eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was watching that, and almost sniped it, but I have too much on my plate right now.

I passed so another member could get it. My highest amount was way over the final price. Unfortunately, I need to PayPal some cash to another member. ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may well be) but didn't the pens only wear the all star patch on there 2nd set in 89-90 by which time they switched to the big block CCM hem tag?

Small block

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7051&lotIdNo=74001

Big block

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1989_90_Troy_Loney_Pittsburgh_Penguins_Game_Worn_Jersey_41st_NHL_All_Star-7192-171.html

A tempting suggestion, will certainly keep that option in mind lol. Just need to find an all star game patch......are those even possible to find haha?

If you're serious...

I have one of those AS patches, but unfortunately it's not for sale. I'm waiting for a jersey to throw it on :)

And NJD is correct - it would be a jersey foul to put it on that jersey anyways. Big block or big block with NHL logo for the AS patch.

Ah well that is why I have you guys :P. I looked up the golden toe jerseys but didn't think about the ccm tag! Gonna be a Coffey I think. I'll be camping out for the mailman for a couple days haha.

Whats the story on this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-Pro-New-York-Rangers-Hockey-Jersey-Sz-54-CCM-w-Fight-Strap-289-Retail-/321259127888?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4acc894450

I have never seen an authentic Rangers Liberty jersey in CCM. I have only seen Starter,Proplayer,Koho and RBK6100.

Ive seen the CCM ones in replicas but never an authentic.

Ah well that is why I have you guys :P. I looked up the golden toe jerseys but didn't think about the ccm tag! Gonna be a Coffey I think. I'll be camping out for the mailman for a couple days haha.

Good. Congrats!

I was hoping someone around here got that!!

Whats the story on this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-Pro-New-York-Rangers-Hockey-Jersey-Sz-54-CCM-w-Fight-Strap-289-Retail-/321259127888?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4acc894450

I have never seen an authentic Rangers Liberty jersey in CCM. I have only seen Starter,Proplayer,Koho and RBK6100.

Ive seen the CCM ones in replicas but never an authentic.

Something's definitely up with this one. Liberty jersey debuted in 1996-97 after the switch to Starter. You are correct.

The pics aren't very helpful- perhaps a replica with an added fight strap and a CCM neck tag? We need to see pics of the back and sleeves.

Is it possible that CCM still retained some merchandising rights for a year or two and made "authentic" quality Jerseys even though they didn't match the team issued stuff? I know you could still buy CCM replicas even after the teams had moved on to Starter, ProPlayer, etc.

My guess would be it's from 2000-2001 when The Hockey Company took over the license for the entire league and split the jerseys between their two brands: CCM and Koho. They only used CCM for the home/white jerseys (Koho was on the dark/away and third jerseys) but maybe that's a prototype before they decided to use Koho on the thirds.

Definitely strange and as others said, a mystery that won't be solved without more/better pictures.

Good. Congrats!

I was hoping someone around here got that!!

In the end it helped that you posted it since it would have been me and Tom bidding each other up way higher than it went for haha.

My guess would be it's from 2000-2001 when The Hockey Company took over the license for the entire league and split the jerseys between their two brands: CCM and Koho.

I'm inclined to agree, although I'd guess it could be from just before the 2000-01 season, as the neck tag used is the late 1990's one, and CCM came up with a new tag for the 2000-01 season. If we could only see the CCM logo on the back, it would help a lot. A big block hem logo and silver NHL shield would indicate 1999-2000 (and therefore a prototype), but a small block logo under the collar would probably mean 2000-01.