eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

They're absolutely basically retail. You'd have to pay tax on the $289.99 price too so that's kind of irrelevant.

Just because one team sells gamers for that price does not mean these are "gamer prices."

And as has been mentioned he is more than willing to work out a deal off eBay to save tons off the "sticker price" on eBay. He is very fair and charges retail. There's nothing wrong with it.

Tax on an item listed at $289.99 = $327.69 CAD.

JB's listed price of $324.99 USD= $352.42 CAD, then adding taxes $398.23 CAD. Plus the shipping fees as JB doesn't offer free shipping like a lot of other retailers= $411.22.

And it's not just the CTC...many other retailers sell 2.0s for $299.99 or less in most cases, meigray has blanks for under $100....Jesus, JB asks $299.99 USD for Florida Panthers size 60 goalie cuts....these prices are not really in touch with reality in some cases.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPEZZA-OTTAWA-SENATORS-AUTHENTIC-AWAY-REEBOK-EDGE-1-0-7187-HOCKEY-JERSEY-SIZE-46-/300737157667?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item460554da23

$299.99 CAD for a size 46 1.0?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALFREDSSON-OTTAWA-SENATORS-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-6100-TEAM-ISSUED-HOCKEY-JERSEY-54-/300963623404?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4612d471ec

$399.99 CAD for a poorly customized 6100?

Retail prices do not mean that any professional outlet can slap a price on an item and that automatically raises their market value. He can get away with charging as much for Toews Hawks or Chara Bruins....but for a 10 year old Sens jersey?

As for his customized offers: $424.99 USD= $460.86 CAD + tax=$520.77 and shipped to me $533.76. Meigray has Jake Muzzin and Alec Matinez GW for $450 I believe. Not the top guys on the team but we are talking retail vs GW here.

He can get away with it mostly because no one else really carries his selection...at least on eBay.

Retail is $300 US. Add 10% for eBay fees and it's $330 which is what he charges for most of his jerseys except rare styles. Frankly, pointing out what ONE place (CTC) sells them for and considering that "retail" is kind of my point. People have been able to snag 2.0's for deals sometimes so now they think that anything priced at the MSRP is "insane" or a "ripoff."

River city is selling 2.0s from $70 for some teams...any sports store in Ottawa would ask $299.99 or less for an authentic, 1.0 or 2.0 because most shops wouldn't know the difference.

So...spending over $400 for a blank shipped to me...where I come from...is high.

Just because one team sells gamers for that price does not mean these are "gamer prices."

Sure it does. It is the price at which I can find and buy a gamer. And besides, the $400-500 mark is pretty standard fare for 3rd/4th line players' game worn, on small fanbase teams they might even be cheaper.

And as has been mentioned he is more than willing to work out a deal off eBay to save tons off the "sticker price" on eBay. He is very fair and charges retail. There's nothing wrong with it

To be honest I don't understand the overzealous defense of his asking prices but the main point of my original post was that some competition would be nice. I even mentioned that he is somewhat reasonable and I have experienced that in my dealings with him BUT, that doesn't mean I should be cozy spending close to $400 in my commie, third-world currency for a friggin' blank that also needs a $50 name-set and application.

Edited by Of Senators and Kings

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for proving my point lol.

I'm not overzealously defending his prices. And yes some competition would be nice.

Sale prices or a lucky find somewhere has skewed people's perceptions to the point that they think he overcharges and the fact is, he does not.

Also, he does offer free shipping, and for the billionth time will lower prices considerably off eBay. He charges retail price. Retail price is $300. That's simply a fact you choose to ignore, like others, which has been my point the whole time. People whine cuz they want what they want, but they want it for cheap.

Edited by dsl135

Thank you for proving my point lol.

I'm not overzealously defending his prices. And yes some competition would be nice.

Sale prices or a lucky find somewhere has skewed people's perceptions to the point that they think he overcharges and the fact is, he does not.

Also, he does offer free shipping, and for the billionth time will lower prices considerably off eBay. He charges retail price. Retail price is $300. That's simply a fact you choose to ignore, like others, which has been my point the whole time. People whine cuz they want what they want, but they want it for cheap.

It sure seems like you are, vilifying anyone who dares question such fair prices. It doesn't take a firesale to prove to someone that this sort of thing IS overpriced:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLORADO-AVALANCHE-HOME-TEAM-ISSUED-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-7287-JERSEY-GOALIE-CUT-60-/291031340759?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43c2d1d6d7

Sale prices seem to come steady enough that it is almost always better to hold out for a good deal if you have the patience.

Maybe that is retail FOR YOU. For me here in Ottawa, $352 before tax for a blank is getting on the silly side. The only person ignoring facts here is you, who doesn't have to pay sales tax off your JB orders and definitely not at 13%. I'm not blaming you for not caring but don't tell me i'm ignoring facts when I wrote a wall of text carefully weighing my point of view. Thanks.

Also, please elaborate your point to me again? Because to me it seems like you are saying "JB is asking bare fare and anyone who says otherwise is a delusional cheapskate."

Yeah...he haggles because he has the room to do it. He has enough sheep buying full price that he can afford losing $40-60 profit on a combined order for 2-3 jerseys from a regular buyer.

Honestly not interested in talking to a wall about this anymore.

Just saying "I'm not ignoring facts, you are" doesn't make it true. Also, posting a wall of text doesn't make half of what you said true either.

You can be one of the people who falsely think he's overpriced. It's no sweat off my back.

Have a good weekend. I'm done discussing this with you.

Edited by dsl135

Lmao. LRS gettin' more delusional it seems.

Haha, I think I looked at it before... it seems to have been edited now.

It said $34,999.99 before right? Now its down to $349.99 (which I actually don't know if that's reasonable or not for a Liberty, I have no concept of knowledge on those).

