eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/fraud-sports-memorabilia-dealer-bradley-wells-tells-fbi-prominent-card-companies-knew-jerseys-fakes-article-1.1159317

A sports memorabilia dealer who pleaded guilty to mail fraud last week told the FBI he sold bogus game-used jerseys to the most prominent trading card manufacturers in the business — and the card companies, which cut up the garments and insert swathes of cloth into premium cards, were in on the scam, fully aware that they were passing along fake collectibles to consumers.

Bradley Wells told agents that buyers from Panini America, Upper Deck and Topps knew they were purchasing phony game-used jerseys to insert in the premium cards, which means thousands of collectors who thought they were buying collectibles that linked them directly to their favorite athletes may have been deceived.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jersey Baron just posted white Kings 7287s on eBay. All sizes, $324.99

They're retails but they seem to have a double twill layer fight strap attachment. Or at least that's what's in the picture.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pittsburgh-Penguins-Game-Worn-Jersey-/251487479057?nma=true&si=%252FG218F1h1nCbO4O87lIJtvwhoQw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Anyone here win this? Bid on it but just didn't have the money right now, pretty jealous of whoever picked it up.

My lord... Have we seen this one before? Regardless, it deserves another go

http://bit.ly/QJH9cx

Just your typical china fake

They really seem to be getting worse though, don't they? It's almost as if they know idiots are going to buy them regardless and "quality" has gone out the window.

They seem to really struggle with that wordmark, lol

They really seem to be getting worse though, don't they? It's almost as if they know idiots are going to buy them regardless and "quality" has gone out the window.

They seem to really struggle with that wordmark, lol

I personally love the inside "RBK" strip... it doesn't even say that... it says "FDF"... the hell is that!?

That will be slightly awkward if he sells it in two places...

Nice detective work

I'm having a hard time figuring this out just by eyeing it.

Can anybody help me confirm whether these Senators Heritage 2.0's put up by Jersey Baron use the proper elongated font, or are using the Senators third jersey font that the replica Heritage Classic jerseys had.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KARLSSON-OTTAWA-SENATORS-2014-HERITAGE-CLASSIC-PRO-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-7287-JERSEY-/291117070024?pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel&var=&hash=item43c7edf6c8

Thanks.

edit: It looks off to me, but it might be a case of the jerseys being different sizes.

Jerseybaron 2.0:
$_57.JPG

gameworn:
karlsson_1024x1024.jpg?v=1394770134

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck

The numbers are slightly off. Look close at the sleeve numbers on the game worn and you will see how the numbers are more open and the jerseybaron jersey has a thicker red outline in those areas.

The back numbers are slightly off as well. The game worn has more of an opening on the bottom part of the 6 and on the 5 as well

Also the name on the game worn looks smaller

The Jersey Baron one just looks thicker with the base numbers and the letters.

Also, the gamer looks like the numbers are vintage white/cream whereas Jersey Baron's look just regular white.

The Jersey Baron one just looks thicker with the base numbers and the letters.

Also, the gamer looks like the numbers are vintage white/cream whereas Jersey Baron's look just regular white.

Totally concur. I love JB for his selection but I think his customization entirely accurate.

Totally concur. I love JB for his selection but I think his customization entirely accurate.

I think you meant to have a "don't" in there :thumbsup:

I would assume all his customization is done at the same place. Since it's not the team customizer there will be variations. You can imagine the p.i.t.a it would be to send all his stuff to all the different places.

I would assume all his customization is done at the same place. Since it's not the team customizer there will be variations. You can imagine the p.i.t.a it would be to send all his stuff to all the different places.

None of the factory customized Premier Heritage jerseys used the correct font. There was also an issue with people buying "stitched" jerseys via pre-order from the Senators store, but everybody ended up getting heat pressed jerseys.

I would assume that all the "official" kits from places like Stahls for the Heritage jersey must be wrong, and done using the third jersey font.

There was a member here who picked up a Spezza authentic from the Senators store and had an issue with the font being incorrect, but was apparently able to get it exchanged/fixed with the right font by the Senators store. That would lead me to believe that the only way to get the correct font would be to deal with it directly through the Senators store, and specifically ask for it.

It's alright on replicas, but it's a shame to see a $400 dollar jersey with the wrong font. It's not Jersey Baron's fault if it's Reebok's NHLPA kits that are wrong. But you think there'd be more pride taken by the NHL and Reebok in a $400 collector's product.

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck

I think you meant to have a "don't" in there :thumbsup:

lol. Totally. I posted that after getting up at 4:45 this morning to go to my daughter's dance competition. Which lasted from 7am-2pm. Thank God I'm relaxing at the Rangers game now.....d'oh!!

It's alright on replicas, but it's a shame to see a $400 dollar jersey with the wrong font. It's not Jersey Baron's fault if it's Reebok's NHLPA kits that are wrong. But you think there'd be more pride taken by the NHL and Reebok in a $400 collector's product.

They don't care. All they see is $$ and nothing else