eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

For a little perspective, a pro version tagged with Vanbiesbrouck...100% accurately too which is very odd...sold on eBay a few months ago for more than what I paid for a game-worn one back in 2007. They are, without a doubt, the rarest of the TBTC's and the most difficult Rangers jersey there is to find.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch!

I don't think I've ever seen a blank for sale before, but you can bet it would go for a lot more than $199...I'd say anywhere from $400 to $800

Yeah, the blanks are harder to come by. They're usually incorrectly customized with either Messier or Leetch. Besides that one, I've seen one. It was BNWT and went for over $500 about 5 or 6 years ago. I remember being in the hunt until it hit $400 and then I bowed out.

Essentially, there are three game-worn Rangers jerseys that us Rangers fans covet above all else: 1994 Stanley Cup Finals, 1993-94 road blue with All-Star patch and 1991-92 TBTC ones. I am extremely fortunate enough to have two of those three and I know for a fact that most other Rangers collectors cannot make that claim.

wow. I knew the TBTC stuff was sought after, but what makes the Rangers ones so highly sought after? Limited releases compared to the Hawks, Leafs, etc?

I have always been intrigued by the TBTC 75th Ultrafils and am looking to learn more about them.

wow. I knew the TBTC stuff was sought after, but what makes the Rangers ones so highly sought after? Limited releases compared to the Hawks, Leafs, etc?

I have always been intrigued by the TBTC 75th Ultrafils and am looking to learn more about them.

Rangers are hard to find......I guess there were less of them out there than the Leafs/Hawks/Wings/Bruins.

Rangers and Habs are the harder to get, but the Rangers moreso than the Habs.

I can't speak to why, but that is the way it is.....my inability to secure a Rangers or Habs TBTC is why I got rid of my TBTC jerseys (I used to have the other 4).

Now I just have a blank Leafs TBTC left.

Yeah, the blanks are harder to come by. They're usually incorrectly customized with either Messier or Leetch. Besides that one, I've seen one. It was BNWT and went for over $500 about 5 or 6 years ago. I remember being in the hunt until it hit $400 and then I bowed out.

Essentially, there are three game-worn Rangers jerseys that us Rangers fans covet above all else: 1994 Stanley Cup Finals, 1993-94 road blue with All-Star patch and 1991-92 TBTC ones. I am extremely fortunate enough to have two of those three and I know for a fact that most other Rangers collectors cannot make that claim.

Just curious- where would one try to procure a '94 SCF gamer and (on average) how much would it end up setting you back? Or, more specifically, how scarce are they?

For some MORE perspective on that, I spoke with Barry Meisel last September while at the warehouse and he told me that he had recently sold a Rangers white Stanley Cup jersey worn in Game 7 by Brian Noonan for the princely sum of.....$25,000.

Yes. Twenty-five thousand dollars.

For some MORE perspective on that, I spoke with Barry Meisel last September while at the warehouse and he told me that he had recently sold a Rangers white Stanley Cup jersey worn in Game 7 by Brian Noonan for the princely sum of.....$25,000.

Yes. Twenty-five thousand dollars.

Yeah, but that's kind of expected, no? I mean it is Brian Noonan....Messier probably more, but Richter, Leetch, Noonan, Graves, Kovalev...yeah, I'd say all about $25k for those guys.

Rangers are hard to find......I guess there were less of them out there than the Leafs/Hawks/Wings/Bruins.

Rangers and Habs are the harder to get, but the Rangers moreso than the Habs.

I can't speak to why, but that is the way it is.....my inability to secure a Rangers or Habs TBTC is why I got rid of my TBTC jerseys (I used to have the other 4).

Now I just have a blank Leafs TBTC left.

That right there happens to be why i got rid of my TBTC's. I set out to get one from each team and when i watched that Rangers tbtc sell for $700+ back in April i decided it was time to move on.

I think it's expected but only because of the moment that it was worn in.

Oh, literal Mike.

That right there happens to be why i got rid of my TBTC's. I set out to get one from each team and when i watched that Rangers tbtc sell for $700+ back in April i decided it was time to move on.

Me too...got up to 4 -

2994129970105778501YLXIAw_th.jpg

But then saw that HawksFanInDC and Tazer19 needed 27 each of the Hawks TBTC, and knew I was SOL on the Rangers, so sold the other 4.

I miss the Gilmour, though :unsure:

I love the fact that, no matter what you do to them, you'll never ever get those wrinkles out because they were stuffed in a trunk at Rye Playland for about 15 years! My Amonte looks just like that.

Did CCM do a Vintage replica version of the Rangers TBTC like they did with the Red Wings?

qriv6o.jpg

Wouldn't be able to afford an authentic any time soon - replica would do for the mean time.

This has to be the best deal on a game worn jersey :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kings vintage jersey 2012 Finals worn by celebrity in Cup winning game 6

This has to be the best deal on a game worn jersey :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kings vintage jersey 2012 Finals worn by celebrity in Cup winning game 6

"This jersey was worn by a celebrity, who was celebrating with the Kings after they won game 6 and trully one in a kind and part of the hockey history. "

WTF is that? God I hate that crazy B!

WTF is that? God I hate that crazy B!

I take it you've heard about that eBayer's reputation through the Gameworn forum?

I love the fact that, no matter what you do to them, you'll never ever get those wrinkles out because they were stuffed in a trunk at Rye Playland for about 15 years! My Amonte looks just like that.

They were at an amusement park?

Yes sir. Rye Playland used to be the Rangers practice facility up until a few years ago. The jerseys were stored away in a trunk somewhere after the season and weren't found until 2000 or so. That's why all the game-worn ones have that severe wrinkle to them.

I take it you've heard about that eBayer's reputation through the Gameworn forum?

Holly crap I didn't pay attention to the username. I met this A-holle once. This guy kept on BSing how he has all these game worn IIHF jerseys and how he has all these kovalchuk gamers(fake). He wouldn't stop calling and trying to sell me those ###### jerseys.