Haha, I think I looked at it before... it seems to have been edited now.

It said $34,999.99 before right? Now its down to $349.99 (which I actually don't know if that's reasonable or not for a Liberty, I have no concept of knowledge on those).

I paid less for my team-issued 6100 goalie cut Hank.

Prices for jerseys is absurd these days. People just want fair prices for stuff and I don't think $300 for a blank shirt is a "fair" price....

I am with Dan on this one, and you guys know how much I like agreeing with Flyers fans.

It's not like JB has some kind of exclusivity deal with Reebok or something. He is taking a risk to carry all that inventory, which if his prices are actually unfair to the market, then none of his stuff would move and he would have to lower his prices or sit on his inventory. Except the market is willing to pay those prices, it's the "sheep" who are willing to pay those prices that you should be placing your anger at, if at all. Just because Ebay has spoiled people into being able to get some other stuff for considerably less doesn't mean prices higher than that are unfair.

He IS sitting on tons of inventory. Sure you can move Boston or NYR blanks for those prices but who needs a vector 2.0 Away Sens size 60 goalie cut, and would be willing to pay $280 plus tax and shipping to get one...no one...hence why he has hardly moved any of his Sens stuff (except the Heritage classic jerseys) since I discovered him.

Evidently he is making such a huge profit off of his big market team jerseys that he can afford to list Ottawa, Florida, Carolina etc apparel at prices way out of proportion to the demand and simply sit on them perpetually or until someone desperate enough comes along.

Still don't understand the staunch defensive attitude of some members here though. ebay is not an outlet that people go to to pay straight retail prices....let alone north of retail...so you can imagine some of us are a bit frustrated that we do not have other options to go to, either online or on foot.

The problem isn't entirely his prices per se....it's the fact that he seems to be the only merchant that can reliable stock up on the latest designs in most any size....how and why?

If we had more 2.0s being circulated to more retailers then the market would adjust itself and JB's "fair prices" would have to become "even more competitive".

It's just supply and demand. He supplies what people demand. He's gone through so many jerseys he doesn't care what a few collectors think of his prices. People are paying whatever he asks because there is no other source to get those hard to find edge style jerseys. He's also a really cool hockey fan and willing to negotiate outside of eBay directly through email. Not too often you find that a large retailer like JB who is willing to negotiate prices.

It's just supply and demand. He supplies what people demand. He's gone through so many jerseys he doesn't care what a few collectors think of his prices. People are paying whatever he asks because there is no other source to get those hard to find edge style jerseys. He's also a really cool hockey fan and willing to negotiate outside of eBay directly through email. Not too often you find that a large retailer like JB who is willing to negotiate prices.

That needs to change.

Why would anyone compete with him? As soon as they spend a ton of capital to compete with him, they will have to charge less than he does to sell their product and make a minimal profit.

The idea that he should sell you his "less desirables" for a discount whenever you want it just because someone else was willing to pay a premium for something else is laughable.

The idea that he should sell you his "less desirables" for a discount whenever you want it just because someone else was willing to pay a premium for something else is laughable.

At least someone understands the concept! Haha

What the hell are you talking about? Listing items way over their actual market value is what he is doing...where did I demand a discount or even expressed interest in those items? The point I was trying to illustrate (and that was obviously lost on your refined intellect) was that his listing prices were not in touch with what the items are worth, exhibit A, B, etc.

I suggested that come new competition would help bring about prices that better reflect the value/demand. You can paint that as me begging for a discount all you want, it isn't the same thing and you run the danger of posting a straw man as you have just done.

It seems this idea of a non-monopoly either goes way over your heads OR from your perspective a fair market is not a desirable thing. If I wasn't certain that you weren't his business partners I would at least ask if you own or help run a business.....but even then most people put the BS aside when enjoying leisurely activity.

Sorry missed this gem because you updated afterwards and pretty much wrote a whole different post...

Just saying "I'm not ignoring facts, you are" doesn't make it true.

Great. So why did you use that on me on the last page? Because you are inconsistent and hypocritical? Also I didn't "just say that"...I explained my reasoning, gave you the discrepancy in pricing from what you see and what I see and of course you ignored all of it. "Words! Sentences! Wall of text!" It won't hurt you, you just have to hit them with your eyes and not stop until you reach the end. Hopefully the brain can take care of the rest.

Also, posting a wall of text doesn't make half of what you said true either.

I suppose barely typing anything to back your arguments like you do is the way to go huh? If you don't have the patience/attention span to read a response that you provoked, it isn't not my problem. I was explaining why you were wrong but it seems you are the kind of person who takes their ball and goes home when they have nothing left to say.

You can be one of the people who falsely think he's overpriced. It's no sweat off my back.

Are you sure? Could have fooled me. You seem to be sweating enough to update your responses and chime in with one-liners...but still no attempt at an educated elaboration on why we should be content with JB running the jersey show as a "Jersey Emperor" unopposed and unchallenged, which is what I was principally concerned with and i'm sure the fellows who can read can recognize that.

I was even trying to reason with you, brought forth examples and you....have done nothing but tell me i'm wrong....no backing up your argument, just "i'm right, you're wrong, i'm bored, bye." Leave me feeling like an idiot for taking you seriously in the first place.

Just delete. Nevermind. I said I wouldn't respond anymore, and I won't.

Edited by dsl135

You have to let everyone know that you just cannot respond huh? How big of you.

Well, I had responded, and I can't delete my own post, so I'm not sure what else I was supposed to say when editing it to ask for it to be deleted.

i just really don't understand the super hostile attitude when I said JB's stuff is overpriced. I don't think i'm wrong in saying that but even if I was, would it be so hard to respect someone else's opinion?