Fedorov CSKA number

sec

Can anybody tell me what number Fedorov wore with CSKA?

My mother recently sent me a jersey her neighbors found when they were cleaning out the attic. It's a very thin CSKA fan jersey with the penguin logo and Fedorov's name in cyrilic and number 29. White with light blue trim. I've seen the red jerseys with the penguin but never blue.

I guess my real question is did Ferorov ever wear 29, and could somebody tell me when/if CSKA wore jerseys similar to this.

According to hockeydb, Fedorov wore #28 in '86-'87 with CSKA and then #18 with them from '87-'90. After that, he moved to the NHL where he obviously wore #91. I have no idea how accurate the hockeydb information is for 1980s Russian teams, but it's at least a bit promising that it doesn't just appear that he exclusively and always wore #91 or #18.

I believe Fedorov wore #18 when he returned to the KHL with Metallurg in the past few years. Based on that, it seems #18 is his regular Russian number. If the #29 jersey is something he wore, I'd guess it was likely very close to the beginning before he seemingly became set on #18 over in Russia. Hopefully somebody else can give you more concrete information.

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.

It could be the dreaded Fedor Fedorov and not Sergei. There were people peeing themselves in the early 90's jumping to conclusions and thinking they had Sergei gamers on their hands when they were the other guy's jerseys.

It could be the dreaded Fedor Fedorov and not Sergei. There were people peeing themselves in the early 90's jumping to conclusions and thinking they had Sergei gamers on their hands when they were the other guy's jerseys.

Fedor is 12 years younger than Sergei and thus only born in 1981. As a result, he wasn't even playing relevant hockey until the late 90s. He didn't play in the Russian leagues until 2004.

Ceska, thanks for the card pics. Very interesting that he wore 29 with the national team but not CSKA.

I can understand somebody making up a bunch of Fedorov CSKA jerseys, even though he never wore that jersey style, to make a quick buck. But it would make more sense to me to use the 91 he is known for if you're not going to use his actual CSKA number.