Quick WC 2012 Question

dte421

Do any of the Rangers fans out there know if Arena Wear still has the proper felt letters and numbers for the Winter Classic jerseys? I want to get my 2nd one done finally but the guy at the NHL Store didn't know, and I couldn't get Arena Wear on the phone.

Thanks in advance...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I went in to the NHL store they told me they would charge DOUBLE for felt customization, bringing it up to like 140 dollars, and that was months ago. If you hear any different I'd love to know before I send mine out to EPS

When I went in to the NHL store they told me they would charge DOUBLE for felt customization, bringing it up to like 140 dollars, and that was months ago. If you hear any different I'd love to know before I send mine out to EPS

Wow $140 is rediculous. I guess I will be using EPS as well.

It was actually $160. I begrudgingly paid it just to be done with it. I definitely would recommend sending to EPS though.

I went with another McDonagh.

Thank you guys all for your replies.

On a side note, they had no idea when they would begin getting the 2.0's, but they did confirm that the 2012-'13 jerseys they will be receiving will be 2.0.

Jeez, 160... yeah I forgot if it was 70 or 80 for regular jobs. I guess it's 80. That's way too much for me to be paying for a WC, especially since I have 2 to do. I'll just send them to EPS with my ASG jerseys.

$160 for customization? Thats just goofy. Have you seen what felt actually costs? Its like $3 a yard for the consumer. No reason it should cost anymore than regular stuff.

Yeah. It's pretty ridiculous. That said, Cosby's is like $110 for regular jerseys, and I was already there... so... whatever.

If this was the CFA exam, we could talk about the time value of money... but that's not the reason either :)

If this was the CFA exam, we could talk about the time value of money... but that's not the reason either :)

Let's not and say we did!

Simplest form: Money today is worth more today than money tomorrow!

Anything more than $75 for customization is absurd. You can buy 2 NYR WC customized replicas (with felt lettering) for $160.

Or someone could sell a size 56 to me for $500 or anything in my collection. :)

If I had a rangers Winter Classic, I'd sell it to you for $450 :)

I wish everyone thought like you. For $450, you could buy the Islanduhrs!

Who has the rights to be called "WC", the World Championships or the Winter Classic? Hmmm…..

Sooooo got this back from the NHL store today, and it looks great, the felt is awesome... and they only charged me the original $80.

Sooooo got this back from the NHL store today, and it looks great, the felt is awesome... and they only charged me the original $80.

Pics or it didn't happen...

Haha

I want to mess around with ranger fans too!

Sooo I found a stack of authentic Winter Classic jeresys for $100 at

The only thing more hysterical than that is the thought of an Islanders Winter Classic jersey. That'll happen. :P

The only thing more hysterical than that is the thought of an Islanders Winter Classic jersey. That'll happen. :P

I set you ranger fans up. You blew it. SMH

I was hoping one of you would have said "in the clearance section next to the Isles playoff merchandise"

I set you ranger fans up. You blew it. SMH

I was hoping one of you would have said "in the clearance section next to the Isles playoff merchandise"

What's a playoff?

Hardy-har-har!!

I'm going to assume it was a mistake. Did you speak to anyone specifically? Did you pay when you dropped it off or when you picked it up? I was going to send to EPS but if I can get them to do it for $80 I'll do it here.

So, did anybody else get the email from Steiner today for Rangers WC autographed jerseys? I didn't even look until Brian pointed it out to me, but the pictures of the signed WC Rangers jerseys are the prototype knockoffs we saw before the jerseys were even unveiled, the ones with the square looking logo and the stars on the sleeves. Way to go, Steiner!