eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

I never knew that before... that's a really cool feature.

Yeah. It's pretty awesome. I was actually shocked the first time I bought one. I also got a Mighty Ducks alt.(the black 6100 one) and thought it was cool when the logo actually had a fluffy, "feathery" type of material.

These little things make some jerseys so interesting.

Edited by thebiggoalie

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious but what is the issue(s) with that Gretzky jersey? Looks kinda wonky to me but I just want to learn about these things with Rangers jerseys

It's a common faked starter with a "set 2" tag.

The double tagged Starter Gretzky one of the most common pre-Edge fakes out there.

Check out these two posts or search for "fake gretzky" for info on what's wrong with it.

It's not a faked, it was a special edition jersey they sold that year, I believe it was special for his retirement. So while it's not a real team issued it was sold by the team

Edited by aroomadoomie

Good to know and thanks!

It's not a faked, it was a special edition jersey they sold that year, I believe it was special for his retirement. So while it's not a real team issued it was sold by the team

Let me guess, that listing is yours :)

No its not mine, have seen the same jersey posted a few times, almost bought one but had to research the story behind the tag. There should be a thread on some other jersey if you search gretzky season whatever set 2

There should be a thread on some other jersey if you search gretzky season whatever set 2

Ain't nobody got time for the "search" button!

So the team decided to sell a jersey that was made of the wrong material in colors that were off with a fake fight strap, customized incorrectly using fake twill, with the wrong font for the team name, and a fake set tag?

Makes complete sense, thank you for sharing this with us so we can all learn from your experience. :rolleyes:

That Rangers is as fake as it comes!

The team don't issue set tags unless its an actual gamer!

its not the correct hem tags or fight strap.

ITS FAKE!

Do some homework guys, d@mn

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=2;t=001460

Edited by aroomadoomie

What does that have to do with an obvious eBay fake?

If i am mistaken I am sorry but I thought it was the one described in the thread I posted. I know it's not a real gamer or team issued but I thought it was a legit authentic. Must have missed a detail as I am not knowledgeable about pre-edge jerseys. Sorry for the confusion

Edited by aroomadoomie

Did Rangers' Starter gamers EVER have the player name sewn on the inside back collar? I've only seen that on Gretzky listings which I'm pretty sure were all fakes.

If i am mistaken I am sorry but I thought it was the kne described in the thread I posted. Know it's jot a real gamer or team issued but I thought it was a legit authentic. Must have missed a detail as I am not knowledgeable about pretty edge jerseys

There were two links that provided specific details as to why the jersey on eBay is a fake, but instead you of actually reading them and improve your knowledge of pre-Edge jerseys, you seemed intent on trying to rub our noses in it. How'd that work out for you?

Did Rangers' Starter gamers EVER have the player name sewn on the inside back collar? I've only seen that on Gretzky listings which I'm pretty sure were all fakes.

Actually they did for some of Gretzky's Ranger gamers. Here's an old listing on MeiGray for white Liberty Gretzky GI that they couldn't use because of the 3-color name issue with the league. And here's a navy Libery Gretzky gamer from gamewornauctions.net where you can just barely see the tag.

With all the customizations to Gretzky's jerseys (double hem tagged, velcro for the tuck, etc.) it's not surprising they specially tagged them on the neck for him.

Do some homework guys, ######

I'm going to assume you said something negative to us here, while knowing full well you weren't entirely correct about the facts and just wanted attention.

We are friends here, and as such, we try to help eachother with information, online sales, and deals amongst ourselves to enhance our collections.

You've offered nothing but incorrect information, being extremely impatient and admittedly "lazy", avoiding all of our kind advice, and even possibly offering to steal our jerseys to take to a customization company you had nothing positive to say about.

You seem to really be going out if your way to avoid making friends here.

I may not know the answers to the questions you have, but I know how to use a search button or politely ask for help.

I did not call you anything I said a not even bad expletive starting with d, as for the jersey stealing that was me genuinely trying to help people out. Some had said waits up to 3 months from them and while I don't like them others seen to and I was trying to help them with shorter waits.