eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

Also i seriously thought this was the right explanation. Now I tried to apologize and you just tried to throw it back in my face

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys im reelly sorry im offering to take ur jerzees to triple threat sports as a piece offering

Also i seriously thought this was the right explanation. Now I tried to apologize and you just tried to throw it back in my face

Funny how your "Sorry for the confusion" line didn't show up til you edited the post 3 hours later.

Maybe you should have actually read the link you posted and paid attention to this line:

As Milt and many others have said, it's important to do your homework, and important not to relay information without knowing all the facts.

The sorry for the confusion line was added because apparently it was not understand that I was apologizing after I put sorry in the first line

only a matter of time until the fakers started to capitalize on those jerseys popularity. Fake BK's next.

I wonder if the fakes will make the actual replicas go up or down in value? Still don't understand the obsession with those.

Logically one would think the replica prices would go down since the causal person won't care that it is a fake. All the casual person will see is a cheaper jersey.

Wasn't this just listed on the board a week ago for under a hundred?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141270431554?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Looks familiar. If it is that's why sometimes when people get deals on here, all they are looking for is to flip it.

The knock off Wild Wing jerseys have been around for at least a few months. There was one linked here on eBay a while back. A quick google search shows many wholesale sites selling them.

They'll probably flood eBay eventually, and go back down to what usual fakes sell for on eBay. It'll probably mean that legit Wild Wing jerseys start to go for less at auction, but probably still do decently when being sold via Buy It Now.

If you have a legit one you've been thinking of selling, it's probably better to do it sooner rather than later.

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck

This seller has some pretty good prices on 1.0's: http://www.ebay.com/sch/jflames83/m.html?item=121331101559&hash=item1c3fe5af77&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I'm not an expert regarding determining fakes but my instincts tell me these are real.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEINER-Certified-MARK-MESSIER-Auto-New-York-RANGERS-Authentic-LIBERTY-Jersey-/321395953197?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item4ad4b10e2d

"Retired players cost a bit more to customize." ???

May or may not be a fair price for an authentic signed Liberty (even if Messier was gone for Vancouver when that specific one was worn), but that sentence caught my eye...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEINER-Certified-MARK-MESSIER-Auto-New-York-RANGERS-Authentic-LIBERTY-Jersey-/321395953197?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item4ad4b10e2d

"Retired players cost a bit more to customize." ???

May or may not be a fair price for an authentic signed Liberty (even if Messier was gone for Vancouver when that specific one was worn), but that sentence caught my eye...

He may have edited the listing, but I don't see that quote anywhere in it...

Yes. He had a text listing that he updated to HTML and changed the content.

I think he also upped the price but I'm not positive.

Just had a weird experience with eBay.

I won an auction exactly a week ago and paid the same day but hadn't heard anything from the seller. No big deal often I won't hear anything, then the package arrives and all is well. Anyway, eBay's estimated delivery date was two days ago, so I decided to message the seller to see if they had any shipping/tracking information so I'd know when to expect it.

When I go to send the message to the seller, I selected what I thought was the most appropriate choice "I haven't received my item yet". I fill out the form and nicely ask the seller if they've shipped the item yet, if so do they have tracking info, if not can they let me know when it ships. I submit the form and realize eBay has take the unnecessary step (at this point) of automatically opening a case on my behalf against the seller. Now the seller has 4 days to respond to me or I win a default judgement.

I didn't want any of that - I'm sure the seller was just busy and didn't mail the item out. I just wanted to send them a note, but eBay jumped the gun and now I look like an a-hole. I sent the seller a follow up message letting them know I just wanted tracking information, that it was eBay that opened the case automatically. Just sucks that now things have escalated to a point they'd probably never need to, just because eBay chose to do so automatically.

I know if a buyer did this to me and I hadn't shipped the item out yet, I'd be ticked. I'd probably just immediately send them a refund and block them from any of my future auctions.

Edited by akteon

Just had a weird experience with eBay.

I won an auction exactly a week ago and paid the same day but hadn't heard anything from the seller. No big deal often I won't hear anything, then the package arrives and all is well. Anyway, eBay's estimated delivery date was two days ago, so I decided to message the seller to see if they had any shipping/tracking information so I'd know when to expect it.

When I go to send the message to the seller, I selected what I thought was the most appropriate choice "I haven't received my item yet". I fill out the form and nicely ask the seller if they've shipped the item yet, if so do they have tracking info, if not can they let me know when it ships. I submit the form and realize eBay has take the unnecessary step (at this point) of automatically opening a case on my behalf against the seller. Now the seller has 4 days to respond to me or I win a default judgement.

I didn't want any of that - I'm sure the seller was just busy and didn't mail the item out. I just wanted to send them a note, but eBay jumped the gun and now I look like an a-hole. I sent the seller a follow up message letting them know I just wanted tracking information, that it was eBay that opened the case automatically. Just sucks that now things have escalated to a point they'd probably never need to, just because eBay chose to do so automatically.

I know if a buyer did this to me and I hadn't shipped the item out yet, I'd be ticked. I'd probably just immediately send them a refund and block them from any of my future auctions.

That seems really odd... Are you sure you didn't accidentally click "Resolve a problem"? You had just clicked "Contact seller" and sent your message, and then it opened a case?

That's extremely odd.