eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing against dsl135, he is a good guy and helped me out once by being my proxy shipper and I don't forget that but I just can't stay quiet after i'm called out as being wrong when I know i'm not. Sorry for the thread-jacking guys, new page, back to eBay listings.

I wasn't hostile. I simply pointed out that it wasn't overpriced because it was retail price (plus eBay fees) which is still a fact.

You expressed your opinion, then I expressed mine (and others agreed with me and pointed out things like he is willing to work off of eBay at a significant discount). You were the one to start throwing insults around with things like "To be honest I don't understand the overzealous defense of his asking prices."

And now it has clogged up the thread far more than it should have and I am trying to excuse myself from the unnecessarily nasty situation.

You have your opinion. My opinion is that you're wrong. That much has been made clear and there's no sense elaborating on it, so I'm not sure why you're trying to continue dragging this along. You think one thing. I don't agree. We're done.

Anyone have any interesting eBay links to share?

Edited by dsl135

I think that you are I are not clear on what retail is or should be. Also calling you overzealous in your response isn't an insult. I attempted to show you why it isn't "retail + listing fees" which even then isn't a defense because hardly anyone gets or should get retail + fees on eBay.

I appreciate you trying save the integrity of the thread but you cannot just throw your arguments over the fence and trot away. It's pretty insulting to sit there and reason a thoughtful response only to have someone discard it as a "wall of text". It's a virtual spit in the face. Also I think you need to claim at least partial responsibility for the "nastiness" that erupted last page. Of course you don't have to but it would sure be nice if you did.

Finito.

I think that you are I are not clear on what retail is or should be. Also calling you overzealous in your response isn't an insult. I attempted to show you why it isn't "retail + listing fees" which even then isn't a defense because hardly anyone gets or should get retail + fees on eBay.

I appreciate you trying save the integrity of the thread but you cannot just throw your arguments over the fence and trot away. It's pretty insulting to sit there and reason a thoughtful response only to have someone discard it as a "wall of text". It's a virtual spit in the face. Also I think you need to claim at least partial responsibility for the "nastiness" that erupted last page. Of course you don't have to but it would sure be nice if you did.

Finito.

I never claimed it was all you. It was an argument. We were both involved.

As for anything else you said just now that I disagree with, I'm just going to shut up because it seems that it will just continue this seemingly endless argument, so if we're done, let's be done.

Good prices on these shirts - http://www.ebay.com/sch/belainemk1000/m.html

Good stuff. None in my size, but are those patches on the Kings jersey authentic?

Good stuff. None in my size, but are those patches on the Kings jersey authentic?

The ASG patch looks good but the AM patch is a repro.

Texture of the game patch is much more grainy than on the repro:

image_zps692025c3.jpg

Didn't you find an original not long ago?

Edited by LAK74

From all your responses all I see is Sens jersey this and sens jersey that. I think the underlying theme is you want a sens jersey or another jersey from JB and you don't want to pay his price and you are pissed. You mention CTC/Megiray prices...so go buy them there and stop bashing the guy. He has rare jerseys and he prices them the way he feels is right. The price might seem high to you but others are buying them so i think his pricing is what the market is willing to pay. If it wasn't he would lower his prices.

I don't like Sobeys prices on groceries and I'm amazed how people can pay 4 dollars for a bag of Doritos when they are 2.50 at Walmart. Clearly there is a market for Sobeys and there is a market for JB. Just cause I don't like their prices doesn't mean I'm gonna cry and complain. Go spend your money somewhere else...oh wait you can't cause nobody else has the stuff you want.

Finito.

Thanks for the input Iceman, but we have really and truly moved along in that regard. Especially love the fallacious grocery store comparison that completely ignores the store hours and location aspect to pricing for those two businesses.

Convenient stores charge what...$6 a bag these days? So that means I either have to buy it AND love the price or I should move along? Maybe I need the chips PLUS I want to point out that they are overpriced, if that is okay with you of course.

I have bought from JB multiple times....I still think I paid too much for a blank and I perfectly entitled to think so.

Edited by Of Senators and Kings

I have a theory... Of Senators and Kings is actually Jersey Baron. Stay with me now. After seeing some of the defense of his own high prices on ebay, and knowing how much people on the internet like to bicker and argue, he decided to launch an offensive campaign against HIMSELF. Since no one likes to be wrong, this increases support of Jersey Baron and increases his sales twenty-fold.

Brilliant.

You got me, you got me...anyways I just received a shipment from somali pirates my regular supplier for around 500 assorted KOHO 6100 jerseys in size 60 and 46 (paid about a nickel each for them, heh)....how's about...$450 a pop? I'll get right on the listing, don't want to keep you boys waiting.

Edited by Of Senators and Kings

Mike's the baron of teabagging your jerseys.

My jerseys are all caffeine free. I checked because I'm prone to kidney stones.

Is it just me, or has eBay shared a striking resemblance with a dumpster fire these past couple of weeks?

dumpster fire......

I messaged someone on some goalie gear after the listing ended and gave them an offer they said yes, and then asked how would they ship it because it's "kind of heavy" and how much it would cost...... I said well for starters go to the post office or UPS store get a quote and let me know

no response for 3 days and they relisted it on eBay now lol

Beware of this mother f#cker. Scammed by him about two years ago; sold him a NWT ultrafil pens lemieux through paypal. I didn't know better at the time and allowed him to pay me in 2 separate payments AND shipped to him in sweden without tracking/signature/insurance because I fell for his honesty. He filed a did not receive claim through paypal and won. I was out $350 USD. HockeyMusic had a similar encounter with this .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-CCM-MARIO-LEMIEUX-AUTOGRAPHED-ULTRAFIL-JERSEY-PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-JAGR-PENS-/181430709842?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a3e1cee52