Best Photomatched Gamers

enzo269

Lol, just hoping he wasn't making some cowboy pudding on the bench.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always loved this photomatch, since AHL photos can be very hard to find.

P1010233.JPG

Lacosta%2520Photo%2520Match%25201.13.10.

This jersey I have photomatched to almost 10 different photos.

P1010602.JPG

Mason%25203rd%25203.jpg

This one Wooten did the photomatch before I got the jersey from him, but it has to be the coolest one.

P1010872.JPG

8129650169_812897bdb9_o.png

Love that Prospal... Good stuff Blue Jacket.. I would love to get my hands on Dubinsky's third from the Blue Jackets..

Shea Weber Game Worn 2011-2012 Set 2 photomatches. I've matched the loose threads on the Captain C. The small horizontal black mark right beside the Crest (nose area) And to Repairs on the left Sleeve. Full pics of the jersey are in the New Arrivals thread.

ss_zpsfddfcb7f.jpg

sss_zps25f26ffa.jpg

shea1_zps4a8bafa4.jpg

sheaber_zps3c1b98b0.jpg

This one was right after he scored a slap shot goal in the Playoff series against Detroit!

shea_zpsdb49cb28.jpg

Pekka Rinne Game worn 2011-2012 Set 2. I matched it to the black marks on the Crest and the black mark right beside the crest on the right.

sssss_zpsc62d6361.jpg

pp_zps327be66b.jpg

pekss_zpsbe266300.jpg

This is my Favorite. Matched to the him shaking Jimmy Howard's hand after the Preds knocked out Detroit in the Playoffs!

pp_zps96d97587.jpg

Nice! I should try to match my Timonen socks that I bought this year.

Did you buy those at a game? They were selling them for a fantastic deal at the home opener. I got Timonen's and my buddy got Briere's for $10 per pair. Great deal, in my opinion. I'll have to check this out.

Nice! I should try to match my Timonen socks that I bought this year.

Did you buy those at a game? They were selling them for a fantastic deal at the home opener. I got Timonen's and my buddy got Briere's for $10 per pair. Great deal, in my opinion. I'll have to check this out.

I bought them during an equipment sale last year before the playoffs at the Skate Zone. I got lucky being able to match these socks because it was an obvious place to start (his first goal). I imagine it will be long and tedious to match your socks unless there are blatant marks.

I posted this in new arrivals section, but my McDonagh photomatch is spot on too..

photoljv.jpg

photocopy4l.jpg

mcdk.jpg

• 2 months later...

304443E9-3AC0-4813-BE61-9200A881AFAC-372

ofzk88.jpg

I actually inadvertently photo-matched the jersey. I had been looking for a noticeable mark from games from January 19th-March 24th (the set dates) and had little to no luck.

Below is what I found before I received the jersey, waiting to receive the jersey obviously would have given me the answer haha.

I see a photo taken on April 6th, which is past the Set One Dates. I see the long loose thread hanging from the back number and think "well ****, I search for a couple months and don't find one thing on my jersey but it takes two seconds to find a clearly definable mark/thread on the Set Two jersey." After coming to that conclusion I remembered that that was the game that Schenn took the puck to the side of the head. I went back and watched the game to see originally if Schenn came back with a jersey with blood on it still. I saw that Schenn returned with a completely clean jersey. Notice the loose thread on the first #2, Here is the screen cap:

eaqvjp.jpg
I went back into my pictures that I have been saving of Schenn wearing the set one. I found this picture that was taken on February 20th against the Penguins:
2q23k1x.jpg
They look as if they're in the same place. The only thing is the loose thread on the bottom of the 2nd #2 is no where to be found in my screen cap.
I continued to watch the game and see if I could get any better screen caps of Schenn to find that in the 2nd period Evander Kane deked passed Schenn in the exact manner that the original photo was taken.
2ryhrb6.png

• 3 months later...

Bumping an old topic to ask a question and for your opinions. If you can find a photo of a player wearing a jersey, and you can't match it to any marks, but the date the game was played matches the date listed in the MGG population report, do you consider that to be a photo match? It's the same jersey the player wore, but not matched to a mark, but is still matched by date and opponent.

Not IMO. There has to be a distinguishable unique mark (or more than one, if possible) common to the jersey and photo.