Skate Photomatch Question

Hollywood Cannon

Need more eyes for this one:

Probably just me wanting to see it there than it actually being there but I figured i'd ask for more eyes.

Left inside skate on Schenn:

15oh2zr.png
9956b00bd48a4b37979dbe6d036ded3b-3823447

Anyone else see it or is it just me seeing what I want to see? I don't think it's anything 100% stone cold conclusive but it's a possibility.

Nope. We all see the Rangers beating the Flyers. :P

That would be really awesome, though.

Zing!

I bought it directly from the Flyers. They have equipment sales every so often at their practice facility. It wasn't sold as worn in the Winter Classic or anything but I saw those two marks and I thought maybe...just maybe. I also have his gamer from the 2nd period (where he scored) so it would be pretty cool if I managed the skates too.

The Flyers don't offer any COA or LOA with the equipment they sell and sadly i'm not really sure they have much of an idea what they have and don't have so trying to contact them won't really work.

21c0p5.jpg

That may help somewhat if I could get in contact with the equipment manager or even Meigray could probably help me out. I've sent three emails to Meigray now asking if they'll authenticate my Schenn Phantoms gamer, Couturier NHL Debut Pants (I photo-matched them), and a few other things that I bought at the Skate Zone but have never received a response.

I find it highly doubtful he would wear a separate pair of skates just for the WC, so I'd imagine that's probably it, and it was used for a bulk of the season. Just sucks there's no COA.

I have to imagine that players don't wear many pairs of skates throughout a season. Breaking in skates is a pain in the Arse. Most guys I know despise buying new skates and will wear there's for years and years. I can't actually see anything with my crummy screen, but I don't see why it couldn't be.

It depends on the player. I've heard of players who change skates often, and players may try out different models or different spec skates at different times. Also, it's my understanding that players keep more than one pair on hand.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I finally have an answer to my question, after not receiving a response to my first few emails I went straight to the top and Barry helped me out. I sent the skates (along with Couturier pants and Schenn and Couturier Phantoms jerseys) to Meigray to be authenticated. I received the call today saying that all of my items are done and that they were all authenticated. I sat there anxiously waiting for Stu to comment if they were worn in the Winter Classic or not and sure enough they are 100% confirmed to have been worn in the game. All of my items should be shipped today so i'll most likely receive them tomorrow.

After being on the fence for a couple of days about buying the skates (I just wanted Schenn skates, no knowledge that they possibly could have been worn in the WC), I couldn't be happier now knowing that I have the jersey and the skates that he scored his first NHL goal in and will have a LOA and a Photo LOA stating so.

Speaking of first NHL goals, the Couturier pants were confirmed to have been worn in his NHL debut and scored his first NHL goal in them.