eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

That seems really odd... Are you sure you didn't accidentally click "Resolve a problem"? You had just clicked "Contact seller" and sent your message, and then it opened a case?

That's extremely odd.

I know I didn't click on "Resolve a problem" ... after I happened I followed the steps again (clicking "Contact Seller") with another item I'd won (didn't submit this time) and looked exactly the same. From what I can tell, if it's after eBay's estimated delivery date, it seems to automatically open a case.

The only odd thing when I was filling out the Contact Seller form was that it prompted me for my phone number (optional). I thought that was maybe something new they added recently. Frankly I do a lot more selling than buying on eBay these days, so I thought maybe I just hadn't seen that "feature" before.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similar issue where someone won something I was selling, didn't pay, I sent a few messages/invoices, and it automatically opened a case after a few days.

Happened to me too, a few months ago actually. Even though there was a problem with the item, I felt I had to apologize to the seller because I didn't want her to think I opened a case without at least trying to work things out first.

Edited by LAK74

I had the same thing happen when I tried to contact a seller when an item arrived damaged. It automatically redirected me to opening a case when I chose one of the options for contact seller that you could open a case for.

LMAO, that's what happens when you buy fakes!

Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...

Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These f-ing amateurs...

I would buy every last one of them if I could lol

Not the toes... At least not those ones...

Edited by FlyersFan376

umm ... this is from Panini's blog ... so I'm guessing it's real ...

panini-america-2012-13-prime-hockey-prim

From what I read it's the ties, litterally just the string, that are the only thing they are claiming are game worn. Also they did say they all weren't game worn in an NHL game.

I mean it's not as bad as cutting up a gamer, if all they are doing is taking the lace-up neck string off and selling it on a card. If someone's into that I guess more power to them. I think it's just kinda silly.

At this point the guy is just blowing my mind. I have no idea what his connection is but he can get anything.

His Dad owns CCM/Reebok/Adidas/Whoever else. It's the only feasible explanation.

Just had a weird experience with eBay.

I won an auction exactly a week ago and paid the same day but hadn't heard anything from the seller. No big deal often I won't hear anything, then the package arrives and all is well. Anyway, eBay's estimated delivery date was two days ago, so I decided to message the seller to see if they had any shipping/tracking information so I'd know when to expect it.

When I go to send the message to the seller, I selected what I thought was the most appropriate choice "I haven't received my item yet". I fill out the form and nicely ask the seller if they've shipped the item yet, if so do they have tracking info, if not can they let me know when it ships. I submit the form and realize eBay has take the unnecessary step (at this point) of automatically opening a case on my behalf against the seller. Now the seller has 4 days to respond to me or I win a default judgement.

I didn't want any of that - I'm sure the seller was just busy and didn't mail the item out. I just wanted to send them a note, but eBay jumped the gun and now I look like an a-hole. I sent the seller a follow up message letting them know I just wanted tracking information, that it was eBay that opened the case automatically. Just sucks that now things have escalated to a point they'd probably never need to, just because eBay chose to do so automatically.

I know if a buyer did this to me and I hadn't shipped the item out yet, I'd be ticked. I'd probably just immediately send them a refund and block them from any of my future auctions.

Had the same issue. Won an auction, received item and contacted the seller to ask a question about it. Ebay opened a case and I ended up apologizing to the seller and closing the fictitious dispute. I have no idea if something changed or if it always worked like this and I never tried it.

From what I've read on eBay's boards, this is a recent change that no one seems to like.

Apparently the only way to not automatically open a case is to select "Other" when messaging a seller about an item you won.

At this point the guy is just blowing my mind. I have no idea what his connection is but he can get anything.

You need to step your game up Danny boy

Beckett auctions is also getting in on the fun of auctioning fakes......but the sig is legit!

http://auctions.beckett.com/Brett-Hull-Autographed-St-Louis-Blues-Jersey-w-PS-LOT615.aspx

I almost grabbed that but wasn't sure of the customization. Those jerseys are beautiful.

For the record, I've recently purchased from that seller and it was a great overall transaction.