had no idea what he was talking about.

On the lighter side, I love the phrase "thread necromancy", I am totally using that on the other forums I frequent.

Regarding the rest of your statement, I'm pretty confident you have no idea what price fixing is or how it works, but buying things on the cheap and re-selling them ain't it. Ditto for market manipulation. Google is your friend.

Pretty confident you are trying really hard to discredit my position to the point where you are all talk and no bite. Anyone can say "You don't know anything, google is your friend." It takes a ounce of intelligence and maturity to confront my position with a counter-argument. Explain how i'm wrong, elaborate. Otherwise it's all just fluff.

Reading comprehension is an issue with several members here from what i've discovered. This is the post that caused such enormous backlash:

"There is a reason many retail outlets hold limits per customer, especially when sought-after items go on sale over 50% off. KG is only selling 1 jersey, but imagine someone comes along and buys the whole stock and sells them for exactly what they were listed pre-sale or more. That's when it becomes a problem."

That is a problem for anyone trying to get a break on that sale.

My panties are fine. You didn't threaten anyone's dealings, because all you did was express an opinion that nobody has to listen to. You have no power to threaten anyone's dealings, much like the rest of us buying 2 or 3 or 10 jerseys isn't going to have any significant impact on the market, other than the late comers getting closed out of the sale price.

Really? Check again. You've all obviously taken offense at my otherwise reasonable, if opinionated post. Not only that but you guys hurl insults my way, degrade and trivialize my position and in summary act like a bunch of baboons at a zoo...why? Because I said if it'd be a problem for genuine buyers if someone with the cash came along and effectively shut down the sale?

You are arguing for the sake of arguing.

And you were the one who tried to declare that there was nothing else to say, so you were the one concerned about having the last word. That's what Guam Jagr Jr. was pointing out, you even bolded that part and obviously had no idea what he was talking about.

Um, no. You cannot just totally flame me, disregard my argument with a cheap response like "Yep, he's bitter." and then act like i'm harassing you guys for responding.

I know perfectly well he's talking about, and the fact that he think's i'm that petty is just a reflection of his own personality. He loves having the last laugh so much that he expects and interprets the same of others.

I couldn't care less who has the last word because ultimately this isn't even a discussion. You guys are just stroking each other's egos and making this forum an ugly place to give an opinion over 1 comment I made. Seriously?

Agree to disagree?

It's not like anything we say will change things lol

Can we just do what's mentioned in the boldface?

I'm going to amend my statement from last week

Is it just me, or has eBay this F-ing thread shared a striking resemblance with a dumpster fire these past couple of weeks?

and I'm going to leave this link here. http://www.ebay.com/sch/HockeyNHL-/73420/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=game+worn+jersey

All of you. Go through it, find some nice shirts, and buy them if the price is reasonable to you. The MGG summer sale is also about a month away, so let's stop the flaming and let's get back to the shirts. I have my opinions on the economics of sports memorabilia, but at the risk of getting flamed, I won't even bother.

Edited by AngeloS76

Technically, I'm the one who pointed out that you're bitter about missing the sale.

On the lighter side, I love the phrase "thread necromancy", I am totally using that on the other forums I frequent.

Well said. I was going to point out that I wasn't the one who called him bitter, but facts don't matter.

Edited by dsl135

Pretty confident you are trying really hard to discredit my position to the point where you are all talk and no bite. Anyone can say "You don't know anything, google is your friend." It takes a ounce of intelligence and maturity to confront my position with a counter-argument. Explain how i'm wrong, elaborate. Otherwise it's all just fluff.

Reading comprehension is an issue with several members here from what i've discovered. This is the post that caused such enormous backlash:

"There is a reason many retail outlets hold limits per customer, especially when sought-after items go on sale over 50% off. KG is only selling 1 jersey, but imagine someone comes along and buys the whole stock and sells them for exactly what they were listed pre-sale or more. That's when it becomes a problem."

That is a problem for anyone trying to get a break on that sale.

Really? Check again. You've all obviously taken offense at my otherwise reasonable, if opinionated post. Not only that but you guys hurl insults my way, degrade and trivialize my position and in summary act like a bunch of baboons at a zoo...why? Because I said if it'd be a problem for genuine buyers if someone with the cash came along and effectively shut down the sale?

You are arguing for the sake of arguing.

Um, no. You cannot just totally flame me, disregard my argument with a cheap response like "Yep, he's bitter." and then act like i'm harassing you guys for responding.

I know perfectly well he's talking about, and the fact that he think's i'm that petty is just a reflection of his own personality. He loves having the last laugh so much that he expects and interprets the same of others.

I couldn't care less who has the last word because ultimately this isn't even a discussion. You guys are just stroking each other's egos and making this forum an ugly place to give an opinion over 1 comment I made. Seriously?

You are using phrases without knowing what they mean. Price fixing requires collusion between multiple sellers to set a uniform selling price. Market manipulation refers to multiple different ways of artificially inflating the value of stock. Neither are applicable to the purchasing of jerseys for cheap and re-selling them, you used them to try to sound intelligent. Maybe you could explain how either of those economic terms have any applicability to the instant situation. In fact, if it had any effect at all, it could actually lover the price because the supply would be increased. More would potentially be available on eBay, while demand would remain the same. That could result in the market value being pushed down. If one seller bought them all and only offered them one at a time, it would have zero effect on the market price.

I haven't taken offense to your opinion, everyone has one. I only pointed out that yours has no basis in fact. Which in turn is MY opinion, to which I am equally entitled.

I didn't harass you for responding at all. This is an Internet forum, that's what you do. But where you accuse people of trying to have the last word after stating there was nothing more to say in the issue, it's kind of hypocritical.

Your actual opinion is that it sucks when a buyer buys all the cheap jerseys to re-sell when you want one to keep. That part is accurate. But it's the way of the world, and if one wants to buy jerseys to re-sell, or to wash their car with, it's none of your business. Some people actually make their entire living doing so.

Oh, and I Wasn't stroking dsl's ego, I'd never stroke a Flyers fan.

:)

Edited by mfitz804

Oh, and I Wasn't stroking dsl's ego, I'd never stroke a Flyers fan.

:)

Nor I a Devils fan! Haha, although the mental image just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit!