eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ nasty

A rare size 52 as well. Most of the ones that pop up are 48's. The UPS shipping to Canada will hurt the final value though. I wouldn't touch it because of that.

Not for nothing, but if you are trying to win that jersey, does it make sense to post it on a jersey site and bring it to other jersey collectors' attention?

Not for nothing, but if you are trying to win that jersey, does it make sense to post it on a jersey site and bring it to other jersey collectors' attention?

Maybe because almost no one fits a size 46? ;)

mfitz - I know what I'll bid up to.

If someone else wants it more then they probably aware of it anyways and if not, then good luck.

amonte- plenty of us hockey fans that are small in stature. Wish I would see more 46,48 jerseys available.

mfitz - I know what I'll bid up to.

If someone else wants it more then they probably aware of it anyways and if not, then good luck.

amonte- plenty of us hockey fans that are small in stature. Wish I would see more 46,48 jerseys available.

I guess that's a valid point. I personally wouldn't do it, feels like it would increase competition, but I guess it is on eBay after all, anyone serious about collecting is already scouring eBay anyway.

Maybe because almost no one fits a size 46? ;)

Hey!!!!!!!

*sigh*

It's true....

As much as I want this kind of jersey, I am not paying that much. Probably not even for the rarest jersey, ever. If it were the last of its kind on earth, perhaps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Mighty-Ducks-of-Anaheim-Wild-Wing-Jersey-Size-Small-/331045026380?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4d13d23a4c

The Q and A section of the auction says it all. Insane BIN price.

I was one of the ones to ask him a question. The guy is delusional. "No average height/weight person would fit into an XL?" Um... what?

He's blinded by how much he likes the jersey, and thinks that actually increases its market value, when it doesn't.

I personally wouldn't do it, feels like it would increase competition...

I would think just the opposite...I've posted dibs on stuff just to let other collectors know I'm after it so we're not bidding against one another. I've had guys back off who would otherwise bid, and I've done the same in the past for them when there was something I was going to try snipe, but when they said they wanted it, I stayed away.

If two folks are really interested, they can PM one another to find out their max bids, figure out who wants it more, then take the high road and avoid bidding against one another, and raising the price needlessly.

I personally like the faded heat pressed "Rothhammer". Totally adds 899.99 of value at least.

No kidding. I as much as looked online, I couldn't find a sentimental value to Canadian Dollar converter that would make sense of that listing.

I would think just the opposite...I've posted dibs on stuff just to let other collectors know I'm after it so we're not bidding against one another. I've had guys back off who would otherwise bid, and I've done the same in the past for them when there was something I was going to try snipe, but when they said they wanted it, I stayed away.

If two folks are really interested, they can PM one another to find out their max bids, figure out who wants it more, then take the high road and avoid bidding against one another, and raising the price needlessly.

I agree completely. There have been times when I would have gone after something, somewhat casually, but then find out another collector here is bidding on it and backed off. I knew they wanted it more than me, so I'm not going to bid them up because I'd hope they'd do the same for me.

In other cases where I was determined to get something, knowing someone else here was after it as well didn't change what I was willing to pay - it just meant in the end if I lost it, I possibly knew who to and frankly I'm always happier when I lose to someone here rather than a stranger. Also remember, a lot of jerseys move around the hobby quite a bit. I'd rather know a jersey went to a good home with a member here and hope that someday I may have a chance to buy it from them.

But then you are counting on everyone to be a gentleman as you are. Honestly I would do the same thing, if someone were really after something, found it on eBay, and then posted how excited they were about it, I would just back off. But for every person that feels that way, there has to be 10 guys who read this site, never post anything, and would swoop in there and bid regardless of whether someone posted dibs.

Though I must say, I'd prefer it if it were the way you said.

Agreed with slim, akteon, and mfitz - It would be nice if more people were as considerate as you guys.

Anyways - Hoping to win it (fingers crossed) and make it into a Gaborik.

Good luck, those all star jerseys are pretty cool and gotta be mighty hard to find in that size. I really love mine.